Animal Print Bayswater Bag

What do you think of this bag?

• Love it. I’d buy it and wear it often.

• Enjoy looking at the pic, but would never buy it for myself.

• Hate it. What was Mulberry thinking?

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 23, 2006
Many handbag lovers at some point in their life consider buying an animal print bag. But I think most of us reconsider--or chicken out, lol. What do you think about this Mulberry Bayswater animal print bag? Would you wear it?

(Pic from Nordstrom. It's made of calf hair.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mulberry Bayswater Animal print bag.JPG
    Mulberry Bayswater Animal print bag.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 5,237
For an animal print bag, its sort of "tame" actually. :P The Bayswater style is simple and the pattern itself is kind of subdued; not too outrageous compared to some over-the-top animal prints I've seen.

I'm in the minority, but I really like it! I have a tooled Bayswater and it's a great bag.

However, would I buy it? Don't think so...calf hair is too fragile and for that price it would have to be a bag I put in heavy everyday rotation!

Here are some other leopard-print bags currently on the market...

KATE BECKINSALE WEARING YSL
attachment.php

PRADA
attachment.php

VALENTINO
attachment.php

JIMMY CHOO
attachment.php

DOLCE & GABBANA
attachment.php

Attachments

• kate beckinsale YSL downtown.jpg
    kate beckinsale YSL downtown.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,958
  • Prada.jpg
    Prada.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,616
  • Valentino.jpg
    Valentino.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,526
  • Jimmy Choo.jpg
    Jimmy Choo.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,524
  • Dolce & Gabbana.jpg
    Dolce & Gabbana.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,496
I kind of like the combination of the clean and classic bayswater with the leopard pattern - I find it an impossible combo, but fun. Would never wear it myself, but it might be right for someone else. I can picture this bag together with a super sleek black suit, it would be too much with jeans or black leather, imo.

I think if you have money to burn go for it, otherwise I feel that this animal print has a very limited trend life.

I consider the Bayswater a classic so it's kind of an oxymoron to say "timeless trend" or "classical trend" LOL

Love it. Wouldn't buy it, own it or been seen out with it BUT it's a great bag for those who it would suit. Ladies who lunch? Fashionista's? Trendy city dwellers? I think it takes Mulberry to a completely new customer, as does this season's purple patent leather. Not for all but that said, Mulberry Darwin might be a bit too tame for the leopard lovers!

Mulberry is really having more trendy looks this season. More colors, new materials etc. I'm big fan of basic oak darwin, but I can understand why they are doing this.

So, ok bag and would look great with right outfit. But not really my piece of cake :yes: