After the “revenge dress” here comes the “revenge ring”

Aug 29, 2021
6 months ago, my partner suddenly left after 8 years of living together.
A few weeks after my 40th birthday…
Of course I’ve been through hell, cried my heart out, had to find a new appartement, to move, cried my heart out again, thought my life was over, cried my heart out again and again…
Now, things are starting to get better. So yesterday I took all the gold trinkets he gave me over the years, sold them, and with that money bought myself a nice eternity ring. A friend of mine said it was my version of the “revenge dress”, so we called it the “revenge ring”. I feel relieved that I was able to let go of all the jewellery that reminded me of him, and I love the idea that I traded it for a ring that represents empowerment and the beginning of a new life.
I love the ring by itself even if the diamonds are small, but I’m also thinking of stacking a second ring on top of it. What about a simple Van Cleef perlée ring? Other WG suggestions? I wear a Carrier small clash on the other hand, and like classic but a little bit edgy jewellery…
TIA for your opinions and advices!
IMG_0657.jpeg

6 months ago, my partner suddenly left after 8 years of living together.
A few weeks after my 40th birthday…
Of course I’ve been through hell, cried my heart out, had to find a new appartement, to move, cried my heart out again, thought my life was over, cried my heart out again and again…
Now, things are starting to get better. So yesterday I took all the gold trinkets he gave me over the years, sold them, and with that money bought myself a nice eternity ring. A friend of mine said it was my version of the “revenge dress”, so we called it the “revenge ring”. I feel relieved that I was able to let go of all the jewellery that reminded me of him, and I love the idea that I traded it for a ring that represents empowerment and the beginning of a new life.
I love the ring by itself even if the diamonds are small, but I’m also thinking of stacking a second ring on top of it. What about a simple Van Cleef perlée ring? Other WG suggestions? I wear a Carrier small clash on the other hand, and like classic but a little bit edgy jewellery…
TIA for your opinions and advices!
View attachment 5788996
just want to say good for you for doing that for yourself and I'm glad you got enough money with all the gold to buy this pretty ring

just want to say good for you for doing that for yourself and I'm glad you got enough money with all the gold to buy this pretty ring
Thank you very much! In fact I was very surprised… But in eight years he gave me various little things that accumulated and apparently the value of gold is high these days… The new ring is also second hand jewellery, so everything added up :smile:

You can stack pretty much anything with an eternity band.
Perlee would be great. So would a love band as well!

Congratulations! Good for you!
When I finally left an abusive relationship all I did was either toss or donate everything lol. But I don’t think anything would sell for that much anyway lol.
Thank you for your answer! I’ll go to VCA and try the perlée, that was my first option, but you’re right maybe I’ll also try a love band. I didn’t used to stack my rings, I wonder where I saw so many lovely stacks that gave me ideas… Thank you TPF! :lol:

Life has its way and you've made it and yeah melt those suckers! :lol:
I really think anything would go with that pretty eternity band you have.
I have recently discovered Boucheron rings. You may check it out.
Happy exploring.
Thank you very much for the hint. I’ll go and take a look at Boucheron’s website as I don’t really know the brand… Good idea!

Reactions: Purrsey
Thank you for your answer! I’ll go to VCA and try the perlée, that was my first option, but you’re right maybe I’ll also try a love band. I didn’t used to stack my rings, I wonder where I saw so many lovely stacks that gave me ideas… Thank you TPF! :lol:
I have the small Perlée from VCA that I stack with an eternity band for 11 years now and it still looks like new as it doesn’t show scratches if that matters to you :smile: