Piaget Watch or Hermes Lizard Birkin

Jul 31, 2007
I know someone has posted a similar question recently, but it's now my turn looking for something as my retirement present (using a portion of my retirement fund!) I am choosing between a piaget diamond watch or Hermes Lizard Birkin which I liked. I don't have a birkin yet, but have a chaumet watch in similar style. My DH is not delighted in seeing the watch, but ok on the Birkin. What is your preference here?

I need to make up my mind tonight as I will be getting either the watch or Hermes tomorrow, as I am afraid either will go tmr (economic is very very good in HK although the stock market turned bad, because the chinese mainlanders are super rich, and spent a lot of money without thinking. I saw the same Piaget watch in yellow gold sold this afternoon, glad that yellow gold is not my cup of tea. If they have to reorder new stock, they can only give 20% discount vs 25% discount.

Attachments

• piaget.jpg
    piaget.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 419
U-huh! Gosh, I should wear my jewelry more. Just hate going through all the boxes to find one piece.

I've gone the teeny tiny ziplock bag route.

Also I do w/ jewellery what I do with bags. Take out what I want to use/wear for a while and that's the stuff that's out of the safe for two weeks or whatever. I'm too lazy to rotate bag/watch/jewellery every single day.

I say get the Piaget watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PIAGET WATCH!!! PIAGET WATCH!!! PIAGET WATCH!!!!!!!!!!

You can look at it all the time, wear it everyday and the obvious reason is the DIAMONDS ofcourse!!!

I've gone the teeny tiny ziplock bag route.

Also I do w/ jewellery what I do with bags. Take out what I want to use/wear for a while and that's the stuff that's out of the safe for two weeks or whatever. I'm too lazy to rotate bag/watch/jewellery every single day.
Ugh, can't use ziploc bags with South Seas though. I need velvet lined pearl cases for those. I should do as you do and not rotate.

the birkin. watches don't really keep value well...piaguet is better than others in terms of keeping value but a birkin is much better at maintaining its value. Plus if I remember correctly...this watch is quite popular in HK. I remember seeing a lot of my aunties having one. ur better off with the more unquie lizard birkin since most birkins in HK are usually reg. calf or crocs. another plus is ur DH prefers the birkin.
I do have a question though is the birkin going to be from a H store or from Milan Station?