Scarves Experts: HELP with identification

nafnaf

Jan 15, 2007
I attended the Pebble Beach Concourse last weekend and saw a vendor selling a beautiful Hermes scarf with images of classic cars.

The one she had on displayed had a green background, but she shown me pictures of gold as well as red colorway in the same design.

The vendor knew very little about what year the scarf was from and I wasn't able to find the signature of the designer since my husband and I were short on time.

Can anyone help?

Hi Tangle,
It's not Automobile, Petite Histoire or Elegance Confort Automobile. I'm attaching images of the above three I found from athscarves.com. The H scarf I saw at the show was totally different...

Attachments

• L _Elegance et le Confort en Automobile.jpg
    L _Elegance et le Confort en Automobile.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 50
  • normal_AUTOMOBILE Metz.JPG
    normal_AUTOMOBILE Metz.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 144
  • normal_PETITE HISTOIRE.jpg
    normal_PETITE HISTOIRE.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 49
Stunning!

attachment.php

Is it "bolide" by dumas?? 1967 and special issue in 2003
This scarf has no title or sig....

pics from
http://www.hsci.hermesscarf.com/index.php
and
www.preciouscolors.com

get_thumbs_on_fly.php

Brown%201.jpg

YES YES YESsssssssssssssss!!!! :yahoo:

This was the scarf I saw. I looked high and low for title or signature and wasn't able to find any, and now I know why.

CobaltBlu. Thank you so so much. Do you happen to know if "bolide" is hard to find? The show vendor wanted $900 for it.

I am so glad to help, nafnaf....

WOW!! 900 is pretty steep!!! I think you can do better in time, with patience. That is the fun of the hunt for a grai scarf, IMHO...

I do not now how hard it is to find, generally. In the past year have seen perhaps 4 on ebay and one on the French auction site artcurial.

If you are willing to wait, you may get a great deal...!