Travel Bag

GoldenAnkh

Lovin' Toki
Feb 27, 2007
Which bag do you prefer to use for travelling? I have both a Cucciolo and a Luna, and I can't decide which to use for a work trip next week. This would be for my carry-on baggage only - I am not letting them out of my site!

I have found that the cucciolo is great for taking things to work. I can fit my radio, all the associated cables for the radio and ipod/sirius radio, a sweater, lunch and/or snacks, and some papers and such. I have not used my Luna yet, but it also fits gioco with a lot of junk in it.

Does anyone have a preference for air travel? I can't afford a Trenino right now, but I really want one.... :nuts:

Ooh I got a trenino last month and I'm going on vacation this month and I plan on bringing the trenino so that I can have some toki with meeee :biggrin:

Other than that, I don't have any other toki large enough to be a travel bag ...

Size-wise, Cucciolo and Luna should be able to fit about the same volume.
But I think a Cucciolo would be better just because of the pockets and sides that makes it handy for you to grab things that you need the most quickly.
HTH! :tup:

I have not yet used either of them to travel with, except on the return trip from LA - I used the Cucciolo because it was the only toki I had at the time. I guess, I feel guilty for using one over the other.... ARGH!

I don't have a Cucciolo but have a Citta Luna and I used it as a carry on this past trip. It has a city/travel scene on it making it the obvious choice for me, lol. I have also been using it as a gym bag to get more use out of it.

What do you all think would make the best bag for carrying passports, money and credit cards? I bought a Nuvola Arancia, thinking it would be perfect for that purpose - lots of zippered pockets, and the bag is worn across and very close to the body, which makes it more snatch-proof. (And the bright orange is so that my older parents could see me in a crowd.) But I used it on a week-long trip to the beach two weeks ago, and it *sucked* for that purpose! If you're right handed, and you wear the bag so the strap goes from right shoulder to left hip, the zippers open from the bottom up. So in order to get into any of the pockets without dumping the contents on the ground, you have to take the bag completely off.

So, now I'm bidding on a Ciao, and thinking that might work. The Ciao Ciao is way too big. Other opinions? Would a Canguro work across the body instead of as a belt bag? Will it fit a possport?

What do you all think would make the best bag for carrying passports, money and credit cards? I bought a Nuvola Arancia, thinking it would be perfect for that purpose - lots of zippered pockets, and the bag is worn across and very close to the body, which makes it more snatch-proof. (And the bright orange is so that my older parents could see me in a crowd.) But I used it on a week-long trip to the beach two weeks ago, and it *sucked* for that purpose! If you're right handed, and you wear the bag so the strap goes from right shoulder to left hip, the zippers open from the bottom up. So in order to get into any of the pockets without dumping the contents on the ground, you have to take the bag completely off.

So, now I'm bidding on a Ciao, and thinking that might work. The Ciao Ciao is way too big. Other opinions? Would a Canguro work across the body instead of as a belt bag? Will it fit a possport?

A stellina has loads of pockets, and it worn across the body - so you'd have easy access to all of these places. A ciao is nice, but it may be a little small if you're using it for a trips and such... a stellina can fit a lot, and look cute at the same time :biggrin:

Lisalala: I have a Tutti Ciao Ciao and I :heart: it! I carried it to Disneyland and it held everything! Including a sweater and my hat. It hugs your body when you wear it so it doesn't seem so big. I'm 4'11" tall and 98 lbs. If I can wear it, I'm thinking anyone can. The outside pockets are really handy and easy to get in. I've not used my Ciao yet, I just got it.

Hmmm. I've tried the Ciao Ciao on and it just seems so huge! But I will take another look at it. The basic concept is to have something small to wear with just the most important stuff like passports and money, but I'd also be carrying a separate bag (probably my new Cucciolo Notte) so I could tote everything else. I'm traveling with my parents, who are in their 70s, so I'm sure I'll end up being the packhorse. I'm pretty sure that's the only reason they're taking me.

I want to be able to wear this under a coat if necessary, so I'm not sure a Stellina will work, but I'll give that a try if I can find one to try on.

Any thoughts on wearing the Canguro across the body, or would that just look silly?

Lisalala - I've seen a cangura worn across the body.

I have a nuvola and I found it really handy especially when I go shopping with my 2 kids. I didn't think it unzipped from the bottom. I wore it on the right shoulder and if I pulled the bag UP from my left hip and let it sit across my belly, I was able to open the bag without a problem and the stuff didn't fall out. When it sits across my belly it is almost horizontal tho.