I want a CHANEL!!!

midg613

O.G.
Aug 15, 2007
I'm looking for my first Chanel. If anyone spots a great deal on a Chanel, please let me know. I'm saving,skimping, and trying hard not to buy any more handbags so I can buy me one.:rolleyes:

I've never seen "deals" on classic Chanel but if you buy from Saks during an ecg event. You can save on tax and get a GC. So that to me is a "Deal"

Well if you lived in NY, I'd say go to the Chanel outlet in Woodbury Common. Sometimes you can really find a deal. Other times they have a lot of nothing. But...a couple of months ago I found a pink patent over-the-shoulder tote that was originally $1310, marked down to $1030 with an additional 60% off. So I paid a little over $400 for my first Chanel and it was NWT. Again, it's hit or miss. Sometimes they just don't have anything or the mark-downs aren't much better than the end of season sales at the boutiques, Neimans or Saks. Good luck.

Hmmm, maybe I ought to be a personal shopper for those of you outside NY.

I'm looking for my first Chanel. If anyone spots a great deal on a Chanel, please let me know. I'm saving,skimping, and trying hard not to buy any more handbags so I can buy me one.:rolleyes:

I feel exactly the same way I just came back from France and I couldn't find a classic chanel in pink, I was so upset that I came home empty handed. But I will definately let you know any Chanel deals that I come across.

I saw a pink mini flap bag on sale at Saks in July and I didn't buy it. :sad: It was marked down from approx. $1500 to under $700! I'm still kicking myself for letting it go!

Found my two authentic and vintage-but-in-great-shape Chanels on Ebay, and was thrilled with them. BUT...to avoid fakes (they are legion on Ebay)do a member search on Ebay and find burberry_princess. She publishes a guide to Chanel with photos and details on how to spot fakes and authentic Chanels. I have the 2.55 quilted style with the chain shoulder strap in beige, and a black lambskin drawstring bag with the CCs stitched on the outside. I ALWAYS feel rich and special whenever I carry them. The first one I scored for about $160, and the other for $155. The best times to bid on them are January, February, July, and August, when fewer folks are bidding on them. Good luck!