Delivery attempts?

cs4891

Feb 5, 2016
the last time I ordered was 7 years ago and I was home for my delivery. Well, I ordered a new wallet and pochette Métis today and won’t be home tomorrow when they are to be delivered by UPS. I also don’t really know any neighbors to have all of my UPS packages delivered to for the day if I were to redirect my packages there. Once UPS leaves a delivery attempt notice am I able to sign that as a release for the next day delivery? With it being a holiday weekend any ideas when a package would be reattempted?

the last time I ordered was 7 years ago and I was home for my delivery. Well, I ordered a new wallet and pochette Métis today and won’t be home tomorrow when they are to be delivered by UPS. I also don’t really know any neighbors to have all of my UPS packages delivered to for the day if I were to redirect my packages there. Once UPS leaves a delivery attempt notice am I able to sign that as a release for the next day delivery? With it being a holiday weekend any ideas when a package would be reattempted?
As I understand it, you cannot re-direct your package to a neighbor’s house and you can’t authorize UPS to keep it at a UPS store for later pick up. I had the same problem not too long ago and did some investigation. Your best bet, if the policy is still the same is to call LV customer service and see if they can help you.

Reactions: cs4891
I also had this problem. Ups is not allowed to change addresses or leave with someone else unless lv calls them directly. I was so frustrated as I was at work and I had mailed it to my work but the driver said no one was there (there is always someone at my work during delivery hours). I was able to pick mine up at Ups later that day but had to show my ID due to the restrictions that lv puts on their packages.

As I understand it, you cannot re-direct your package to a neighbor’s house and you can’t authorize UPS to keep it at a UPS store for later pick up. I had the same problem not too long ago and did some investigation. Your best bet, if the policy is still the same is to call LV customer service and see if they can help you.
I just called LV and they said that possibly after the first attempt tomorrow if I call them they can redirect it to my work to be delivered Friday. Or have three failed attempts and then they can adjust the address once it is back to them and have it attempted at my work. I asked a friend who works for UPS here and was told that I could try leaving a note for our driver tomorrow to hold them at will call and I could try to pick them up after work between 7 and 9. At this point I’m not sure what my best bet would be. With the holiday weekend I’m not sure if attempt 3 would be on Saturday or Tuesday.

I also had this problem. Ups is not allowed to change addresses or leave with someone else unless lv calls them directly. I was so frustrated as I was at work and I had mailed it to my work but the driver said no one was there (there is always someone at my work during delivery hours). I was able to pick mine up at Ups later that day but had to show my ID due to the restrictions that lv puts on their packages.
It’s so frustrating, it didn’t even dawn on me to have it delivered to my work so that someone would be there (we are open 8am-9pm so someone would be there at any time and we are a UPS access point too). I’m only home on tuesdays at the time a delivery would be attempted so trying to time when to order for that delivery window is tricky

It’s so frustrating, it didn’t even dawn on me to have it delivered to my work so that someone would be there (we are open 8am-9pm so someone would be there at any time and we are a UPS access point too). I’m only home on tuesdays at the time a delivery would be attempted so trying to time when to order for that delivery window is tricky
From personal experience (not sure which country you are in), but my UPS doesn’t usually deliver on weekends and holidays. I have missed three consecutive deliveries from LV before and they ended up returning the package back to LV. It was re sent to me with another tracking code. Annoying I know but at least I know LV is being super careful and not safe dropping somewhere without a signature. I tried redirecting to neighbour but LV wouldn’t allow that option. What would normally take three days to get to me from time of ordering took a full ten days including the turn around time. Just wanted to share with you my experience. Good luck.

Just make sure to have the office of your work call you when a delivery is made so you can sign for it. I knew when it was supposed to be coming by following tracking info and also because it was during December when they had free overnight shipping on everything.

Update….I talked to my driver through my ring and he went next door and got my neighbor to sign and left them for me. He was going to try on his way through town again later around 5 if my husband was home

Just make sure to have the office of your work call you when a delivery is made so you can sign for it. I knew when it was supposed to be coming by following tracking info and also because it was during December when they had free overnight shipping on everything.
Our UPS driver at work comes back to my department (the pharmacy) twice a day usually