BV in patent leather??

Syma

O.G.
Jan 2, 2007
Not meaning to hijack Bunkies wonderful thread on BV's seasonal colours, I noticed that black patent was on the list for F/W 2007/08.:wtf:

Does anyone know what styles this is due to come in, if it hasn't already hit the stores?? Any help will be appreciated.:tup:

I'm so stupid! :upsidedown::rolleyes: I just looked through the BV catalogue and found the Vernice Clutch and accordian and a couple of other styles. Ho hum I though that they may do this style in the Veneta, Campana or Sloane. Now that would be cool :drool:

Ho hum I though that they may do this style in the Veneta, Campana or Sloane. Now that would be cool :drool:

I may be wrong but I doubt that these models will come in patent. That`s because patent leather is much stiffer and therefore harder to weave. Therefore all of the patent bags besides the Cabat are non-woven. The Cabat is a large bag, so the stiffness evens out, but in smaller shapes, you`d be carrying a basket around!

Thanks guys I didn't factor in the stiffness of the leather when considering the different BV styles. What C24 and Jane said make a lot of sense i.e it can make the bag look like a basket and not everyone can pull it off.

Here is the patent cabat in camel (I believe) at the boutique in Las Vegas. I didn't try it on so can't tell how heavy it was. Did have a stiff straw basket kind of look to it, but I still think the weaving looks nice.

Attachments

• bottegaveneta010#1.jpg
    bottegaveneta010#1.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 90
Hmmh, but the Camel Cabat looks definitely gorgeous! Maybe it could be used as a magazine holder instead of a bag or something in the direction of living room accessory.......