**Hermes Chat**

Hello everyone, could you please advise if chevre mysore leather is prone to have the top layer of leather coming off (small scale)?
I bought a mini Constance in excellent condition from a well known reseller and noticed 2 very small white dots on the bag when I received it. Then I was just trying it on for a few minutes indoor and noticed a small piece of leather came off and it looked exactly like the 2 white dots. I was being very careful when trying it. My guess is that it touched my watch band when I tried it cross body.
Is this common for this leather and is it just equivalent to scratches on other leathers? Or Will it get worse and noticeable with normal wear?
Thank you so much for your advices!!!

Attachments

• DA5AB58E-16EB-4C09-BC03-9B601459F204.jpeg
    DA5AB58E-16EB-4C09-BC03-9B601459F204.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 24
  • CAA42C06-3ADF-4929-AF70-7C10237475B2.jpeg
    CAA42C06-3ADF-4929-AF70-7C10237475B2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • 1B91D856-1449-4099-863A-A4168BA4DA9A.jpeg
    1B91D856-1449-4099-863A-A4168BA4DA9A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
Hello everyone, could you please advise if chevre mysore leather is prone to have the top layer of leather coming off (small scale)?
I bought a mini Constance in excellent condition from a well known reseller and noticed 2 very small white dots on the bag when I received it. Then I was just trying it on for a few minutes indoor and noticed a small piece of leather came off and it looked exactly like the 2 white dots. I was being very careful when trying it. My guess is that it touched my watch band when I tried it cross body.
Is this common for this leather and is it just equivalent to scratches on other leathers? Or Will it get worse and noticeable with normal wear?
Thank you so much for your advices!!!

Yes, Chèvre leathers are susceptible to scratching and scuffing like this. Usually this takes place around the corners and edges of a bag. It does not look like the leather has completely balded, so Hermès Spa should be able to repair this easily. Nonetheless, did the reseller mention these “dots” to you? I would be quite upset if a bag that was described to me as being in excellent condition had leather peeling off, especially on such a new bag.

• Insightful
Reactions: masanmasan
Yes, Chèvre leathers are susceptible to scratching and scuffing like this. Usually this takes place around the corners and edges of a bag. It does not look like the leather has completely balded, so Hermès Spa should be able to repair this easily. Nonetheless, did the reseller mention these “dots” to you? I would be quite upset if a bag that was described to me as being in excellent condition had leather peeling off, especially on such a new bag.
Thank you so much, @ r luvs h!! For a second I was wondering if I got a fake.

The reseller didn’t have pictures showing these scuffings. I read that chevre is easy to get scratches but also read that it is very hardy and durable. Is only one right or how should I interpret them?

Do you know with normal wear, will there be increasing number of “dots” and become noticeable? I checked out other people’s mysore bag pics online and didn’t notice any dots even in lighter colors. Wondering if mine is especially prone to scratch or they are not normally noticeable.

Thank you so much!!

• Love
Reactions: r luvs h
I think I speak on behalf of many members here when I say that this information is not something that should be public knowledge. Unfortunately, there are people who use this information for illicit purposes. I love helping people learn about Hermès, but when it comes to details like these, I believe it is more prudent and gratifying to do one’s own research. Though, I do admire your zeal in wanting to learn about and appreciate these things!
Imagine if we only had a forum about purses that we could all share information openly :annoyed:

Last edited:
Wasnt sure if anyone has spoken up about Fashionphile but I bought what I thought was an authentic Orange PM Evelyne and it was fake. Came with tags and all. I inspected the bag thoroughly and bent the seams and saw GLUE. I cannot believe they sold it. I returned it and it was not posted again.
Oh my gosh. Sorry to hear that. Glad that you inspected the bag cared. From what I read here I thought FF is supposed to be a trusted one. I happen to be drooling over some bags on it today and contemplating whether to buy it.

Reactions: BreezyE
Oh my gosh. Sorry to hear that. Glad that you inspected the bag cared. From what I read here I thought FF is supposed to be a trusted one. I happen to be drooling over some bags on it today and contemplating whether to buy it.
Yes me too! Ive sold quite a few bags to them and finally decided to try it out for a color that isn't current at H. And everything seemed ok but I had feeling something was off. The glue was hidden well but still there! They also advertised it incorrectly based on the year and model. Not the best quality control for my one time. Never again!

Hello everyone, I'm in one of the more competitive west coast cities and trying to score a Kelly 28. I'm currently at about 1:1.2 ratio but my SA is hinting at a closer to 2x spending ratio (~$20000). My understanding is that the high ratio is because I'm a relative new customer (started buying at this store since last spring), it would also be my first bag from the Birkin/Kelly/Constance trio, and I'm hoping for a desirable color. If there are any fellow Hermes buyers here who are also on the west coast, I would love to know what your spending ratio is! I'm trying to understand if this is a reasonable expectation. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: BreezyE
Hello everyone, I'm in one of the more competitive west coast cities and trying to score a Kelly 28. I'm currently at about 1:1.2 ratio but my SA is hinting at a closer to 2x spending ratio (~$20000). My understanding is that the high ratio is because I'm a relative new customer (started buying at this store since last spring), it would also be my first bag from the Birkin/Kelly/Constance trio, and I'm hoping for a desirable color. If there are any fellow Hermes buyers here who are also on the west coast, I would love to know what your spending ratio is! I'm trying to understand if this is a reasonable expectation. Thanks in advance!
A minimum 2:1 ratio is a reasonable expectation in all regions these days.

2-3.5x of BKC are pretty normal range from my own experience and what I read here.

Reactions: 880 and i_like_h
I don’t know if this needs to be a separate thread so admin please move if it does. I’m hearing rumors from several different sources that H may be opening a boutique in VA? Anyone else able to confirm and what they’ve heard so far. I know when the dc store opened the dinner invite was for vips who spent over 100k annually. I’m sure it’s far more than that now given competition and increased interest in the brand.

Not a direct answer but the shopping sub forum has threads per city (Seattle, SF, OC, etc for West Coast) and you can use that to lookup any recent ratios folks have talked about. Good luck!

Reactions: i_like_h
I shop at a competitive west coast boutique. My last birkin (last summer) was 2:1.

Reactions: i_like_h