tall boot shaft stretcher

bijou

O.G.
Feb 21, 2006
any recommendations for a shaft stretcher? my oversized calves are causing me problems :tdown: my boots won't fit because i think my calves have grown :wtf:

my boots are leather and it has a cuff so i don't think a plastic stretcher will work (but if you have experience with stretching your boots with these please share!)

if i get them stretched at a shoe place will they stay stretched or do i need to go in later on?

any recommendations for a shaft stretcher? my oversized calves are causing me problems :tdown: my boots won't fit because i think my calves have grown :wtf:

my boots are leather and it has a cuff so i don't think a plastic stretcher will work (but if you have experience with stretching your boots with these please share!)

if i get them stretched at a shoe place will they stay stretched or do i need to go in later on?

I didn't know you could get boots stretched!
I always struggle with knee boots as they just don't fit over my calves, and I didn't even think my calves were that big!
Where do you get this done?

I'm interested in this also. I went to one shoe repair shop and they told me it can't be done...all he could do is add a strip of leather and redo the zipper. But I dread going that for on $1k+ boots. I know someone told me once that some shoe repair they went to has stretch out the shaft for them. So far I haven't found one who can. I some 2 pairs of Guccissima tall boots that need stretching.

Supposedly you can have a cobbler stretch them up to 2 inches. (I heard from the gals on MUA). It costs usually around $50. And once its done, I don't think you need to do it again. Though I wonder if they got very wet or something if the leather would shrink up?

I had one pair stretched out at the Aldo's that I bought them at. Otherwise I usually stretch them out by wearing them indoors and letting them stretch on me and pulling the zipper up bit by bit until they reach the top.

If your in NY go to Jimmys or Angelos to get them stretched, ive had all my Prada boots stretched and you just need to make sure the cobbler you go to knows what hes doing. If you go to Jimmys make sure you actually speak to Jimmy. Should take one or two days and i think i pay something like $20 for each pair.

If your in NY go to Jimmys or Angelos to get them stretched, ive had all my Prada boots stretched and you just need to make sure the cobbler you go to knows what hes doing. If you go to Jimmys make sure you actually speak to Jimmy. Should take one or two days and i think i pay something like $20 for each pair.

darnit! i'm in n.california. maybe he can do a chargesend?! haha

i bought a pair of coach boots at bloomingdales in atlanta and they stretched them for me.

my advice is to find the nicest shoe repair place in your area and have them do it.