LV QUALITY CONTROL --- WHAT IS GOING ON??

i had to send back a repair in jan 2023 as well. i sent in my psm reverse for a top handle change. it came back with a gaping hole between the zipper and the inner lining. it was missing ~8 stitches. i noticed it 2 hours after i picked it up and had to drive right back to the store with it. it has been sent out again for fixing. i waited 8 months for the repair and was quoted another 4-6 months for the adjustment, but was told it could be sooner and this repair was "flagged as an urgent repair" (since they messed it up from the initial repair). i was going to be offered a new bag but turned it down, they don't make psm reverse anymore and wasn't swapping it for regular monogram psm.

so the saga continues.

it came back and going back for a third time because someone spilt glue or some type of solvent on the front compartment and now its going back to get the front pocket fixed.

It appears there isn’t much quality control going on with regards to their repairs process either. I was quite pleased with the work they did on my vintage Amazone 22 until I went to actually use it for the first time since picking it up and saw that the lining of the interior pocket I’d paid to have replaced hadn’t been sewn in properly and is coming away from the bag. It will now have to be sent back to be repaired again.

View attachment 5727621
Their repair is ridiculous! I still remember they LEFT pin needle in my mom repaired wallet!

Wanted to add my own recent agitation(s) to this thread. Purchased a Maida in Turtledove. I was eyeing this bag FOREVER, finally broke my own rule with an all-leather bag. I get the bag and the stitching on the front pockets was off. Started out fine then as it got down to the bottom of the bag it went wonky. Now, I'm not picky by any means, but it wasn't like I had a magnifying glass or anything - it was right there. So back it went.

Ordered a Montsouris PM in black, delivered yesterday. The box was in hideous, I mean hideous condition . It was dented, label peeling off, bottom taped up, (it came to me via contact center order who had it shipped from a store, evidently). The box inside was torn. I open the dustbag and the canvas felt horrible, the buckle was sewn on crookedly (I kept adjusting the bag with drawstrings, thinking it was my error) and no matter how I looked at it, it was crooked. AND there was a huge scratch in the leather. :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed: So back it went, but I first texted the pics to my SA so she could see. She was mortified about the packaging and the bag. I am not even going to attempt a PSM after this.

Wanted to add my own recent agitation(s) to this thread. Purchased a Maida in Turtledove. I was eyeing this bag FOREVER, finally broke my own rule with an all-leather bag. I get the bag and the stitching on the front pockets was off. Started out fine then as it got down to the bottom of the bag it went wonky. Now, I'm not picky by any means, but it wasn't like I had a magnifying glass or anything - it was right there. So back it went.

Ordered a Montsouris PM in black, delivered yesterday. The box was in hideous, I mean hideous condition . It was dented, label peeling off, bottom taped up, (it came to me via contact center order who had it shipped from a store, evidently). The box inside was torn. I open the dustbag and the canvas felt horrible, the buckle was sewn on crookedly (I kept adjusting the bag with drawstrings, thinking it was my error) and no matter how I looked at it, it was crooked. AND there was a huge scratch in the leather. :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed: So back it went, but I first texted the pics to my SA so she could see. She was mortified about the packaging and the bag. I am not even going to attempt a PSM after this.

All these horror stories are making me scared to get a new bag lol. And then I feel silly when I go in the store and examine every inch of it. I really hate being “that person” but these bags aren’t inexpensive

All these horror stories are making me scared to get a new bag lol. And then I feel silly when I go in the store and examine every inch of it. I really hate being “that person” but these bags aren’t inexpensive
For real. It is not like it's a $50 bag. And like I said, I didn't have to really look for it - it was right there in my face with both bags.

I also hate being "that person" but then I think I work hard for my money and these bags are not an insignificant amount of money. We shouldn't accept it. I really hate when I get an SA who says the poor quality things I see are normal, etc. I much prefer when they say no problem, we'll get you another one.

Awful. So sorry. Don't give up! I got an empreinte Montsouris shipped to me that to me looked terrible. I ended up sending it back and the "replacement" is absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad I didn't settle. They need to stop sending out garbage.

