Has Anyone Seen a Yellow Sapphire?

Leelee

Up On My Toes!
Jun 6, 2006
I have it in my mind that I need a yellow sapphire pendant (with diamonds too!), but I've never actually seen one IRL, only on-line. I'd like it to be a delicate shade of yellow. Is that realistic? Does anyone have one? Is there much variation in color from one gemstone to the next?

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']I saw a gorgeous yellow/apricot coloured sapphire for sale at a Sotheby's auction. It was set in a ring with diamonds all around it. The colour was really beautiful. I'm not sure how to paste photos, but I'll see if this works.[/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/FONT]

[I saw a gorgeous yellow/apricot coloured sapphire for sale at a Sotheby's auction. It was set in a ring with diamonds all around it. The colour was really beautiful. I'm not sure how to paste photos, but I'll see if this works.]

Okay, that didn't work. Does anyone know how to paste a picture? I have it in a word doc.

OMG yellow sapphire? I only thought that there were blue and pink.. goodness I need to study up on my jewel knowledge :noggin:

That picture above is GORGEOUS!!!!!

I have dangling earrings with pink and yellow sapphire, a green sapphire ring, and a yellow sapphire ring sorrounded with tiny diamonds. Yellow sapphire is so pretty and matches any outfit. I plan to get a chunky ring too. I love colored stones and have a few in my collection. :tup:

My mother-in-law gave me her 8 carat yellow sapphire ring last christmas. She got it when she lived in India when it was still ceylon -- long, long ago. The setting is really simple, just the stone with antique gold. Despite its size, it is very modest looking.

My mother-in-law gave me her 8 carat yellow sapphire ring last christmas. She got it when she lived in India when it was still ceylon -- long, long ago. The setting is really simple, just the stone with antique gold. Despite its size, it is very modest looking.
Do you have a picture? I'd love to see it. If you don't, please don't worry....I don't know how to post them myself, so I always feel badly asking someone else to do so.

It sounds absolutely beautiful!