Louis Vuitton Fall RAOK: Rules & Sign-up Information

twiggers

O.G.
May 7, 2006
It's that time.....here are rules and sign-up information. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louis Vuitton Fall RAOK
Start accepting apps: 8/14/07 – 9/13/2007
Notification of buddy: 9/15/07
Official Start of Fall RAOK: 10/1/2007 - 11/31/2007
Presents sent in October & November

Rules of RAOK

1. All applicants will be fully reviewed before acceptance.

2. There is no set minimum number of posts, but rather the administrator (me) will be looking for the following:
a. # of posts in Louis Vuitton forum to show you are an active Louis Vuitton participant
b. frequency of posting (do you disappear for weeks at a time, or are you posting regularly)
c. previous history participating in Louis Vuitton RAOKs (did you forget a gift, send them late, not post pictures, not respond to PMs, etc.)
d. content of posts (1000 congrats does not equal participation in RAOK)
e. MUST have posted a picture on tPF within previous month (so I can verify you do know how to post photos, etc.)

3. You are required to post photos of each and every gift received. If your buddy decorates outside of the box, please take photos of packaging. Descriptions of gifts will no longer suffice. Pictures should be posted within 72 hours of receipt.

4. Proof of mailing is required for gifts. This proof of mailing must be PMed to me by the 21st of each month if mailing within your country, or the 15th of each month if mailing out of your country. This can occur several ways:
a. in the USA you can send priority mail and purchase delivery confirmation for .65. You can also send regular mail and purchase delivery confirmation.
b. In Canada, you can mail parcels and get delivery confirmation for free (according to their website). For letters (i.e. if you were mailing only a gift card) you can send it registered mail and receive a tracking number. Cost is $7.95 including tracking.
c. If mailing to US or Canada from USA or Canada...the customs form number is considered proof.
d. If mailing in Europe to same country: Some form of tracking is required. I'm not 100% sure how it works overseas...and I didn't have time to check out each individual country. Possibly a receipt number.
e. If mailing to another country in Europe, customs form number/receipt number will suffice.
f. If sending someone something through the internet (i.e. gift certificates, magazine subscriptions), please forward the confirmation email to me (minus any CC info, etc.)

5. All gifts should incorporate a Louis Vuitton theme. This does NOT mean you have to buy something from Louis Vuitton, but instead decorate the box with magazine pictures, make a LV themed card, use ribbons from your past purchases or boxes or bags!

6. No vacationers. If you will be away from home for more than 1 week per month...don't sign up. Gifts have to be mailed and reveals posted in a timely manner as described above, and vacation plans may interfere.

7. If you are purchasing something from ebay for your buddy, please make sure personally that it is in a suitable condition to be sent out as a gift.

8. PRICE LIMIT (MAKE SURE YOU CLEARLY READ THIS!): At this time I am NOT instituting a price limit/price range nor am I dividing people into groups. However, I am providing a suggestion in terms of price. In past RAOKs the minimum sent per gift appeared to be approx. $30, with amounts ranging as high as $150. You are under no obligation to send a $150 gift, but you should keep the minimum in mind.

9. In reference to #8, the primary purpose of a Random Act of Kindness is to put thought and careful consideration into each gift you send. Often this means that the most thoughtful gift was also not the most expensive. Therefore thoughtfulness is appreciated more than just ordering something online for $200!! If I witness gifts that are not thoughtful AND not following suggestions in #8 I can (and will) remove that person from the RAOK! Therefore, if your life is just too busy…please don’t sign up!

9. Administrator can (and will) remove someone from the RAOK for not following above rules.

10. An ANGEL system will be in place for missing gifts/unresponsive buddy, etc.

How to sign up for this RAOK:

I am trying something a little new this time, and am using a website that will allow you to secretly communicate with your buddy and make wishlists, etc. I will still have a heavy hand in this with giving out addresses, tracking gifts, etc. This will really just save a little bit of time being the go-between in transmitting messages!

Please PM the following information to me:
First name (or initial)
Last name (or initial)
Email address

If you do not provide a valid email address, you will not receive invite.

Once I receive that information I will make my decision within 48 hours as to whether you will be able to participate. If you are, you will receive an official invitation via email. You will also receive a request via PM for mailing address, etc.

You will be able to choose where you want to send gifts, etc., but that will all follow in PMs!

Please take note of the above deadlines for signing up!

You can ask any questions here in the thread or PM me for more info!!

twiggies, thanks again for organizing RAOK! let me know if you need help!! a big volunteer here!!

btw, just wanted to see if you could correct a lil somethin:
5. All gifts should incorporate a Louis Vuitton theme. This does mean you have to buy something from Louis Vuitton, but instead decorate the box with magazine pictures, make a LV themed card, use ribbons from your past purchases or boxes or bags!

Oh and thanks for volunteering!!!! Once I get it all together....I may be able to forward you a spreadsheet (with emails, etc.) and give you Angel duty :smile: I'll PM you when I have my system completely organized for this RAOK!

okok..let me know! i can organize angels RAOK! :yahoo:

Oh and thanks for volunteering!!!! Once I get it all together....I may be able to forward you a spreadsheet (with emails, etc.) and give you Angel duty :smile: I'll PM you when I have my system completely organized for this RAOK!

Thanks to the mod who changed it! Rule #5 is now correct :smile:

I will probably be in touch about the Angel thing toward the end of the signup period when I have the spreadsheet completed!