Awful. So sorry. Don't give up! I got an empreinte Montsouris shipped to me that to me looked terrible. I ended up sending it back and the "replacement" is absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad I didn't settle. They need to stop sending out garbage.
Amen! This was beyond ridiculous. My online SA tells me never settle. I may try again, afraid I’ll get flagged for returning but come on.

I remember when the Dauphine first came out. I bought that bag 4x over the span of 4 months. Each time there was something wrong.

1. Print was misaligned
2. “Made in” leather tag was so faint, it was illegible (returned for concerns I wouldn’t be able to prove authenticity in the future)
3. Missing stitch on the buckle. The stitches were even….until there was a really big stitch because they skipped one.
4. Stitching was poor on the flap - some places looked like it had been gone over 2-3x

I ordered the first from a different store and had it shipped to me. I ordered the 3rd online. I bought the 2nd and 4th ones in store and didn’t notice the issues till I got home.

I thought I was going to get banned for returning the same bag 4 times in 4 months but I didn’t.

Actually I learned that I rather order online and do store pickup. That way I can inspect it without SA bothering me because I’ve already paid for it (they don’t need to nag me to “make the sale”). Usually they just leave me alone and move on to another (paying) customer. If I do see something I can ask for exchange right away.

I remember when the Dauphine first came out. I bought that bag 4x over the span of 4 months. Each time there was something wrong.

1. Print was misaligned
2. “Made in” leather tag was so faint, it was illegible (returned for concerns I wouldn’t be able to prove authenticity in the future)
3. Missing stitch on the buckle. The stitches were even….until there was a really big stitch because they skipped one.
4. Stitching was poor on the flap - some places looked like it had been gone over 2-3x

I ordered the first from a different store and had it shipped to me. I ordered the 3rd online. I bought the 2nd and 4th ones in store and didn’t notice the issues till I got home.

I thought I was going to get banned for returning the same bag 4 times in 4 months but I didn’t.

Actually I learned that I rather order online and do store pickup. That way I can inspect it without SA bothering me because I’ve already paid for it (they don’t need to nag me to “make the sale”). Usually they just leave me alone and move on to another (paying) customer. If I do see something I can ask for exchange right away.
Maybe I should try that next time. So frustrating!

I also hate being "that person" but then I think I work hard for my money and these bags are not an insignificant amount of money. We shouldn't accept it. I really hate when I get an SA who says the poor quality things I see are normal, etc. I much prefer when they say no problem, we'll get you another one.
You’re not alone. I’m that person too. I’m embarrassed but feel like it has to be done, haha. If their quality control was better or if they were more willing to stand behind their product when issues arise, I wouldn’t have to be “that person”.

I’ve noticed variations in the leather (which is natural since it’s leather), but if one has a preference, I’d bear the embarrassment and check out more than 1 of an item before purchasing bc lv may or may not stand behind their product when an issue arises. On some individual pieces the leather could be thicker/thinner or more supple and pliable vs firm. I prefer the thicker tougher leather bc although supple is nice it doesn’t hold up to wear as well.

Check stitching and glazing to make sure it’s intact and no loose edges bc they won’t hesitate to charge to fix later. Look for even stitching and no “dents”.

I’ve had multiple issues with the lining of bags or maybe the glue they use doesn’t hold up well? Has anyone else had these problems? Have a clutch from the 90s where the interior pocket has turned sticky and black. Still beautiful in every other way as long as you don’t open the pocket. A azur neverfull that’s pocket edges have turned dark yellow within a couple years (think it’s from the glue? Or something the put on the edge?) Also part of the edge of top trim has ripped. And I take really good care of my bags. A toiletry bag that’s lining has parted from the bag and bubbled up with almost no use within a couple years. I haven’t had great luck with lv in terms of them standing behind their products and getting these fixed. Hopefully everyone else has had better luck!

Last edited:
You’re not alone. I’m that person too. I’m embarrassed but feel like it has to be done, haha. If their quality control was better or if they were more willing to stand behind their product when issues arise, I wouldn’t have to be “that person”.
At these prices we have every right to be "that person"