Ode to the Evelyne

Goes to show Ebay hasn't a clue

Well, the other reason they reached out was that it showed more wear than advertised, so I appreciated that. I think they err on the side of caution with being authentic or not as well. So they have some clues...LOL. :smile:

I must say I am so glad to have these Purseforum forums as a resource. I have learned so much in the past year or so! Lots of good info and people here. :biggrin:

Hello Evelyne people! Question for you -

I won an Evelyne PM on Ebay that was advertised as Clemence. Ebay authentication has emailed me that the leather is Fjord, so it is not as advertised...I have never touched Fjord leather. My research indicates it is stiffer and possibly heavier than Clemence.

If you were in this situation would you keep the Fjord? Opinions appreciated. Thank you!

View attachment 5752910

View attachment 5752911
It looks like Clemence to me. I have black Evelyne in Fjord and one in Clemence. My Fjord is from 2005. Only a guess, but I do not think Fjord has been used recently. My Fjord has an inside pocket, which some older Evelynes had. Fjord is much stiffer that Clemence.

• Insightful
Reactions: PACNWPurseLover
Hi everyone! So I have the Evelyn pm in etoupe and I wear it almost everyday! It’s a great bag and super comfortable. I have a tpm as well and not sure if I should sell it or not. Does anyone have both and love the tpm as much? I have the tpm in orange which I’m like maybe it isn’t an easy color to wear. Also do you think the Evelyn is an outdated style?
I'd keep the tpm. They are so charming. I will say that getting the 7RP bag insert for this bag was a total game changer for me. It turns the bag into a really functional wallet and is a perfect fit that enhances the bag shape. It almost makes it a wallet on chain. I adore the two pen holders too.

Hi everyone! Finally managed to buy an Evelyne TPM however was surprised to see that the strap is not made of the same material as the PM. I am finding the wool material of the TPM a little uncomfortable. Are all TPM straps made of wool? Anyone has had the same issue? Appreciate your guidance !
Mine was so scratchy when new that I was worried I wouldn’t be able to carry it much. However the wool feeling softened over time and now it’s perfectly comfortable