VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

Hello! I’m new to VCA bracelet world and need an advice picking my very first Vintage Alhambra5 motifs! I have my Estelle Wedding Band and looking for something that goes well with this. All of my other jewelry collections are in YG(Cartier Love and JUC) so thinking should I get the MOP in YG? But then is it too “common(aka classic)” and should get Chalcedony in WG? I do want this to be almost daily use. Please help!

View attachment 5789731

View attachment 5789732
Hi, and welcome to VCA!
My thoughts are to get the metal that matches your jewelry collection and not your wedding ring. Why?

Engagement rings and wedding bands to me are exempt from having to match metals. This is because these pieces are almost always sentimental, and everyone wear the same wedding band everyday, regardless of what other metal jewelry they wear.

Matching the metal on the bracelet to your other jewelry is far more important than matching it to your wedding band.

I am a huge fan of WG, so normally I vote WG (or platinum) to everything.
However, in your case, I vote to get the YG MOP. Since you have mostly YG in your jewelry collection, a YG Alhambra bracelet wil work with your jewelry collection and not look out of place.

While the WG Chalcedony is gorgeous and matches with your WG Estelle, the "match" needs to be with your other jewelry pieces such as your Cartier YG pieces. The WG Chalcedony is a very cool bracelet, and I don't think it looks good at all with the Love or JUC.

For me, even though I am a WG lover and have a WG MOP Alhambra set, I think the most beautiful stone/metal combination is YG MOP. The MOP absolutely glows and has so much beauty.

Yes, it's a classic, but that is why it is a classic... a lasting piece.
The Love is a classic as well.

No doubt in my mind, I vote the YG MOP bracelet to go with your other YG jewelry.

Hope this helps. Good luck in your decision!

Gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing your photos again! I am leaning towards the Chalcedony, even if I end up getting the MOP later, for now I’m more attracted to the translucent stone
That’s what so great about the VCA journey! All the pieces to dream about and collect. And in the meantime we can enjoy all the eye candy everyone posts here! ❤️

What a gorgeous photo! The Clash bangles look amazing together; they are so integrated.
I also love the Clover and Signature together as well.

Love your jewelry pieces, including your rings! You have the best!
Coming from you, that’s a huge compliment.

Here’s some of my rationale regarding the Clash:
  • It’s everyday, and edgy.
  • The two have presence beyond each singularly. The whole is more than the parts.
  • The texture and movement are remarkable.
  • It’s built like a Mack truck, but you can get it on and off easily. The clasp and safety are sturdy.
When I was at Cartier today, there was a couple there. Obviously, the husband bought the wife a Love bracelet. She was absolutely the wrong person for a Love because she could not stand scratches on the bracelet and she wanted to take the bracelet on and off every day to sower, go to bed, et al. She was not happy that the bracelet couldn’t be polished continuously. Nor that she could not put it on or take it off by herself.

I kept my mouth shut.

Hi, and welcome to VCA!
My thoughts are to get the metal that matches your jewelry collection and not your wedding ring. Why?

Engagement rings and wedding bands to me are exempt from having to match metals. This is because these pieces are almost always sentimental, and everyone wear the same wedding band everyday, regardless of what other metal jewelry they wear.

Matching the metal on the bracelet to your other jewelry is far more important than matching it to your wedding band.

I am a huge fan of WG, so normally I vote WG (or platinum) to everything.
However, in your case, I vote to get the YG MOP. Since you have mostly YG in your jewelry collection, a YG Alhambra bracelet wil work with your jewelry collection and not look out of place.

While the WG Chalcedony is gorgeous and matches with your WG Estelle, the "match" needs to be with your other jewelry pieces such as your Cartier YG pieces. The WG Chalcedony is a very cool bracelet, and I don't think it looks good at all with the Love or JUC.

For me, even though I am a WG lover and have a WG MOP Alhambra set, I think the most beautiful stone/metal combination is YG MOP. The MOP absolutely glows and has so much beauty.

Yes, it's a classic, but that is why it is a classic... a lasting piece.
The Love is a classic as well.

No doubt in my mind, I vote the YG MOP bracelet to go with your other YG jewelry.

Hope this helps. Good luck in your decision!
Oh my. I have to say, you got me sold on this MOP. I would hate to not being able to wear my YG Cartier bracelets because it doesn’t match with the VCA, and vice versa. Thank you so much for your advice, really appreciate it❤️

@jenayb Did your coral come in yet? Thinking of you because I promised to post a photo of my earrings when they came back from the workshop from having the posts added. In a very unsurprising development (if you know me), I remembered in the interim that the earrings I purchased were actually pink Opal (I was thinking they were light pink coral for a minute for some reason), but I love them and wanted to post the promised photo now that they are back, as promised.

View attachment 5789039
These are gorgeous on you.

• Love
Reactions: nicole0612
Pink opal!! Wow, even better! These are stunning on you - but then again, what isn't?? You wear everything so well. :girlsigh:

You have to absolutely LOVE those though - they are so gorgeous against your dark hair.

I did pick up the Coral thanks to yours and other lovelies' opinions here - thank goodness for this group! I just have been a tad busy and not posting nor reading as much as I'd like to... but here are a couple pics I snapped just now!

View attachment 5789050

View attachment 5789051
Such an amazing piece. It’s the perfect pop of color.

• Love
Reactions: nicole0612
Coming from you, that’s a huge compliment.

Here’s some of my rationale regarding the Clash:
  • It’s everyday, and edgy.
  • The two have presence beyond each singularly. The whole is more than the parts.
  • The texture and movement are remarkable.
  • It’s built like a Mack truck, but you can get it on and off easily. The clasp and safety are sturdy.
When I was at Cartier today, there was a couple there. Obviously, the husband bought the wife a Love bracelet. She was absolutely the wrong person for a Love because she could not stand scratches on the bracelet and she wanted to take the bracelet on and off every day to sower, go to bed, et al. She was not happy that the bracelet couldn’t be polished continuously. Nor that she could not put it on or take it off by herself.

I kept my mouth shut.
Oh no I hope she won't feel like she made a mistake.
Tbh I can't wear the love either for all those reasons.

Oh no I hope she won't feel like she made a mistake.
Tbh I can't wear the love either for all those reasons.
They were five feet away from me talking to an SA, my SA was was getting me water, so I was chilling at her desk. I could not help but overhear these people’s conversation. They moved over to another part of the store, so I did not hear how the situation was resolved. But the bracelet was worn, so I cannot see a happy ending other than rehoming the bracelet and buying something else.

etoupebirkin, your picture of the clashes together sold me. I had been debating between the small and the medium size . I very much like the proportions on your wrist. I am thinking they are the medium? If so, flexible or the regular? I think the wg and rg together are just amazing. You have convinced me to get both. I am mostly a VCA wearer but the mix of the brands is fantastic and I will get much use from them. Thank you so much for your stunning pictures. However, I admit I had a hard time trying to peel my eyes away from the rings as well!