• Balenciaga City

• Chanel Jumbo

• YSL Downtown

Results are only viewable after voting.

missmustard

Prima Donna Assoluta
O.G.
Oct 15, 2006
which bag I'm getting for my birthday! It's still a bit away (october 27th), but my Dad said he'd be buying me a brand new bag! And coming from him, this is extremely rare. So he's just waiting for me to tell him which one I want, and I can't decide. I change my mind literally EVERY day!

I know for a fact I want an iconic/it bag. I need your help! Do vote and give me prons and cons on every option. I like roomy bags on the bigger side; I will usually carry my phone, keys, wallet, makeup pouch, pack of cigs, work badge, and a water bottle. And I don't want any patent. I like real leather better! So here's my options, feel free to comment after voting. Thanks!

-Marc Jacobs Stam
-Balenciaga City
-Chanel Jumbo
-YSL Downtown

They are quite different in styles and prices. Among those four, I would choose Balenciaga City. I think it is more practical and can be carried in many occasions, like like Chanel Jumbo which is quite formal.

i would go for the chanel jumbo..especially since chanel is always upping their prices. i also think it's the most classic out of your choices. good luck!

I'd have to go with the Chanel because no matter what, you honestly can't go wrong with a classic Chanel bag.

Stam: hip and chic, but so many people have it these days and 99% of them are replicas! I don't think you'd exactly be using it around in 20 years!
Balenciaga: a real "it" bag at the moment, I got one myself, but for me, it's something I'd carry for "throwing around". I love it and all, but it's probably also not something that I'd be carrying in 20 years.
And with Downtown.. I'm not a fan of it, so I don't really know! I love the Muse though..

It sounds to me Balenciaga City would be better for what you want to use it for. Chanel jumbo is a wonderful, iconic bag, but certainly not one you can throw around and put a water bottle inside!

I'd have to go with the Chanel because no matter what, you honestly can't go wrong with a classic Chanel bag.

Stam: hip and chic, but so many people have it these days and 99% of them are replicas! I don't think you'd exactly be using it around in 20 years!
Balenciaga: a real "it" bag at the moment, I got one myself, but for me, it's something I'd carry for "throwing around". I love it and all, but it's probably also not something that I'd be carrying in 20 years.
And with Downtown.. I'm not a fan of it, so I don't really know! I love the Muse though..
ITA with everything you said!!! I like the other bags you chose, and I even own a Balenciaga city myself. Chanel really is the most classic though. If you don't mind a bag that won't fit a water bottle, definitely go for the Chanel! The re-sale value is the best of all four brands, and it's a true classic that won't be "out" by next fashion season.

Plus, once you go Chanel, you can never really go back to any other brand. Trust me, I know. :graucho: