ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

I have been looking at catalogs for what I believe is a Continental Clutch, the closest I found is a 4886 from 96/97 but this one has many more credit card slots on both sides, it is not the same. Any idea were I should be looking, still 90s or later? TIA as always.View attachment 5741663View attachment 5741664View attachment 5741665View attachment 5741666
French Purse #4888 ?? Link below from the vintage catalog thread! It’s the third attached pic.

Eta, it was offered going back, from at least Holiday ‘94 :smile:

Last edited:
Thank you so much, I am sure that went over that page. I guess I need new glasses or use the zoom.
It’s hard to really make out the details especially glancing at the thumbnails. I even missed it with a paper catalog because I missed the tab due to the dark color of the wallet in the photo. And sometimes the wallet is positioned in a way that shows fewer details. I tried to hone in those horizontal card holders.
At any rate I enjoyed starting my Saturday with coffee and a successful vintage wallet hunt! So thank you! And my friend thanks you because I also ended up finally finding the catalog pic for a Madison key case she thrifted! :yes:

Last edited:
Hi! I have this Coach tote tagged Violet/Orchid, & what a seller assured me was a matching wallet. It's pretty, but not a match, & I was wondering if anyone would like to take a stab at the color the wallet might be? In the light, it can look pink or purple, same as the tote, but the wallet is lighter than the tote. I tried to take a picture representative of each color, but I know everyone's monitor could be different, just looking for some colors to research.
Thanks so much :smile:

20230319_125651_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Hi! I'm looking for some help in indentifying the color of the Coach wallet pictured below, the Coach bag next to it is Violet/Orchid, & the wallet was sold to me as matching from another site, which it doesn't, but the wallet is very pretty & I'd like to buy a bag to match it :smile:. I've tried to take the photo to represent the actual colors of each, I understand everyone's monitor is different, but any help is appreciated :smile:

Last edited:
Hi! I have this Coach tote tagged Violet/Orchid, & what a seller assured me was a matching wallet. It's pretty, but not a match, & I was wondering if anyone would like to take a stab at the color the wallet might be? In the light, it can look pink or purple, same as the tote, but the wallet is lighter than the tote. I tried to take a picture representative of each color, but I know everyone's monitor could be different, just looking for some colors to research.

View attachment 5744050
First we need to figure out what color wallet you have. Unfortunately coach doesn't use color code but you maybe able to figure it out by the serial number. Look for a tag with serial number inside the wallet.

Reactions: closetofpurses

View attachment 5744050

First we need to figure out what color wallet you have. Unfortunately coach doesn't use color code but you maybe able to figure it out by the serial number. Look for a tag with serial number inside the wallet.
Sometimes, what Coach calls the same color might actually be a different color on a different style.

In the examples of your bag and wallet, the bag is pebbled leather and the wallet appears to be crossgrain leather. So even if they called both "violet orchid" (which I'm not sure of), the color on each can differ.

Off to search but as @houseof999 suggested, look inside the pockets of the wallet to see if there's a small white tag with 2 rows of numbers/letters.

ETA: Here's a page from Coach showing violet orchid as pinker than your bag:

I believe your item is Crossgrain leather accordion zip wallet, style 54007.

1679334848166.png

This is a no longer viewable item that was on ebay:
Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 1.57.23 PM.png

Last edited:
Thank you so much @houseof999 & @BeenBurned! To see the Ebay auction with the wallet that looks exactly like mine with the tag saves me a lot of trouble looking for a matching bag for it :biggrin:. I never thought about that the color would change between the pebbled leather & crossgrain, but it makes complete sense. Even more interesting, I found another Violet/Orchid wallet that's also crossgrain, the hardware is not silver, it's dark colored & with a "C" only on the front, & also has a wrist strap. In the auction, I thought it looked much closer to the color of the tote, & when I received it, it IS a much closer match. But I love both wallets & got good deals on them, so I'll keep them both :smile:. I appreciate all of your help :love:

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 6.47.51 PM.png

Thank you so much @houseof999 & @BeenBurned! To see the Ebay auction with the wallet that looks exactly like mine with the tag saves me a lot of trouble looking for a matching bag for it :biggrin:. I never thought about that the color would change between the pebbled leather & crossgrain, but it makes complete sense. Even more interesting, I found another Violet/Orchid wallet that's also crossgrain, the hardware is not silver, it's dark colored & with a "C" only on the front, & also has a wrist strap. In the auction, I thought it looked much closer to the color of the tote, & when I received it, it IS a much closer match. But I love both wallets & got good deals on them, so I'll keep them both :smile:. I appreciate all of your help :love:

View attachment 5744945
While I was searching for your item, I did find that some styles came with gunmetal hardware.

Reactions: Jacynthe

View attachment 5744945
Even items with the same color name and same type of leather can vary greatly in color. Even items from the same line.