VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

@911snowball

The bracelets are medium— size 16. I take a 17 in the LOVE for reference. They are bangles, but very comfortable. The movement comes from the spines.

ETA, the rings are Graff (diamond band) and Bayco (pink sapphire).
I thought the pink sapphire ring was Bayco but didn’t want to say. I’m a big fan of Bayco. They have fabulous stones!

As I said, love your taste!

etoupebirkin, thank you so much for your answers to my questions. So helpful. I was in the C boutique not too long ago after a long
time away buying a simple necklace. I was wearing my Clover and other VCA pieces and tried the clash, assuming the small would be right for me as I am petite.
The lovely SA said she really thought the medium would be better for me asked me to try it on and reconsider. She actually asked me not to buy the small that day, take some pictures of both and sleep on it. I am so glad she did as your pictures sealed the deal for me on the medium! Thank you again.

Can I have opinions on VCA RG worn with Cartier RG? I just popped into Maison Birks and was finally able to appreciate some Perlée and Frivole pieces in person. The RG is very pink! I love it but how does it look next to Cartier RG? Unfortunately they had no RG bracelets in stock to try on with my Love. (I’m not certain which forum to post in as this is sort of crossing both brands)

Reactions: sparklehop and hhw
@jenayb Did your coral come in yet? Thinking of you because I promised to post a photo of my earrings when they came back from the workshop from having the posts added. In a very unsurprising development (if you know me), I remembered in the interim that the earrings I purchased were actually pink Opal (I was thinking they were light pink coral for a minute for some reason), but I love them and wanted to post the promised photo now that they are back, as promised.

View attachment 5789039
Fabulous! Congrats for these beauties!

Reactions: nicole0612
Can I have opinions on VCA RG worn with Cartier RG? I just popped into Maison Birks and was finally able to appreciate some Perlée and Frivole pieces in person. The RG is very pink! I love it but how does it look next to Cartier RG? Unfortunately they had no RG bracelets in stock to try on with my Love. (I’m not certain which forum to post in as this is sort of crossing both brands)
VCA RG is more pink than Cartier RG, especially since Cartier RG fades to a more YG.
The Cartier are all RG, you can see the VCA Perlee Clover in YG vs RG.

IMG_0504.jpeg

IMG_2626.jpeg

For what it's worth, in places where there is no room safe...
I put my Maria jewelry box that has the pieces I am not wearing inside my luggage. I then zip up the luggage and put the lock on.
Luggage looks normal, like no big deal. Your luggage then becomes the "safe".

Housekeeping is not going to walk away with a big suitcase, and I doubt they would dare to proactively be so aggressive as to clip the lock.

I travel a lot and have done this for years. Works like a charm.

Related to jewelry loss...
For me, I am not so much concerned about jewelry theft (low odds in reailty).
I am more concerned about damaging my jewelry when wearing it (much higher odds).
This includes banging a ring hard against a concrete wall or dropping a watch on the marble floor of the hotel room bathroom... true examples. I have also accidentally thrown away diamond earrings wrapped in tissue (this was my pre-Maria cube era).

For this reason, I am a big time believer in insuring my higher end pieces of jewelry.
Insurance gives me 100% piece of mind, and I wear all my pieces anywhere, anytime I want. Insurance premiums do add up, but it's worth it to me. I never worry when I wear my pieces.

Just a thought I want to share. There is much higher odds of damaging your jewelry than theft.
Apologies for my late reply here. Thank you again for your thoughtful advice and recommendations, so helpful!

Wait a minute you slide this Perlee in on us. I love this stack. I definitely need this Cartier bracelet
I wish both the YG and RG Perlee clover were mine! These are just photos from when I was deciding on the gold color. I ended up going with the YG, since it matches my other bracelets better. Yes, you absolutely need to order this Cartier bracelet!!

I placed an order through my SA for a 10 motif yesterday. The necklace is coming from Paris as it is unavailable in US currently. He texted me a photo of
the request he made to Paris and said it should be here in about 2 months. If the item is already in stock, doesn’t that mean it just needs to be shipped to the US? Does anyone know if it really takes that long to request and be sent a piece from Paris to US? Will ask for clarification from my SA when he is at work next week but wanted to ask here also.

I placed an order through my SA for a 10 motif yesterday. The necklace is coming from Paris as it is unavailable in US currently. He texted me a photo of
the request he made to Paris and said it should be here in about 2 months. If the item is already in stock, doesn’t that mean it just needs to be shipped to the US? Does anyone know if it really takes that long to request and be sent a piece from Paris to US? Will ask for clarification from my SA when he is at work next week but wanted to ask here also.
I wonder if really meant he "ordered it, and it is being made and coming from Paris."
A wait of two months sounds like it was an order, not that the necklace is actually available in Paris.

I have had to order pieces, and they have taken about 8 weeks which is around 2 months.
You may want to check with him, but I think he actually "ordered" it for you, not "shipping" something from Paris to you.
Just a guess here.