The JADE thread!

Aww sorry to hear your carved bangle broke @ivorydolly. I hope it gets banded beautifully. On a better note that is one lovely princess! Glad you can slide yours on easily. My wuji princess isn’t the easiest to slip on and yet it still fits larger than I would have liked. Oh well

Aww sorry to hear your carved bangle broke @ivorydolly. I hope it gets banded beautifully. On a better note that is one lovely princess! Glad you can slide yours on easily. My wuji princess isn’t the easiest to slip on and yet it still fits larger than I would have liked. Oh well
Thank you! I hope the carved bangle will eventually be repaired nicely too... I was so mad at myself for being careless but I guess it is all fated right?

I'm sure your wuji bangle looks great on the wrist! If it's a tight squeeze and you managed to get it on, then rock with it

Collecting jade has been quite a ride but there's nothing quite like it.

Reactions: pureplatinum
View attachment 5783359
Got my slim princess yesterday. Surprised it slipped on without soap water. No bruising just minimal pain. Very comfy to wear.

On a sad note, I broke my carved hetian bangle. I absentmindedly put it in my bag, forgot it was there and it slipped out when I grabbed my lunch out at work! It's in two pieces. Gonna get it banded with Churk hopefully.
Aww, I wasn't able to get my carved bangle fixed yet. I hope you have better luck with Churk. I should probably try emailing him again

Reactions: ivorydolly
My very first oval bangle. To date, this has been my snuggest-fitting bangle, and the look I was aiming for. The shop owner demonstrated how to slip it in. I couldn’t believe that slipping it in isn’t painful at all; heck, I couldn’t believe it fit actually! I think oval bangles are now my favorite, fit-wise. Thanks for letting me share.

View attachment 5786083
It looks beautiful on your wrist. Could you let me know the inner diameter of the oval versus what you wear normally with rounds? I still need to figure out ovals :biggrin:

Thank you @ivorydolly. I measured and the diameter at the longest is 51mm (or perhaps give or take a 0.5 margin of error). For rounds I can fit into a 53.5-54mm. Best way is to try in person if you could..

One thing I’m sure of is I wouldn’t have selected this small size had I been left on my own. :smile:

Thank you @ivorydolly. I measured and the diameter at the longest is 51mm (or perhaps give or take a 0.5 margin of error). For rounds I can fit into a 53.5-54mm. Best way is to try in person if you could..

One thing I’m sure of is I wouldn’t have selected this small size had I been left on my own. :smile:
So you went down sizes with the oval? A 51mm oval is a tiny bangle! Congrats on getting that onto your wrist. I think your actual bangle size may be a lot smaller than what you think :smile:

I would love to try on bangles... But where I live, there aren't any jade shops.

I think your actual bangle size may be a lot smaller than what you think :smile:
Indeed, that’s what I realized after this experience. When I started, all I was ever set on was not hurting my knuckles and hands so I (subconsciously, perhaps) went for the bigger sizes. I went to another shop in this trip asking for a size 54 and showed them my wrist and they said - I think you’re a size 52.

I would love to try on bangles... But where I live, there aren't any jade shops.

Same here; I just take advantage of buying when I / we travel to countries that have them. Maybe try on a resin or ( similar costume) oval bangle just for size?

• Insightful
Reactions: ivorydolly
Indeed, that’s what I realized after this experience. When I started, all I was ever set on was not hurting my knuckles and hands so I (subconsciously, perhaps) went for the bigger sizes. I went to another shop in this trip asking for a size 54 and showed them my wrist and they said - I think you’re a size 52.

Same here; I just take advantage of buying when I / we travel to countries that have them. Maybe try on a resin or ( similar costume) oval bangle just for size?
Sounds like me. Always upsizing because I'm worried about the pain. I wear size 51 and there is still a decent gap and it slides halfway down my arm. But that's just how I'm built!

You must have had a great time trying on bangles in Thailand. That will definitely be on the agenda if I go traveling abroad.

Maybe I'll buy a costume oval as suggested.. or I will try the yoghurt container method - cutting the plastic to size and seeing if it fits hehe.