Question about fake bags and one on eBay.

dmf120

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
There's a Valextra bag up for auction on eBay and it looks authentic. The seller has a photo of the bag with a price tag attached for $2,850.00! The starting bid is $499.00. I want to be suspicious, because, why would someone pay that much for a bag, never use it, and then offer it for such a low price?

But I feel it must be legitimate because, as far as I know, these companies that make fake knockoffs usually copy only the real famous names, like Gucci or LV. I don't know a lot of people who know the name Valextra.

Any advice from the experts here would be appreciated. Thanks!

Do you have a link to the auction? Don't always assume that just because something is less well known or popular, that there aren't any knockoffs. That is a dangerous assumption that scammers take advantage of...

Do you have a link to the auction? Don't always assume that just because something is less well known or popular, that there aren't any knockoffs. That is a dangerous assumption that scammers take advantage of...
Oh! Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Here's the link if you want to check it out. Thanks again!
http://cgi.ebay.com/VALEXTRA-LEATHER-BAG-PURSE-FOREST-GREEN-BULLET-NR-NEW_W0QQitemZ320145020425QQihZ011QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this sale looks very legit! especially with the bergdorf tag....i would think that it is real and the seller is hoping for more than 499.....also might be people who don't need the money and just want to get rid of it..
looks great though!

Thanks for checking it out. It's gorgeous, isn't it? I can't believe there's only one bidder and she might get a $3,000 bag like that for only $499!

I want to bid on it, but I really shouldn't spend the money right now. Altho, I'd never be able to afford one of those bags any other way. Eeek!

With all the sales this seller has done, I don't think you should be worried. Sells Hermes, Tory Burch, and Prada. Sold a white valextra bag this month too. Could be they just have to sell items off. Got them as part of an estate or something.

Bergdorf tag looks authentic and does not seem like it has been tampered with.

Great deal!

don't forget some sellers start their bidding off low just to get you hooked and sit there and panic all week until it hits a reasonable amount ! A lot more watchers normally appear if you do that and by the end of week you might not be able to resist.....

Wow, thanks for posting this. I hadn't been aware of this brand before now. Looks like a beautiful bag! If you decide to go for it, I'd wait until the last minute if you can, and then bid the MAXIMUM you're willing to pay. Don't get caught up in the last minute bidding; I've lost my socks doing that - but sometimes, ya gotta do what you gotta do. I'd bid on this beauty if I wasn't bankrupt from all my Hayden-Harnett purchases!

Wow, thanks for posting this. I hadn't been aware of this brand before now. Looks like a beautiful bag! If you decide to go for it, I'd wait until the last minute if you can, and then bid the MAXIMUM you're willing to pay. Don't get caught up in the last minute bidding; I've lost my socks doing that - but sometimes, ya gotta do what you gotta do. I'd bid on this beauty if I wasn't bankrupt from all my Hayden-Harnett purchases!

I never heard the name, either until a couple of months ago. Their bags are like works of art. Thanks for the advice. I might have to let it go, tho. I can't have every bag I want, I guess. :sad:
I never heard of Hayden-Harnett. I checked them out on your blog. They're beautiful!