I love the Anna Corinna City Tote, but can't afford it...

tracy814

O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
Are there any other leather bags in a similar style that aren't so pricy? I love how it folds over with the longer strap, or can be carried by the short handles...

Thanks for any suggestions!

I saw a bag that looked just like it at TJMaxx this weekend - I think it was by Liz Claiborne - it may have even been leather. It was less than $100. Very soft in the same exact style. There was another similar style by Cole Haan - this one was from the Village Weave collection, but the leather was amazingly soft. I can't find a picture of the Liz C style, but this is the Cole Haan version:
http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/ca...=135216&categoryId=307601&productGroup=135217

B16950_A

Sarah Jessica Parker's Bitten line was going to release a copy for $10 but I think when people balked at the copycattiness they backed off:

I don't think it's fair to make such a stink about copying the look - it happens all the time at so many other lower end dept stores. Look how many look-a-like bags Target produces each season. A while back, they had one that looked just like a Balenciaga bag, and recently they copied the Prada tote, MJ's stam, and Chloe's Paddington. No one made a stink about those bags - so why make a stink about this one? Would such a big deal have been made if S&B produced the bag under their own name? Or was it because SJP was affiliated with it??

Well, considering SJP is famous for her role as a fashion fanatic on SATC I don't think it's right for a brand she's associated with to make an "inspired" bag. I know that tons of companies make inspired bags but it seems like an oxymoron for SJP to be part of that IMO.

Not sure how low of a price you would like but many of the sites that sell anna corinna (luna boston, revolveclothing.com, shopdollyrocker.com) have codes for discounts. Right now luna boston has luckybreaks3 for 25% off and revolve first time customers get 25% off. Check grechenscloset.com or toutie.com for codes!

I was back at TJMaxx tonite and they still had the bag I was referring to - It is by Liz Claiborne and it is made of leather. It's also lined with suede (well, not actual suede but it feels just like suede!) - The style of the bag is just like Anna Corinna's (with a shorter handle & a longer adjustable shoulder strap) - the main difference is that the shorter handles is a little bit longer than the AC version. The bag was selling at TJM for $99. (I'm sorry - I forgot to look at the style name!)

You can find plenty of k/o's around. I saw one at a local boutique that had me fooled until I felt the bag (pleather). Urban Outfitters also had one last year.

H&M currently has an inspired by the City Tote. It is metallic, but does not have the longer attached strap.