Big curls?

Cheryl

Obsessed
O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
Ok, I have been wanting to do this to my hair for awhile but im not even sure you can.. i want this (not color) but curl... I have naturally wavy hair so i can straighten it and it will stay straight or i can scrunch it and it gets (kinda curly) but i want it straight on top and big loopy curls on the bottom just like this picture. How do i do this every day without alot of time? My hair is all 1 color and very healthy so could i have bottom purmed like this?? I would love that, but would that work? Any advise??

hair-curls.jpg

You can use a curling iron with a bigger barrel (1.75 inch?) and wrap the curls loosely around the barrel and concentrate on the ends of your hair. If you hair is naturally wavy it shouldn't take too long and the curls should hold with any kind of hairspray. Another thing you can use is hot rollers. They make big, loose curls that are really pretty. You can also curl them halfway and leave the top part straight.

I love the look but that seems like it would take all morning to do and i dont have but an hour to get ready everyday. Can you have your hair permed this way? I don't mind if its perminant

i did this on my own with my GHD flat iron and it's fairly similar to the photo that you posted.
843158834_77333f5144_o.jpg

compared to when the stylist did it
824988612_8f8246ee95_o.jpg
my hair is usually straight:
1096308342_2d15b1d14f_m.jpg

the GHD iron is a fantastic investment :smile:
824988722_cfde44ef89_m.jpg

Ichelle is right. I make these exact curls with my GHD. I have waxy/curly hair too. I blow dry, make it super straight with the GHD, then curl with the GHD. Perfect.

Take a lock of hair on the left side of your head. Clamp down the GHD HORIZONTALLY on the lock of hair (not vertically like in the video) and then quickly rotate it 180 degrees counterclockwise. Then quickly and lightly wrap the remaining lock of hair around the outside of the barrel in the same direction you rotated the GHD (counterclockwise). Now pull straight down slowly, rotating the GHD slightly ccw as you get to the end. Obviously, rotate clockwise for locks on the right side of your head...

Take a lock of hair on the left side of your head. Clamp down the GHD HORIZONTALLY on the lock of hair (not vertically like in the video) and then quickly rotate it 180 degrees counterclockwise. Then quickly and lightly wrap the remaining lock of hair around the outside of the barrel in the same direction you rotated the GHD (counterclockwise). Now pull straight down slowly, rotating the GHD slightly ccw as you get to the end. Obviously, rotate clockwise for locks on the right side of your head...

:tup: Works every time!

i dont understand how you did it still... I have tried this with a large barrell curling iron but i cant get the back right and it just looks like a mess :confused1: