**Hermes Chat**

Can someone tell me where to post questions about authenticity? I can't figure out where I am supposed to put this.
I see that this bag does not have the hermes logo on the hardware - does this mean it is fake?
Unfortunately, the forum no longer has authentication for Hermes items. You would need to contact a paid authentication service. Bababebi comes highly recommended.

+1 on bababebi
Unfortunately, the forum no longer has authentication for Hermes items. You would need to contact a paid authentication service. Bababebi comes highly recommended.
Sometimes I just want a "light auth check" meaning "I don't see anything glaring but you should still get her to check it after purchasing", in case something is obviously fake. I wish there was a thread for that.

Reactions: Buildingprofile
Sometimes I just want a "light auth check" meaning "I don't see anything glaring but you should still get her to check it after purchasing", in case something is obviously fake. I wish there was a thread for that.
I agree with this - you can TRY the FB H sales groups, but my experience watching those threads is that nearly everything that gets posted there for quick auth checks quickly come back with many "FAKE!" or "SUCH BAD STITCHING LOL" responses, understandably without much more explanation for fear of educating the scamming resellers on what to look for. I'd want them to be accurate, of course, but I've been tempted to post a real bag up to stress test if these people actually know what they're talking about, or if they're so preconditioned to label everything fake (and yet they buy and sell on these groups regularly?)

Has anyone seen any posts that I can read to educate myself on the "heat stamp" of the logo on our bags? I was impressed to learn that there's a whole science behind it. I'm not referring to the date code.... I'm talking about the HERMES Paris logo. Wanted to learn more about how that heat stamp is different than embossing, etc.

Wow - hope they have proof to back that up bc now fbs has attacked a business’ reputation.
True, although it's a business (PP) that has told tPF members they don't want our business (collectively, all of us!) and that we are all "bored housewives". I'm not certain either are nice people.

H

I like to wear greys, whites, blacks and pinks. Depending on season I will wear brown/ bronze, orange , purple, and greens. I have a neutral undertone. I can do both warm cool colours. I wear dresses for work and for casual wear I’ll go for short and long dresses, denim shorts or jeans. I would like to wear my Kelly out for dining, shopping and occasionally work.

Has anyone seen any posts that I can read to educate myself on the "heat stamp" of the logo on our bags? I was impressed to learn that there's a whole science behind it. I'm not referring to the date code.... I'm talking about the HERMES Paris logo. Wanted to learn more about how that heat stamp is different than embossing, etc.
Or more broadly, has anyone seen any videos or articles that show the qualities that make an H bag an H bag? Like, what's saddle stitching vs. not, and side by side comparisons of how different it looks? I can see the slight diagonals on some bags, but the zoom-in resolutions on Sotheby's listings are amazing and the diagonal is not as apparent, especially on the sides and bottoms. Want to learn to appreciate the details more, partly to learn how to spot fakes.

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/fas...e-Mini-Evelyne-TPM-16-Palladium-Hardware-2022

Or more broadly, has anyone seen any videos or articles that show the qualities that make an H bag an H bag? Like, what's saddle stitching vs. not, and side by side comparisons of how different it looks? I can see the slight diagonals on some bags, but the zoom-in resolutions on Sotheby's listings are amazing and the diagonal is not as apparent, especially on the sides and bottoms. Want to learn to appreciate the details more, partly to learn how to spot fakes.

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/fas...e-Mini-Evelyne-TPM-16-Palladium-Hardware-2022

I think I speak on behalf of many members here when I say that this information is not something that should be public knowledge. Unfortunately, there are people who use this information for illicit purposes. I love helping people learn about Hermès, but when it comes to details like these, I believe it is more prudent and gratifying to do one’s own research. Though, I do admire your zeal in wanting to learn about and appreciate these things!