No listing fees for a month

here's more info:

When is it?
x.gif

Starting Wednesday August 29, 2007 between 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second on August 29, 2007) and ending on Sunday September 30, 2007 at 23:59:59 PT(11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

What are the fees?
x.gif

Insertion Fees for Auction-style and Fixed Price listings will be waived or discounted, depending on your start price or reserve price, when you purchase Gallery on the U.S. www.eBay.com. Please see fee table below.

Please note: For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0) the promotional price will not be shown during the listing process. Instead the discount will be reflected in the "View Account Status" section in My eBay, as well as in your next invoice.

What listings qualify?
x.gif

Listings created during the promotion will be eligible for the discounted insertion fees. This includes listings created prior to the promotion and scheduled to start during the promotional period August 29 - September 30, 2007.

Is anything excluded?
x.gif

This promotion will not apply to the following types of listings: All eBay Motors listings (including Parts & Accessories, Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Power Sports, Other Vehicles), Live Auction, Professional Services, Real Estate, Ad Format and Store Inventory listings. The following business and industrial categories are excluded from the Insertion Fee Sale: tractors & farm machinery (91952), heavy equipment (25249), concession trailers, carts (67145), imaging and aesthetics equipment (92035), forklifts and other lifts (97185), manufacturing equipment (92080), metalworking equipment (92082) and commercial printing presses (26247)

Bundles that contain Gallery such as Value Pack, Pro Pack, Gallery Plus, Gallery Featured and Picture Pack will not be eligible. You will need to purchase Gallery separately to be eligible for the promotion.

The promotional rate does not apply to listings with a start date prior to August 29, 2007 - including those listings revised during the promotional period. The promotional rate also does not apply to listings created during the promotion August 29 - September 30, 2007 and scheduled to start after the promotion ends.

Can I use Reserve?
x.gif

Yes you can use Reserve with your listings. However, if your start price is under $10 and your reserve price is $10 or more, you will receive 25% off your insertion fee.

How do you get the Promotion price?
x.gif

You can list Auction-style and Fixed price items with Gallery through Sell Your Item Form, eBay Seller Tools, and most third-party tools.

Is Canada included?
x.gif

The Gallery and Insertion fee promotion will also be extended to Canada (www.ebay.ca and www.cafr.ebay.ca) sites. For more details, click here.

hmm...I saw this this morning...and I was thinking last nigth to sell some stuff on ebay. Never have before.

anyone know a place I can go (online) to read all about "how to sell on ebay"? like an "selling on ebay for dummies" type thing?

i guess I just don't get the 'fees' thing. when i do sell, I'd like to provide enough pictures at least...I really think that's key when selling. (do you upload to ebay? link from somewhere else? see...i'm such a newbie!)

Don't forget, this promotion only applies to items start at $9.99 or less. I don't think I will list my name brand bags starting with $9.99. eBay still charges reserve price listings.