New Lou Camera bag with back pocket?

How is everyone liking their camera bag with back pocket? Is the pocket worth full retail price? I’m considering selling my camera bag to get it bc I love how functional the bag is but I’ve been scared to use her since she has black hardware. She’s new. Problem is … I’ll take a bit of a hit and then would have to purchase at a higher price point.

Reactions: WillWordForBags
I totally understand. I had this dilemma for a long time too. And my case is the same as yours; my style is very casual and my outings are too so I end up using the Lou and haven't even had a chance to wear the Mini Lou. But I got it for the same reason; because it is so beautiful.

Sometimes beautiful doesn't mean practical and just because we admire a bag, it doesn't mean it is a good investment for us. My Mini is still brand new and just sitting in my closet. I consider a waste of money and space. I am thinking I might want to sell it and maybe get the YSL Puffer pouch or the wristlet in gold or dark beige to have as a dressier option instead, since that would end up being more appropriate for a wedding or fancy event than the Mini Lou which is more of an in-between bag.

I did notice this new Lou Camera Bag does have a very long strap. I agree with that. I am 5'5''-5'6'' and I have it in the second to shortest setting. I think if you get it in store, they can punch an extra hole for you, if need be. They can probably do that at NM, Saks and Nordstrom too.
This post is so well said. I got a gently preloved mini-Lou because I thought that it would be a great option for dressy occasions but I could also tone it down for day to day. I don’t really have anywhere dressy to wear it except the occasional date night and who knows when the next wedding is. Lol. I might let it go as sad as that is. It’s black with shiny gold hardware so it’s pretty dressy for my lifestyle. You described it - it’s this in-between style that in theory drew me to it but I think cost per wear isn’t going to turn out in my favor. What did you end up deciding to do with yours?

I couldn't agree more. It's totally about cost per wear.

The Mini Lou is a stunning bag but it's not for me (at least now right now) because I can't justify spending $1700 on a very mini bag I will only wear to elegant dinner parties and weddings when I rarely have those in my laid-back life.
So I ended up selling it and even though I lost some money I feel good about letting it go.

I have been loving my Lou Camera with Pocket instead, and wearing it so much because it is such an easy bag to wear. The capacity is great and the outside pocket is a game changer. I notice I rarely open the zipper because what I mostly do with it, is take my phone in and out of that strategic pocket. So I 100% recommend this new Lou over the Mini Lou for comfortable, everyday wear.

The Mini Lou is a stunning bag but it's not for me (at least now right now) because I can't justify spending $1700 on a very mini bag I will only wear to elegant dinner parties and weddings when I rarely have those in my laid-back life.
So I ended up selling it and even though I lost some money I feel good about letting it go.

I have been loving my Lou Camera with Pocket instead, and wearing it so much because it is such an easy bag to wear. The capacity is great and the outside pocket is a game changer. I notice I rarely open the zipper because what I mostly do with it, is take my phone in and out of that strategic pocket. So I 100% recommend this new Lou over the Mini Lou for comfortable, everyday wear.
Yes! I agree! I love the back pocket too! It’s such a functional bag. I’m going to think over what to do with my mini camera bag. If I sell it, I won’t really have any black dressy bag at all. If I buy a clutch to replace it, it’ll be a wash because I’ll probably only get about $800 for the mini lou after fees. I guess having the mini Lou makes more sense than the clutch for the same price. I’m glad you could sell with confidence. That’s the best when you know the bag is gorgeous but it really isn’t serving your needs - best to let it go.

Reactions: keishapie1973
For those that recently got the bag with the back pocket, did you notice that the YSL logo is now somewhat shiny antique gold not the usual brushed antique gold like this picture on neiman marcus. Is that the case now?

DB75F69D-0B0B-4789-98FC-49F5CE38D4AB.jpeg

For those that recently got the bag with the back pocket, did you notice that the YSL logo is now somewhat shiny antique gold not the usual brushed antique gold like this picture on neiman marcus. Is that the case now?

View attachment 5754030
I saw it in person and it looks exactly like this photo. It doesn’t have a tarnished or brushed look and it isn’t as shiny as their shiny gold. It is a clean and polished aged gold I guess you could say. It looks really nice!

Reactions: JLT1
I saw it in person and it looks exactly like this photo. It doesn’t have a tarnished or brushed look and it isn’t as shiny as their shiny gold. It is a clean and polished aged gold I guess you could say. It looks really nice!

Okay now I feel relieved thank you! I ordered mine remotely and was comparing my older version to the new one I just received (with the back pocket) and was shocked to see the logo’s finish was different.

Reactions: J9Fell4Tiffanys

How much can you fit in the lou