Brazilian Hair Straightening?

NYCBelle

oh so fabuleuse
O.G.
Oct 13, 2006
Has anyone tried this?

My hairdresser told me about it today since i didn't want to straightening my hair due to NYC in August...ugh the humidity!

Anyway she said its better than Japanese straightening and has Keratin which is better for your hair.

I just googled it and it lasts for 3 to 4 months and unlike Japanese straightening the process goes away evenly so you won't have curly/wavy roots and the rest is straight.

seems interesting and very tempting

I've never heard of this... sounds interesting. I have never straightened my hair (other than with a flat iron) but that sounds like it could work,

I am interested in this process, too! I actually heard about it on the Joan hamburg Show on WOR in NY. I color my hair, so I knew the Japanese Straightening was not for me, but this Brazilian Straightening looks promising :yahoo:

Do you know if it is truly wash and go? Can you let your hair air dry and it will still be pin straight and not frizzy?? If anyone has gotten it done on their hair, I'd love to see their photos posted here!!

Wow!! I have a love/hate relationship with my thick, wavy hair (check out my profile pic) and would love to try this. Anyone know if it's safe to use on highlighted hair?

wow this is interesting
i have been hesitant to try other types of permanent hair straightening as i have dyed my hair and stuff. Problem would be finding somewhere in australia does it (and doesnt charge outrageously)

Hello girls!
So I'm Brazilian and I have done this process on my hair several times..
we call someting Like "progressive brushing" has keratin on it, formaldeido (product that preserve corpses)
my hair is normally wavy,a little bit dry with frizz, tinted and long .. but now is so soft,shing and more straight.. You need to do it again every 3 or 4 months
is really good and you can have without formaldeido also..
There are some with tioglicolato de amonia, etc..
if you guys need more information, just ask, ok?

sorry for my english

MuniRou

Thanks for the info munirou!

did you experience any dryness, hair falling out or breaking, did your hair go back to normal like it use to be?

I heard about the process using formaldahyde also