YSL Downtown, what size to choose?

Lyra

Jul 15, 2007
Hello dear bag experts!
I want to buy a Downtown bag, but I am in doubt what size to choose.
Could any of you give me the measurement of the three different sizes?
TIA!!! :tup:

I have a medium DT and love it.
I posted this in a previous thread...don't have measurements for the small

Medium:
11"W (around 19" at its widest) X 13 1/2"H X 9 1/2"D, 7" handle drop

Large:
11 1/2"W (18" at its widest) X 16"H X 7 1/2"D, I think a 6" handle drop

I have a medium DT and love it.
I posted this in a previous thread...don't have measurements for the small

Medium:
11"W (around 19" at its widest) X 13 1/2"H X 9 1/2"D, 7" handle drop

Large:
11 1/2"W (18" at its widest) X 16"H X 7 1/2"D, I think a 6" handle drop

Thank you very much! Strange that the Medium apparently is deaper than the large :confused1:

The Medium is the most popular one, right? :flowers:

IMO the small dwarfs everyone who wears it and makes them look a little childish. It's so not YSL, I don't know why it exists.

The medium is my favorite size; I lovelovelovelovelove it.

The Medium is the most popular one, right?

If I had to guess, I'd say that more TPFers probably have the medium while you'll see a lot of larges in the celebrity photos so your best bet is probably just to pick the size and shape that you think will work best for you.

The medium is designed to be boxier while the large is longer. I have, and prefer, the large but since you mention you're a small person maybe you'd feel more comfortable with the medium. They're both pretty large bags so if you're not drawn to the shape of the large then the medium could make more sense as it will surely accomodate whatever you want to carry and will save you a couple of bucks to boot.

You may also want to pick the style you like first, because in addition to size and shape, the style you select may also play a part in the decision as you may like the look of a specific leather/color in one size more than the other.

I have and love the medium. It really is huge enough for all purposes. Get large if you want a seriously oversized bag,or luggage.

There is actually a travel size downtown that is even bigger than the large; I think it's a little taller and a lot wider.

One of my friends tried it on when we were in YSL in NY, so I caught I glimpse, but I was busy myself with black, red, and violet patent medium downtown totes. So yeah, I was in heaven!

There is actually a travel size downtown that is even bigger than the large; I think it's a little taller and a lot wider.

One of my friends tried it on when we were in YSL in NY, so I caught I glimpse, but I was busy myself with black, red, and violet patent medium downtown totes. So yeah, I was in heaven!

:roflmfao:Purplekicks, you're hilarious! I would've been in heaven too had I also been amidst so much fabulousness...I think that's the one I mentioned previously, maybe in another post. YSL has a travel carry-on tote that looks like a blown up version of the medium size...and a matching trolley too. Simply to die for :drool:!