Do you call a store you have never been to & ask for a certain bag or is that a no-no

luv2shophandbag

Shallow & Obsessed
Feb 5, 2007
My collection is almost complete for the time being, but I am missing one particular size bag. One of my H stores rarely if ever gets that size bag, and the other doesn't seem to have any when I ask. I've been thinking about calling some other stores, even though I haven't shopped there before. Has anyone ever gotten "lucky" by doing that? (As I type this, I'm sure Japster has a good x-rated answer in mind...:P)

Yes, yesterday my SA also said they will not even send photos of birkins or kellly bags via email, either. My store is very strict, your mileage may vary.....

I think it just depends. On the store, on the SA, on the bag. I got a birkin once that way from a store I've never been to or bought from before, though it did take a little begging and pleading on my part, but I was lucky enough to land a sympathetic SA. It can't hurt to ask.

Do you think an HAC counts as a Birkin?

I've had SA's say yes, it's included in the "no shipping Birkin" clause, and others say no, they can ship HACs. I live in the Northeast and usually speak to stores in that area where if necessary I can go pick up stuff - NY, Boston mostly.

Though I've talked to SAs from the Midwest, and they are much more willing to ship/ check other stores inventories etc.

luv2shop - can your SA find one for you from another store? my SA would gladly search a certain item i want, have it ship and sometimes if i'm not sure, they ship it over without any commitment. its not all the time though that they'll be able to find it but i think i good SA can do this for you! good luck!

My SA offered to check for a Lindy when I was shopping this summer, and I told her not to because I wanted her to get the sale! Since I now across the country from that store, can I still ask her to check other stores? (There are no H stores where I live now...)

^^If they still don't have any Lindys, she'll probably offer to ring around again. But if not, there's nothing wrong with asking her if she can do a search. The worst she might say is that she can't at this time. But given that you've already got a good relationship with her, just asking if it's possible isn't going to do any harm.

Good luck!

^^If they still don't have any Lindys, she'll probably offer to ring around again. But if not, there's nothing wrong with asking her if she can do a search. The worst she might say is that she can't at this time. But given that you've already got a good relationship with her, just asking if it's possible isn't going to do any harm.

Good luck!
Oops! I wasn't clear...I have since gotten a Lindy thanks to a tPF member who posted it in the what have you seen thread. So I wanted to let my SA know that I found my Lindy, and ask her to do a search for a 32 HAC...