What is your favourite everyday Cartier necklace?

I just got my d´amour necklace lengthened as the diamond was always hanging skew the length I wanted to wear it. They added in total 3cm and if was for free. The first alteration until a certain length is always for free.
Did you end up liking the new length? I extended it by somewhat 2cm or 1inch? I can't remember but now I find it too long. I feel like re-altering it but I find it stupid to alter 1 or 1.5cm. It's now same length as vca vintage necklace but because it's a different type of pendant it just feels too long for me and another thing is I cannot layer it anymore. It's too long to layer with any other necklaces lol

Did you end up liking the new length? I extended it by somewhat 2cm or 1inch? I can't remember but now I find it too long. I feel like re-altering it but I find it stupid to alter 1 or 1.5cm. It's now same length as vca vintage necklace but because it's a different type of pendant it just feels too long for me and another thing is I cannot layer it anymore. It's too long to layer with any other necklaces lol
That's why I didn't send in my 2 diamond Love necklace to get lengthened. I didn't want it to be permanent because once I start to lose weight, my neck will shrink making the necklace not so snug. I ended up buying an extender in the meantime from Amazon and it's 10K gold. But I notice with the extender, I can't layer my necklaces anymore because it overlaps with the other necklace. Something cheap and quick until I lose weight.

That's why I didn't send in my 2 diamond Love necklace to get lengthened. I didn't want it to be permanent because once I start to lose weight, my neck will shrink making the necklace not so snug. I ended up buying an extender in the meantime from Amazon and it's 10K gold. But I notice with the extender, I can't layer my necklaces anymore because it overlaps with the other necklace. Something cheap and quick until I lose weight.
Ah i did not consider the extender at that time. If only I knew...

The d’ amour has 2 holes to close it. I was wearing it on the wider hole, so on the longest possible. But that meant the diamond was constantly hanging skew as the diamond is only hanging in the middle when it is in the smaller hole.
I asked them to „move“ the diamond but apparently Cartier has to stick to the original design which is diamond in the middle for the „smaller“ option. So they added 3cm in total. So I am wearing it at the same length as before just in a different hole. And I could wear it longer if I wanted to, but what I am not planning as I also feel it looks better when shorter.
Does it make sense? Sorry, I don’t know how to describe it differently.

Reactions: Liz86000
The d’ amour has 2 holes to close it. I was wearing it on the wider hole, so on the longest possible. But that meant the diamond was constantly hanging skew as the diamond is only hanging in the middle when it is in the smaller hole.
I asked them to „move“ the diamond but apparently Cartier has to stick to the original design which is diamond in the middle for the „smaller“ option. So they added 3cm in total. So I am wearing it at the same length as before just in a different hole. And I could wear it longer if I wanted to, but what I am not planning as I also feel it looks better when shorter.
Does it make sense? Sorry, I don’t know how to describe it differently.
Yes yes I understand! Because they designed in such a way that the diamond is aligned for the shorter length hook. This is why I don't understand the multiple hooks design because it is never going to really "work", I have the Tiffany smile necklace small size. The necklace has 2 lengths 16 and 18inches. I tried wearing the 18inch once. It was so frustrating to keep aligning the motif to stay in the middle the whole day - it doesn't make sense to me.
Right now I'm not loving my Cartier necklace much so I'm considering to alter it again but at a cost of SGD260 (ard USD200).

Reactions: darkangel07760
Yes yes I understand! Because they designed in such a way that the diamond is aligned for the shorter length hook. This is why I don't understand the multiple hooks design because it is never going to really "work", I have the Tiffany smile necklace small size. The necklace has 2 lengths 16 and 18inches. I tried wearing the 18inch once. It was so frustrating to keep aligning the motif to stay in the middle the whole day - it doesn't make sense to me.
Right now I'm not loving my Cartier necklace much so I'm considering to alter it again but at a cost of SGD260 (ard USD200).
I am totally with you on that. Then they just have to offer different lengths.
I actually figured out yesterday that my wg d‘amour bracelet is turning yellow gold on the clasp and the top bit of the part that holds the diamond. These are the 2 parts that constantly get in touch with my 2 loves wearing at the same wrist.
If I would have known that, I would have chosen yg instead but now I have the whole collection with bracelet, necklace and earrings.