Has anyone used Paulas Choice skincare?

for those who might not know, Paula Begoun is affectionately known as the "Ralph Nader of Rouge." Her website is http://cosmeticscop.com/.

She has done extensive extensive reviews of cosmetics and her passion is to get real with the often overhyped claims most cosmetics promise.

I've never used her skin care line but I would bet it's top notch...but like everything it depends on your skin chemistry.

from her website: "Paula Begoun is the creator and innovative force behind Paula's Choice skin care and cosmetics. With more than 25 years of extensive experience in the beauty industry, combined with in-depth research and study of skin and cosmetic ingredients, Paula has the knowledge and expertise to develop truly extraordinary, state-of-the-art formulations for her own line. Paula guarantees that her products meet her exact criteria for excellent skin care, and she won't make any exaggerated claims about them. Her goal is to help women obtain and maintain the skin they've always dreamed of having."

Before websites became so prolific, she published several versions of the books "Don't go to the cosmetics counter without me" and "Blue Eyeshadow should be illegal."

Anyway, sorry about the tangent but I'm a huge fan!! :yahoo:

Any opinions greatly received! My main issues are oiliness, black and whiteheads and breakouts. Has anyone tried this range with good results?
TIA
Rachael
I have (actually had) the same EXACT problem!! I searched and searched for products to help with this nasty problem. I even tried RetinAMicro.
A few months ago, I read a review for Paula's Choice 2% beta hydroxy acid lotion. Actually I googled "how to get rid of blackheads" and it lead me to the acne.org website. Anyhow, people on that board with blackheads swore by it. So I ordered. It's been 3 months and I have noticed a huge difference. My blackheads are practically non-existent. It did take a good 6 weeks to see results, so you have to be patient. You may even experience some purging in the beginning. I did, but it wasn't bad at all. It made all the nasty blackheads come to the surface & easier to extract.

I use it only at night & I only put it on the areas where I am prone to black/white heads. Lately I've been putting Clearasil Daily acne control over the Paula's Choice, but only on my nose because that's the greasiest & most problematic area for me. My pores have shrunk considerably. I haven't had to extract anything from my nose area in about 4 weeks.

My chin is coming along surely but slowly. One thing is for sure, I think the stuff works and I feel less self conscious about my skin. I am 30 years old and my skin started to act up around the time I was 27.

Sorry to babble. Let me know if you have any other questions. I even have before & after pictures.

I love her skincare line & in fact it's all I use unless I am & out & have not reordered. I usually wait until she has cheap shipping to place my order. A lot of people who complain about her products complain about lack of fragrance-Which is something Paula preaches about-There is no need for fragrance in skin care & the packaging- It is bland but who cares about the package what's important is the effectiveness of the product. If you are interested in trying her line I would recommend getting the Skin Balancing Anti-Blemish Set. There is a good return policy if you are not happy with the products. For dry patches I get occasionally on my face the Skin Balancing Mositure Gel is AMAZING & I LOVE IT. I also love her make-up I use the Best Face Forward Foundation spf 15 & Healthy Finish Pressed Powder SPF 15. I have been unhappy with only a handful of products I have tried:

The Sugar Scrub- A great product if you have super dry skin. Too emollient for my skin.
Exfoliating Treatment-Probably the product I dislike the most. Seems like a good idea but it's very messy. Have better luck with a dry toothbrush.
Silk Mist Moist. Body Spray. Feels soooo good on but the vanilla is too strong for me & overpowers my perfume.

I love her skincare line & in fact it's all I use unless I am & out & have not reordered. I usually wait until she has cheap shipping to place my order. A lot of people who complain about her products complain about lack of fragrance-Which is something Paula preaches about-There is no need for fragrance in skin care & the packaging- It is bland but who cares about the package what's important is the effectiveness of the product. If you are interested in trying her line I would recommend getting the Skin Balancing Anti-Blemish Set. There is a good return policy if you are not happy with the products. For dry patches I get occasionally on my face the Skin Balancing Mositure Gel is AMAZING & I LOVE IT. I also love her make-up I use the Best Face Forward Foundation spf 15 & Healthy Finish Pressed Powder SPF 15. I have been unhappy with only a handful of products I have tried:

The Sugar Scrub- A great product if you have super dry skin. Too emollient for my skin.
Exfoliating Treatment-Probably the product I dislike the most. Seems like a good idea but it's very messy. Have better luck with a dry toothbrush.
Silk Mist Moist. Body Spray. Feels soooo good on but the vanilla is too strong for me & overpowers my perfume.

Glad you love it too! Yep that is quintessential (sp?) Paula alright! :wlae:

I have (actually had) the same EXACT problem!! I searched and searched for products to help with this nasty problem. I even tried RetinAMicro.
A few months ago, I read a review for Paula's Choice 2% beta hydroxy acid lotion. Actually I googled "how to get rid of blackheads" and it lead me to the acne.org website. Anyhow, people on that board with blackheads swore by it. So I ordered. It's been 3 months and I have noticed a huge difference. My blackheads are practically non-existent. It did take a good 6 weeks to see results, so you have to be patient. You may even experience some purging in the beginning. I did, but it wasn't bad at all. It made all the nasty blackheads come to the surface & easier to extract.

I use it only at night & I only put it on the areas where I am prone to black/white heads. Lately I've been putting Clearasil Daily acne control over the Paula's Choice, but only on my nose because that's the greasiest & most problematic area for me. My pores have shrunk considerably. I haven't had to extract anything from my nose area in about 4 weeks.

My chin is coming along surely but slowly. One thing is for sure, I think the stuff works and I feel less self conscious about my skin. I am 30 years old and my skin started to act up around the time I was 27.

Sorry to babble. Let me know if you have any other questions. I even have before & after pictures.

Thanks for that, photos would be great if you are willing to share?!
I am 27 years old and have struggled with my skin since I was about 13. We sound as if we have the same issues. I could go on and on about all the products, treatments and medications I've tried. Some worked for a while and some didn't work at all, but nothing has made a great difference. I live in the UK and have actually just ordered 10 samples from Paulas EU website. I'll try those out and if I decide to go for it I think the kits are the best value.
Anyway, thanks for all your opinions, keep em coming!
Rachael.

I have her book don't go to the cosmetics counter without me and ended up mailing it to my best friend who wanted info on what moisturizer to buy. She also has an online newsletter that gives new product reviews and editorials on the beauty industry. Interestingly, i've never tried her products, but your revies are making me want to reconsider!

Yes. The beta hydroxy lotion (I believe it was 2%) is what I call miracle in a bottle. My pores clog very easily, and this lotion keeps them clear and my skin very smooth. The cleansers and moisturizers from her line that I tried were ok, but nothing beats this beta hydroxy stuff. There is nothing like it in any other line that I have found.

:bump:

This is what I use:
Moisture Boost One Step Facial Cleanser
Eye Make-up remover
1% BHA Lotion
Regular Strength Acne Fighting lotion
Moisture Boost Hydrating Cream
Sunscreen

Used this line since 2003 and I love it! No nonsense products that work and her prices are :tup:

I ordered today from them and look forward to trying her products. She seems to really know what she's doing, so I hope they work out for me.

Mimika - I think online is how to buy, I didn't see an online store for her.