Need a new bag for law school

hopcake

May 18, 2019
So, I just got accepted into the top 1 law school in my country and I was thinking if I should purchase a new bag for when school starts. I was thinking of purchasing either the LV OTG in MM size which is really tempting for me. Though I also am thinking of getting maybe an LV Keepall (maybe it could work if I use a bag organizer?) or maybe the Goyard St. Louis. For university, I've used my trusty Dior backpack but it's getting a bit worn out so I think I would like something new in a different style.

Reactions: Jktgal
So, I just got accepted into the top 1 law school in my country and I was thinking if I should purchase a new bag for when school starts. I was thinking of purchasing either the LV OTG in MM size which is really tempting for me. Though I also am thinking of getting maybe an LV Keepall (maybe it could work if I use a bag organizer?) or maybe the Goyard St. Louis. For university, I've used my trusty Dior backpack but it's getting a bit worn out so I think I would like something new in a different style.
I have no opinion other than definitely get a new bag , just wanted to say Congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: hopcake
Congrats!!! My vote would be the OTG MM. I would be worried the Goyard wouldn’t hold up to heavy use over time. The shape of the keepall could make it challenging to use for that purpose.

• Love
Congrats! From what I've researched, the St Louis isn't meant carry heavy items. It was designed as a beach bag. If you really want a Goyard, consider the Artois. The bottom and corners are reinforced and it also has a zipper closure. I think OTG is also a great option too. Keepall may be too big for taking to classes.

• Love
I am in a doctorate program, and I teach full-time. I like to carry my designer bag and a separate briefcase/laptop bag to work and class. Right now, I am carrying a nylon Kate Spade briefcase laptop bag I got from the Real Real resale. You can find a few LV briefcases and laptop cases on the resale market. Here are my LV suggestions. Here are some on Fashionphile. Congratulations! :drinks:
briefcase On Sale - Authenticated Resale | The RealReal
Shop Pre owned Designer Handbags | Used Designer Bags (fashionphile.com)
Briefcase Explorer Monogram Eclipse Canvas - Men - Bags | LOUIS VUITTON ®
Takeoff Briefcase LV Aerogram - Men - Bags | LOUIS VUITTON ®
Slim Briefcase Taiga Leather - Men - Bags | LOUIS VUITTON ®

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your suggestions!!! Maybe for my actual classes I would get a simple backpack this time around AND still get the OTG for when I probably go out to cafes to study or stuff where I don't have to carry as much.
I like this idea a lot. Is law school still full of massive textbooks, or are classes more on laptops these days? Congratulations!

Ps: the Keepall could get reeeeeally heavy and unwieldy if loaded up and carried all day, I don't own one but this is what would make me think again. OTG sounds great, just check it can fit your laptop.

I have the OTG as my office bag but I have the GM size. I would say the MM is too small, especially if you plan on using an organizer which takes up some interior space. I would suggest going to the store and take your laptop and other essentials with you and try both sizes to see what fits better. My bag also gets heavy with all my stuff inside but it still wears very comfortable over the shoulder, what I bring in it is a 13 inch laptop, airpods max, headset+computer mouse in pouch, LV cosmetic pouch, 1L thermos and then I have my smaller stuff in the pockets of the organizer.

My vote goes to the OTG too, and get a sturdy backpack for when you actually need to lug your textbooks around (which honestly, should be a rarity).

When I was in law school almost 20 years ago (eep!), I only really took my laptop with me to classes. I kept my textbooks in my room, and relied on the library ones if necessary if I wasn't studying in my room.

Don’t know if this past thread might be helpful.

OTG is heavy, and with your books, it'll be even heavier!

I suggest getting a Chanel WOC or Louis Vuitton equivalent for your personal belongings (cards, phone, and keys) that you can wear crossbody. And a simple, non-brand tote or backpack for all your other items. This way, you get a bit of lux but also simplicity. And you can put your WOC inside the big bag.

For non-brand, I recommend the Madewell transport line. Personally I have the large tote. I use it for international travel and it works like a gem.

Black for East Coast, and English Saddle color for West.

Congratulations!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
53228_BK5229_d4.jpeg
53228_BK5229_d5.jpeg

I suggest getting a Chanel WOC or Louis Vuitton equivalent for your personal belongings (cards, phone, and keys) that you can wear crossbody. And a simple, non-brand tote or backpack for all your other items. This way, you get a bit of lux but also simplicity. And you can put your WOC inside the big bag.

For non-brand, I recommend the Madewell transport line. Personally I have the large tote. I use it for international travel and it works like a gem.

View attachment 5789405
View attachment 5789406
Wow I love this! thanks for the name I am totally looking it up now!

Reactions: Grande Latte

View attachment 5789405
View attachment 5789406
Thanks for the Madewell tip, never knew, will check it out!

Reactions: Grande Latte