Repair/Replacement Costs - List

Hi new here. Hello. My Name is Dee. I purchased an LV Hudson Monogram Messenger bag (th1047) about 4-5 years ago. The bag was in rough shape as all the piping was exposed Sent it to LV and they replaced all the piping and the bag looks brand new. Cost me $275. So I believe yours should be a lot less. Hope this helps. Happy Mothers Day.
Wow! How long ago did you have the repair done?

I had a call appt yesterday and to replace the handles, zipper pull, and leather piping for my speedy HL was 800$$$ for my pochette accessories it was 300 to replace the strap and d ring. I feel like I’m being quoted so high. I may still send out my pochette.
that speedy HL hardly could sell for $800 right now even if was in good condition, yeah, agree, too high

Prices are getting absolutely ridiculous, and the people of France should be rioting. This is getting out of hand.

Dropped off Porte Documents Voyage GM and was quoted $2200 for all the leather trim to be replaced. They messed up the quote, only did half the leather, then requoted the rest of the leather to be done. Pretty sure thats an extra few hundred to re-take the bag apart. I feel like not paying for the repairs not only at this price, but because of the poor service. I'm having the repair manager get involved and I'm not sure if he can adjust prices or comp it out. Guessing you can get blacklisted for not paying for the repair?

Just wanted to edit, it was $1200 initially for all the leather then it came back half-a**ed and then they quoted another $1200 for the rest of it to be done. @BULL advice?
When I got my repair back that was a half-*ss job like yours, I pointed out that literally half of what was quoted was missing, and they immediately told me that they will send it back to the atelier as a priority pack, to get is redone as quickly as possible, free of charge of course. That should have been the case with you too I believe. If they mess up the quote, that is their problem. They gave a written offer, changing that afterwards is not only not nice in the luxury world, but in most places it is straight up illegal.

When I got my repair back that was a half-*ss job like yours, I pointed out that literally half of what was quoted was missing, and they immediately told me that they will send it back to the atelier as a priority pack, to get is redone as quickly as possible, free of charge of course. That should have been the case with you too I believe. If they mess up the quote, that is their problem. They gave a written offer, changing that afterwards is not only not nice in the luxury world, but in most places it is straight up illegal.
Thank you @BULL happy to hear yours got resolved. Were you made aware of the resolution before it went back out for a second time or after it came back repaired the second time.

Thank you @BULL happy to hear yours got resolved. Were you made aware of the resolution before it went back out for a second time or after it came back repaired the second time.
They asked me to come in after the repair (first round) was done, I inspected the bag and told them that is is off. They told me immediately then and there what will happen. And it really was fast, took just a week.

My speedy 40 and keepall 45 fresh after vachetta replacement. Both from 1980s and my SA couldn’t stop gushing about the quality of the canvas. Loving the new life given to them!

View attachment 5789107

View attachment 5789108
They’re gorgeous! I recently purchased a new speedy and haven’t purchased monogram lately, I was so disappointed with the way the canvas felt-I ended up letting it go. Vintage is the best!! So worth it.

They’re gorgeous! I recently purchased a new speedy and haven’t purchased monogram lately, I was so disappointed with the way the canvas felt-I ended up letting it go. Vintage is the best!! So worth it.
yeah...the newer canvas is so thin...they claim its so the bag is more pliable but i think we all know differently...plus the speedy 40 has been discontinued unless you go the mon monogram route, you're out of luck when buying new

Reactions: lvobsessednurse
Does anyone have any experience in regards to repair of a Porte Tresor International in Epi Leather.

One side of the coin compartment got ripped off and needs to be sewn back on. The problem is that it tore next to the seam... so likely the whole.coin compartment would need to be replaced.