Neverfull discontinued?

This seems so weird to me! The Neverfull is not my favorite but it is definitely the starter favorite of most new LVaholics! Every time I go in any LV store at least 4 or 5 Neverfulls are purchased while I am shopping. I hope the Speedy doesn’t go next. But you know we have heard the rumor for several years that monogram is going to be discontinued. Surely not. :wtf:

This seems so weird to me! The Neverfull is not my favorite but it is definitely the starter favorite of most new LVaholics! Every time I go in any LV store at least 4 or 5 Neverfulls are purchased while I am shopping. I hope the Speedy doesn’t go next. But you know we have heard the rumor for several years that monogram is going to be discontinued. Surely not. :wtf:
I used to not wearing Neverfulls because too many people wearing it, but in recent years I have been wear it a lot because I needs to carry an iPad, I found Neverfull is the most practical and easy to wear and one of the most hardy bags, the best LV bag design, plus, one of the lowest price point LV bags.

But it’s been a day since the rumor of the “exclusive channel of purchasing” NF but it’s still readily available online in my region… so, I’m a bit confused… it’s only happening in some countries only? Or they are going to drive sales towards online instead? However I did notice that they removed the “check availability in store” option for the canvas NF… monoglam NF still have the option to check availability in stores.
In the US you can only purchase in stores now. I'm not sure how they're working it in other regions.
I honestly don’t see this driving up sales for anyone except resellers like Fashionphile. Or it will divert people to other bags (Graceful? NeoNoe?) or even other brands. But I could be totally wrong. It will be interesting to see how this will play out for them.
They're trying to push leather and make canvas more exclusive. Scarcity and demand drives up prices. Remember 3 years ago you could walk into Chanel and get a medium classic flap for 6K? They made the classic flap scarce, put everyone on waitlist and now it's 10K. Look at the Birkins and Kellys. Scarcity will drive up demand and with that prices.
Does anyone know how should the situation with the online stock of the NF be? Will it still be regularly orderable via the homepage? Tia!
In the US you can only purchase the canvas ones in store now. There's a 2-3 month wait.

In the US you can only purchase in stores now. I'm not sure how they're working it in other regions.

They're trying to push leather and make canvas more exclusive. Scarcity and demand drives up prices. Remember 3 years ago you could walk into Chanel and get a medium classic flap for 6K? They made the classic flap scarce, put everyone on waitlist and now it's 10K. Look at the Birkins and Kellys. Scarcity will drive up demand and with that prices.

In the US you can only purchase the canvas ones in store now. There's a 2-3 month wait.
In that case, I'm going to hold on my Neverfulls and resell them after they pass the $5,000 mark :P

Look at the Birkins and Kellys
Which both are in their TOP3 selling bags. They are manufactured in massive quantities, but Hermès fools the public to believe that they are so rare and hard to get. But for them this tactic works, because both of those are flagship models. The canvas stuff at Vuitton is entry level. Making your entry level as hard to get as Birkins might not be a good plan.
But I am so sure that they already made extensive market research. And also this thread is part of it.

Which both are in their TOP3 selling bags. They are manufactured in massive quantities, but Hermès fools the public to believe that they are so rare and hard to get. But for them this tactic works, because both of those are flagship models. The canvas stuff at Vuitton is entry level. Making your entry level as hard to get as Birkins might not be a good plan.
But I am so sure that they already made extensive market research. And also this thread is part of it.
You make great points. Canvas is entry level, but that's what the majority of their clients want. They would never be able to pull this off with leather. Also, I know someone that works at Hermes. They have a back room full of Birkins and Kellys. :lol: That's all I'm saying about that. I might have said too much already.

Do you think they are reading here?

I get that their intention is to drive up demand and it will be interesting to see if they are able to achieve that result with this tactic. Obviously it's not about money since they certainly aren't financially hurting right now :P

A Hermes bag is a different beast altogether, and most people put a lot of time and planning into getting one as it's not really a "starter" luxury bag like the Neverfull tends to be (as with many of the LV canvas bags).

Neverfull is a strange choice for this tactic since so many people already have them, secondhand market is flush with inventory (for now). I personally don't play games like this for a handbag as it's a huge turnoff. I'll just go find something else I can have without the wait. I'm sure there are others like me who prefer instant gratification.

For those who turn up wanting one sooner than 2 - 3 months from now they will either choose a different canvas style/brand or find one elsewhere. I can't imagine someone wanting a Neverfull and walking out with a Capuchines or some other leather bag. Like going to the store because you want ground beef and leaving with filet minon.

Last edited:
Isn’t this what deBeers does with diamonds? Scarcity tactics? BTW, I’m binge rewatching Sex and the City and I just saw the Season 4 episode with Lucy Lu and the red Birkin, which was $4,000 at the time. I’m start to rethink all of this. Seriously.