The JADE thread!

After some time, the jade bug got me once again! I really enjoyed seeing everyone’s jade pieces. I recently picked up my first bangle but I think it may be smaller than I’d like. The lady at the counter said it would fit me and it does go over my hand with lotion but I tried taking it off and my hand is sore! Maybe I have to take it off quicker so that it’s not squeezing the life out of my hand for too long? Or does one get used to this?

C405B243-4DBB-4AB4-B42C-2EE3101EADD2.jpeg2D1F2B97-E934-428C-83C2-0F0695CF8A47.jpeg

After some time, the jade bug got me once again! I really enjoyed seeing everyone’s jade pieces. I recently picked up my first bangle but I think it may be smaller than I’d like. The lady at the counter said it would fit me and it does go over my hand with lotion but I tried taking it off and my hand is sore! Maybe I have to take it off quicker so that it’s not squeezing the life out of my hand for too long? Or does one get used to this?

View attachment 5752904View attachment 5752905
I've seen clips of seemingly larger hands being manipulated to squeeze into tiny bangles. I'm sure there's some technique involved. But no small bangles for me just yet.. I bruise easily and like to switch bangles. Might make an exception if I fell in love with it tho. What size is this beauty?

View attachment 5752904View attachment 5752905
I’ve found conditioners and oilier compounds to work a lot better when trying to wear my bangles. There’s also the idea that the more you take your bangles in and out, the easier you’ll get as your hands get used to being squeezed.

Was recommended to squeeze my hands regularly to help them get softer.

I’ve found these tips to really work. Have a few bangles that are really cutting quite close to unwearable due to my weight gain. Hope this helps!

I've seen clips of seemingly larger hands being manipulated to squeeze into tiny bangles. I'm sure there's some technique involved. But no small bangles for me just yet.. I bruise easily and like to switch bangles. Might make an exception if I fell in love with it tho. What size is this beauty?
I measured and the inner diameter comes out to about 50.6mm. If I were to buy another one, I think I’m going to aim for a little bigger! Minimum 51mm-53mm.

I’ve found conditioners and oilier compounds to work a lot better when trying to wear my bangles. There’s also the idea that the more you take your bangles in and out, the easier you’ll get as your hands get used to being squeezed.

Was recommended to squeeze my hands regularly to help them get softer.

I’ve found these tips to really work. Have a few bangles that are really cutting quite close to unwearable due to my weight gain. Hope this helps!
I’m going to start squeezing my hands every so often and will try using something oilier next time I take this off. Thanks for the tips!

I measured and the inner diameter comes out to about 50.6mm. If I were to buy another one, I think I’m going to aim for a little bigger! Minimum 51mm-53mm.

I’m going to start squeezing my hands every so often and will try using something oilier next time I take this off. Thanks for the tips!
That is pretty small! Your hand and wrist look to be about my size. When I first started collecting bangles, I struggled and felt pain putting on a 50.5, but now, I can slide out of a 49 mm, painlessly without conditioner or lotion. I haven’t tried any smaller because I haven’t found any the size I need and in the condition I like. There’s one bangle (princess) that UJ has and it’s a 47mm. I kinda want to purchase it, but some cosmetic defect have deterred me. The more you squeeze in and out of the bangle, the easier it will be to fit into smaller sizes, so I would recommend you don’t buy bigger ones. Try to wear that bangle for a while, periodically taking it off and on, and then see how you feel.

Reactions: raptorgrin
That is pretty small! Your hand and wrist look to be about my size. When I first started collecting bangles, I struggled and felt pain putting on a 50.5, but now, I can slide out of a 49 mm, painlessly without conditioner or lotion. I haven’t tried any smaller because I haven’t found any the size I need and in the condition I like. There’s one bangle (princess) that UJ has and it’s a 47mm. I kinda want to purchase it, but some cosmetic defect have deterred me. The more you squeeze in and out of the bangle, the easier it will be to fit into smaller sizes, so I would recommend you don’t buy bigger ones. Try to wear that bangle for a while, periodically taking it off and on, and then see how you feel.
Your bangle journey makes me feel hopeful that I will eventually get used to sliding out of this bangle!

I recently bought this silicone bracelet as a buffer. What do we think, okay or too much?
View attachment 5754269
Looks fab! The pastel tone really compliments your other pieces.

Hubby asked me 'how many bangles do you have now? I'm glad you are enjoying your jade'. Sounds so supportive of my newfound interest but I wonder how long his sentiment will last. Because... I caved in and ended up buying another bangle hahaha.

Reactions: geroithe and dster1
I love this idea! Do you mind sharing the link? I’ve been trying to find a way to wear both my watch and bangle in the same arm. Does it stop all contact between the bangle and watch? Also, it looks great!
Got it from Amazon:

Enso Silicone Bracelet – Braided Stackable Bracelet - Hypoallergenic Rubber Wristband – Comfortable Flexible Band for Active Lifestyle - Medical Grade Silicone https://a.co/d/7J1imZx

It doesn’t stop the contact 100% of the time but I would say it’s rare for the bangle to fall down my wrist at an angle to be able to hit the watch. I also recommend sizing up. My wrist is 6inches and I ordered a medium. My bangle is 55.8mm.

Reactions: pureplatinum