Chanel’s most popular handbag is now more expensive than an Hermès Birkin for the first time.

Again the comparison between H and C classic bags. :facepalm::facepalm:There is no comparison! They are both very different aesthetically. I personally do not like the look of Hermes bags. And I also know it is not easy to get hands on H bags unless you get lucky at Paris or are also lucky enough to have a good SA. Me personally, I have had always negative experience at Hermes when I visited to buy some shoes and perfume. On the other hand, I am lucky to have a great Chanel SA who always treats me well and helps me in buying bags while I am in no way a VIP. Everyone have their own experiences. I love the look of Chanel CFs personally. If I have a choice, I would certainly go for Chanel bags. Yes the price increases suck and quality is not the same. I agree there has been some quality issues for me too but so has with other brands. My SA has been helpful in finding me best quality bags. But to call someone stupid for choosing Chanel is just plain rude.

Again the comparison between H and C classic bags. :facepalm::facepalm:There is no comparison! They are both very different aesthetically. I personally do not like the look of Hermes bags. And I also know it is not easy to get hands on H bags unless you get lucky at Paris or are also lucky enough to have a good SA. Me personally, I have had always negative experience at Hermes when I visited to buy some shoes and perfume. On the other hand, I am lucky to have a great Chanel SA who always treats me well and helps me in buying bags while I am in no way a VIP. Everyone have their own experiences. I love the look of Chanel CFs personally. If I have a choice, I would certainly go for Chanel bags. Yes the price increases suck and quality is not the same. I agree there has been some quality issues for me too but so has with other brands. My SA has been helpful in finding me best quality bags. But to call someone stupid for choosing Chanel is just plain rude.

I speak German and French and Italy. Maybe I expressed it badly with my word „stupid“. I’m sorry if I hurt someone.

What I wanted to say is, that all these excessive price increases of all the different luxury labels are only possible as long as customers keep buying their products. I think if we don’t continue to buy these products after every increase
furthermore, the game with the price increases of the luxury labels would be stopped or slowed down.

But maybe thats just my opionion ! I have the money to buy Hemès , and I own some Hermès bags, but now my enthusiasm is extinguished after all these price increases. I feel duped, because not a single bag in the world is it worth fore me to buy these prices. I like my collection of Hermès and other designer bags, and I have stopped to buy Hermès (I never have bought Chanel, because it isn’t my style) because of all the price increases.

I hope I could explain, what I mean ! Sorry for my English and sorry once again if someone felt hurt by my posting with the word «stupid ».

I second the pre-spend at H and also the uncertainty of getting their QB. Chanel is straightforward and that’s how I like it. No baits, no game.
That's how n why Hermes quota bags can fetch twice the price of retail at the resellers. Consumers who cannot wait , wants to skip all the effort n pre spend games plus wanting to avoid the heartache and uncertainty of eventually not offered the desired specification ( like the desired colour, leather, hardware) , consumers just go straight to the resellers to pick up the bag of their desire. For all these benefits, the resellers definitely charge a premium markup from retail price. Hence Hermes quota bags are still more expensive than Chanel if u include all the intangibles "cost" involved to be offered a quota bag.

Last edited: