The PEARL Lovers Thread!

8mm is a bit small for me personally. Would you consider south Sea pearls?
Agree. IMO pearls shrink drastically once purchased. But, I like big jewelry

of the three selected, I prefer the Tahitian bc I think gray black is both classic and fun,
and a little less conservative than white

For size comparison, an 11.6 earring
IMG_9720.jpeg

Last edited:
Would love your opinions. If you had to choose between the 3 pairs of freshwater pearls which would you choose? They are 8.5-9mm. I am told the surfaces are clean and luxurious so trusting the associate but based on pics, which would you go for? I do have a pair of akoyas coming as well so leaning towards pair B since they appear white.

35BDDC5B-90FF-4CAA-BEA9-59F6E3D49E13.jpeg

Would love your opinions. If you had to choose between the 3 pairs of freshwater pearls which would you choose? They are 8.5-9mm. I am told the surfaces are clean and luxurious so trusting the associate but based on pics, which would you go for? I do have a pair of akoyas coming as well so leaning towards pair B since they appear white.

View attachment 5793849
I like A & C.

Reactions: Destiny757
I did not like any of the PP purchases. I regret buying their akoya instead of getting Mikimoto. They are not as lustrous or beautiful. As other member stated above, my tahitian studs were completely mismatched. I asked for peacock green tint which I see only in superiorly bright light in one earring only. One earring is green tint, another is purple. By PP opinion, they are peacock. At some point they bully people on this board if anyone say anything bad about their quality. I can say they carry decent pearls like any gem fair pearl vendors, they are in no way better than Mikimoto. People who were recommended PP bought there in person, in their showroom. They had many choices offered to them in person, not 3 photoshopped items. I remember waiting for their photos for over 1-2 weeks and they give you 3 options. I did bought metallic from them, and they never show the back of the pearl, it was completely flat and not shiny, and the ring with metallic were so horrible, I returned it.
I did not have issues with their metallic studs and freshadama studs. No issues with shipping either. Akoya studs are OK, but again, I wanted Mikimoto, and my pair does not even come close to the type of pearls I wanted.