Favorite Chanel YouTubers?

The amount of drama that Dacob is somehow always in the middle of is really unbelievable.

It’s like watching someone play acting at what they think a super rich or super important person would do. I can’t watch his whole lives, they’re long af and mostly involve him interacting with people in the chat and breaking up what he is saying, but I caught a piece of the most recent one where he talked about going into a store with his “entourage” to tell them specifically what happened at the other store.

His unboxings are almost always very low value items like lotion and perfume samples. I could respect it if he was purchasing only what he could afford, but to present yourself as some kind of authority on Chanel and a major, VIP collector and then unbox body wash and a bag you’re just going to complain about is weird.

I saw also that he has called the latest price increase “embarrassing” along with unboxing a tiny Hermes item so now I expect he will try to become a Hermes person after shamelessly trashing the brand for years.
These days I skip most of his videos only watch some for lolcontent which he calls "hate watching":lol:. Took him more seriously back in a days when he wasn't making a clown of himself, puting a mask of self proclaimed fashion-guru, pseudoartist wannabe who can't stand different opinion. He's right on some brands situation, but it's not like he's discovering anything average fashion enthusiast wouldn't already know. Other than that he's videos are low value and do not add much to general conversation. And yes that thing showing off making videos of everything he buys, gets for free at CHANEL etc is hilarious.

Last edited:
Thank you so much beautiful! Join us next Saturday ❤️
This is embarasing girl you tipped him 100 bucks for nothing he's still calling you a hater he even put it in a title of his video about you. He trolled you and you paid him for that. This is really low youtube pathhology donation system that allows things like that to happen. I remember when he shadow-banned me (so much for he's willingnes to confrontation) only because I dared to say his merch is low quality. Bet he'd unblock me too if I throw some cash...

This is embarasing girl you tipped him 100 bucks for nothing he's still calling you a hater he even put it in a title of his video about you. He trolled you and you paid him for that. This is really low youtube pathhology donation system that allows things like that to happen. I remember when he shadow-banned me (so much for he's willingnes to confrontation) only because I dared to say his merch is low quality. Bet he'd unblock me too if I throw some cash...
Try it! $$$. It’s all just entertainment!

• Haha
Reactions: resplendent
I appreciate the callout for saying that he’s not a brand connoisseur because he doesn’t buy a new $10,000 handbag every week.

No, that’s not it at all, though that would be part of it if he were in fact a major VIP client. There are many stylish people who comment on fashion and brand history without ever showing a single item. The difference is they have the credentials and put extensive amounts of research into their commentary and don’t spend most of their time talking about fake influencer drama. Some of them are longtime customers of the brand. Others are not but have degrees in fashion design and work for luxury fashion houses. The one thing they don’t do is just endlessly denegrate brands and mount personal attacks to create drama and get tips on livestreams.

I feel like CWC takes her viewers too seriously, like in the sense of real friends needing to justify her purchases/interests. I've watched her videos since day one, and while I enjoy her old videos of reviewing vintage Chanel and some good quality bags from Coach (I bought one after seeing her review), I'm one of her viewers that unsubscribe early on after countless unboxings (and returns) and listening to her trying to explain her reasoning to her viewers. I felt I voluntarily become her therapist :biggrin: Like, I'm pretty melancholic myself so I don't come to youtube to listen to over-explaining rant for entertainment, especially since I don't know her personally, I could care less about her detailed reasoning behind a purchase.

I guess Youtube is an interesting place cuz you could see a plethora of personalities & you got to pick which one you'd wanna tune in to. I don't get tired listening to Cassie Thorpe, for example, regardless having completely different taste in fashion. She's funny, informative, and doesn't take herself too seriously while explaining her reasoning, even when she knows the recent Chanel price hike is absurd (yet she still got that Chanel mini patent that sparks her joy). To me, her channel's intent is clear, while if I compared to CWC, I'm not sure what to 'categorize' her channel nowadays. But it also could stem from the fact that she's not a full-time youtuber while people like Cassie do this full-time.

(See what I meant when I said I'm very much a thinker myself? I couldn't handle another 'version' of me spiraling down her thoughts hahah :biggrin:)

What do we think about YouTubers quitting YouTube ? And quiet luxury ?
It is the current 'trend' which will gradually die down and then all these YouTubers will slowly come out with their luxury purchases, lol:
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Wear what you love, what you enjoy. Who cares what others think? That is my motto.

Has anyone seen the recent video from Romina Rose May? She recently got mugged when carrying her BV bag (fortunately she fought off the mugger this time), but she did say she was also mugged 5 years ago and as a result her Chanel mini was taken and she suffered injuries. I felt quite bad for her because she probably felt horrible and wondering if her bags made her a target, but then again I do not think that’s the reason they robbed her - I think they just wanted to grab whatever they see and make a quick buck.

Thoughts?

Has anyone seen the recent video from Romina Rose May? She recently got mugged when carrying her BV bag (fortunately she fought off the mugger this time), but she did say she was also mugged 5 years ago and as a result her Chanel mini was taken and she suffered injuries. I felt quite bad for her because she probably felt horrible and wondering if her bags made her a target, but then again I do not think that’s the reason they robbed her - I think they just wanted to grab whatever they see and make a quick buck.

Thoughts?
I think that was exactly what she mentioned in the video, that the robbers might not even realized it’s a Chanel bag when they robbed her. I think she included of photo of her with the bag (looks like a Chanel metallic mini patent bag) and I wonder the bag was probably flashy enough to be carried in a dodgy area, making her an easy target

Reactions: 7th House
I enjoy watching Dacob and Romina's videos because they speak openly and honestly about topics in the luxury community and they’ve talked about how toxic it can be. I wonder if the bullying is one of the many reasons some of these luxury YouTubers are quitting.

I enjoy watching Dacob and Romina's videos because they speak openly and honestly about topics in the luxury community and they’ve talked about how toxic it can be. I wonder if the bullying is one of the many reasons some of these luxury YouTubers are quitting.
I find the two of them getting too dramatic and not enjoying their luxury goods especially Chanel. I think even if they are not enjoying Chanel, they don't have to backslash the brand. Maybe they can make videos on the things they enjoy. Just my 2 cents :P

Ive been watching CWC for awhile but I feel like she tries too hard to seem relatable now?

Being able to run out and buy a Birkin and a random Kelly soon after is not attainable for most people.

I also dont find her contemporary brand bag videos genuine. Her excitement just seems like shes pushing her links, lol.
I can’t stand her channel anymore. Her latest video is just putting a slideshow of 20 bags that no one is talking about. Like she reviews each bag and then asks the audience “what do you guys think? Let me know what you think?”

Most content creators like Handbagholic at least to real stores to preview the bags on camera. Like CWC is just displaying essential stock pictures from Saks/ Farfetch or runway shows. The worst is some of pictures are clearly from Instagram accounts and she doesn’t even credit them for the content.