Chanel on your nails #4!

That looks just amazing.
Here in the UK, it's impossible to buy Chanel nail polish, only about 5 colours are available in stores. I tried other EU countries whilst travelling and the same: only a few colours
Do you have the same issue where you are?

• Wow
Reactions: dotty8
That looks just amazing.
Here in the UK, it's impossible to buy Chanel nail polish, only about 5 colours are available in stores. I tried other EU countries whilst travelling and the same: only a few colours
Do you have the same issue where you are?
I had a quick look online, the two biggest department stores here in Australia; David Jones and Myers, have plenty of colours. We tend to get the newer season colours later and a lot of older colours used to stick around here (loved checking the drawers to find more colours that they'd removed the tester for).

I will say, a lot of the permanent colours are out of stock so it may be a manufacturing/supply issue?

I had a quick look online, the two biggest department stores here in Australia; David Jones and Myers, have plenty of colours. We tend to get the newer season colours later and a lot of older colours used to stick around here (loved checking the drawers to find more colours that they'd removed the tester for).

I will say, a lot of the permanent colours are out of stock so it may be a manufacturing/supply issue?
yeah, this issue of not having colours has been going on since the pandemic and definitely it's due to supply problems. It just saddens me because I loved to pick up new chanel colours and now there is nothing. For some reason I don't get on with other brands, I just cannot find anything that has the same consistency and depth.

The new spring colours, watermelon and Rouge Cuir are now available, but Rouge Cuir is extremely similar to other reds I already have and watermelon seems to have a very light coverage.

I really hope there will be something new and exciting this summer.

yeah, this issue of not having colours has been going on since the pandemic and definitely it's due to supply problems. It just saddens me because I loved to pick up new chanel colours and now there is nothing. For some reason I don't get on with other brands, I just cannot find anything that has the same consistency and depth.

The new spring colours, watermelon and Rouge Cuir are now available, but Rouge Cuir is extremely similar to other reds I already have and watermelon seems to have a very light coverage.

I really hope there will be something new and exciting this summer.
I'm not sure, but my SAs informed me of the Chanel's intention to reduce their wide selection of colours and special items even before the pandemic :smile: . They said it would be their new philosophy for the next years and also that they were planning to shift to more natural ingredients and packaging (which is also already happening, along with less plastic, eg. 2021 Christmas Chanel No. 5 cardboard packaging). It's similar also with other cosmetic brands, eg. Guerlain reduced their selection and even stopped producing nail polishes if I'm not mistaken :eek:

• Sad
Reactions: Romeos
Update: My SA told me that next month there will be a lot of new colours available - maybe they are changing the formula again and will make a whole new collection of nail polishes? We'll see :nuts:
That's amazing news, I hope it makes its way to the UK.

I like the current formula, though, it stays on my nails intact exactly 6 days, and on the 7th day when I am just getting bored with the colour it chips a little :smile:

But we desperately need some fun colours....

I've seen photos of the new brush, personally it doesn't look good to me- it reminds me of the short-lived thick brush they tried to introduce (that was a dud).
The new colours look pretty standard... hopefully they produce some more interesting colours.
I saw some of the new colors and new brush. The new brush didn't seem any better. Maybe I'm too used to the old version. I passed on buying any new colors in the new formula until i can read some reviews of staying power.