Anyone here an SA at Coach?

Odette

<3 life
O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
I am applying for a seasonal position and work full-time (40+ hours) M-F - do you think it's an issue if I say I can only work Sundays and holidays? I just don't think I want to work 7 days a week, but I do need the extra cash for the holiday season. Thanks in advance!

There are several of us SA's on here :yes:

You have to work at least 20 hours a month to be considered part time.

I work full time M-F (50 hours) but I work part time at Coach. If you want to work there and can only work a little, you've pretty much gotta be available Saturdays. Sunday hours are limited at a lot of the boutiques, so it's hard to get 20 hours a month just working Sundays unless you work every Sunday, and I think managers want a little more diversity in schedules than that. You just need to ask the store manager, she'll be honest about what they need and whether your schedule will fit what they're looking for :yes:

There are several of us SA's on here :yes:

You have to work at least 20 hours a month to be considered part time.

I work full time M-F (50 hours) but I work part time at Coach. If you want to work there and can only work a little, you've pretty much gotta be available Saturdays. Sunday hours are limited at a lot of the boutiques, so it's hard to get 20 hours a month just working Sundays unless you work every Sunday, and I think managers want a little more diversity in schedules than that. You just need to ask the store manager, she'll be honest about what they need and whether your schedule will fit what they're looking for :yes:

Yeah I figured as much. I'm going to stop in there today during my lunch break and see what they are looking for. The boutique by me is open 11am to 6pm on Sundays so 4 Sundays a month would equal 26 hours (6.5 hours a day with lunch break in there). I'll probably just put down available on Saturdays and just mention that I'd prefer to only work one weekend day a week and/or 20 hours a month.

Thanks a bunch!

Yeah I figured as much. I'm going to stop in there today during my lunch break and see what they are looking for. The boutique by me is open 11am to 6pm on Sundays so 4 Sundays a month would equal 26 hours (6.5 hours a day with lunch break in there). I'll probably just put down available on Saturdays and just mention that I'd prefer to only work one weekend day a week and/or 20 hours a month.

Thanks a bunch!

Just my two cents, but being a seasonal employee only guarantees 0 hours and you will mainly get on call shifts and real shifts will be about 4-5 hours for you :smile:

I've been a SA for 3 years and I usually work one weeknight a week and 3 saturdays a month.

All but the managers of our store have "real" jobs so just know that they are used to being cool with schedules. GOOD LUCK!

Well I dropped off my application and met with the store manager, and I'm going to a group interview on Sunday at 10am. I have no idea what a group interview is, as I have only done one-on-one interviews. I guess I'll find out!

I was told to be in Coach dress code, the only black sweater I own is a V-neck 3/4 sleeve. Is that ok to wear over a white collared button down?

Well I dropped off my application and met with the store manager, and I'm going to a group interview on Sunday at 10am. I have no idea what a group interview is, as I have only done one-on-one interviews. I guess I'll find out!

I was told to be in Coach dress code, the only black sweater I own is a V-neck 3/4 sleeve. Is that ok to wear over a white collared button down?

Honestly, you cannot wear 3/4 sleeve sweaters to work. I don't know about the interview though, it'll show you have the concept of the dress code if you do it to the T but you'll notice half the people will still not even be in dresscode.

That should be fine. You know the other stuff right (only plain gray or black slacks, only plain white shirt with cuffs that go all the way down the sleeves). From my experience of the Sunday morning interview, it's actually more of an orientation. Wear comfy but dressy shoes!

This thread reminds me that I need to turn in my application for seasonal. Are they accepting of students? I have another job but only work 16 hours a week during school. Are they cool with only working one or two 4-5 hr shifts a week. I would really like to work Saturdays. I guedd that's all I really want.

Honestly, you cannot wear 3/4 sleeve sweaters to work. I don't know about the interview though, it'll show you have the concept of the dress code if you do it to the T but you'll notice half the people will still not even be in dresscode.

I'd listen to Sprinkles over me, her info is more current than mine. I wonder if different managers have different hangups? The 3/4 length sweaters were fine with mine but she was obsessive/compulsive about the shoes!

I actually went for a group interview and I wasn't told to be in Coach dress code.

Is it normal for Coach to not call if you didn't get the job? I had the group interview on July 29th, and the manager said that she was going to call that week about whether or not anyone was chosen for further interviewing and whatnot, and I never got a phone call :cry:

I'd listen to Sprinkles over me, her info is more current than mine. I wonder if different managers have different hangups? The 3/4 length sweaters were fine with mine but she was obsessive/compulsive about the shoes!

Yeah, all stores are totally different with weird things (ie. no more than one earring, nail polish color etc) although majority it by the book.