How do you care for your Birkin & Lindy bags ?

mijuya

Jul 29, 2007
I'm wondering if there are any leather cream or canvas lotion (if there's such a thing) which I can use to clean my Lindy bag ? Since it's part canvas, it's even harder to maintain than all leather. :confused1:

Secondly, how do you care for your birkin bags in Togo leather ?

I don't have any advice about a Lindy since the first time I've actually seen one in person was yesterday and I didn't buy it.

To me, one of the great things about Togo is that you don't have to do any maintenance on it! I treat Togo like I would any other H bag, which means keeping the bag in its dustbag, stuffed with acid free tissue or airbags if I have them, inside the box. I definitely take more care with bags made out of box leather than Togo, because I make a point to occasionally moisturize those. Otherwise, just keep it away from damp environments, and try not to let its shape get squashed.

I'm wondering if there are any leather cream or canvas lotion (if there's such a thing) which I can use to clean my Lindy bag ? Since it's part canvas, it's even harder to maintain than all leather. :confused1:

Secondly, how do you care for your birkin bags in Togo leather ?

mijuya, congratulations on scoring your bi-material Lindy! I see it in your avatar.

I do not know of any product to protect the canvas of your Lindy, but I know not to wash it or get it wet. You can get water marks on it.

Do bring it to Liat Towers where the craftsman is, whenever you feel like you need advice on caring for your Lindy. If the canvas gets soiled, please do not wash it yourself. Bring it to him.

^^ Not necessarily, LyannaS. We do have a melting pot of members with different nationalities. Some are frequent visitors even. Our H stores attract regular shoppers from Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and also India. :yes:

I don't have any advice about a Lindy since the first time I've actually seen one in person was yesterday and I didn't buy it.

To me, one of the great things about Togo is that you don't have to do any maintenance on it! I treat Togo like I would any other H bag, which means keeping the bag in its dustbag, stuffed with acid free tissue or airbags if I have them, inside the box. I definitely take more care with bags made out of box leather than Togo, because I make a point to occasionally moisturize those. Otherwise, just keep it away from damp environments, and try not to let its shape get squashed.

What do you use to moisturise your box leather Cynthia?

Quote:^^ Not necessarily, LyannaS. We do have a melting pot of members with different nationalities. Some are frequent visitors even. Our H stores attract regular shoppers from Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and also India.
Not forgetting those dang Malaysians too!;)

I would check with your local Hermes store. I use the Leather Therapy products on all of my leather. They have a web site you can look at.
Keep your moisture level at 50%, above 70% moisture will cause rot and mold
Below 30% will cause it to dry out and rot. Too much oil and moisturising is worse than too little. Some others on this forum use Meltonian and Saphir, which I have used in the past on my footwear.

Thanks, duchessofs. We don't have an Hermes in my country, though, and I won't get back to an Hermes store until about February of next year. I completely forgot to ask about how to care for a Togo, in my excitement. Hahaha. It's my first and only Hermes at the moment. I'm learning a lot from this forum as I go along. :smile: