Waitinglist for Birkin, how long did you had to wait?

I got my first Birkin Bag when I was 25, which has a special story,
xx
members are not allowed to post links to their blogs in posts.

So, I had to wait for 9 months! I could even wait for over a year, because I know, that those bags are not running away and it's always worth to wait! :smile:

How long did you had to wait for a Birkin bag? I hear around, it's going to be more and more expensive every year 10%!!! My mom got it around 7 years before me, which was maybe around 40 % cheaper! Then my aunt who got it a year after me, which was 10% more!!!

Have fun to read Sonya's blog! :smile:

F.
I've been waiting since 2019 for a store offer...

Resellers are just big spending clients, they buy a lot of stuff in order to get access to the bags. Many people go to a reseller to avoid the wait you've both described. It's usually less expensive than building a purchase history at a store. If you're tired of waiting or don't want to buy things to "move up the list" there are bags out there.

I wouldn't report resellers to the store, at my local store a client reported another client as a reseller incorrectly and it wasn't a good look. It made her seem competitive and petty in addition to being wrong.
In 2023 does it make more sense to go the reseller route if I'm not looking to spend 3:1 for a bag? The most that I could see myself spending is 2:1 for a B or K and I'm wondering if that's just unrealistic given how competitive H is these days.
I do know personally a few Hermes shoppers and they have spent much more than 1:1 for Bs or Ks in neutral colors. I'm open to most colors in smaller sizes. I've received non quota bags but I haven't committed to going down the journey for the B or K yet. I'm in the US if that helps.

In 2023 does it make more sense to go the reseller route if I'm not looking to spend 3:1 for a bag? The most that I could see myself spending is 2:1 for a B or K and I'm wondering if that's just unrealistic given how competitive H is these days.
I do know personally a few Hermes shoppers and they have spent much more than 1:1 for Bs or Ks in neutral colors. I'm open to most colors in smaller sizes. I've received non quota bags but I haven't committed to going down the journey for the B or K yet. I'm in the US if that helps.
I think with the smaller sizes it’s definitely harder to get - at least for B. Do you have any important events coming up? Make sure your SA know, my SA told me that they like to celebrate clients special occasion because Hermes is a family business. Good luck!

Reactions: Izzie07
yes, unless you truly love non leather boutique items
I buy both reseller and boutique and my home store is Madison Ave
i do not believe that 2:1 will guarantee timely offers in smaller, neutral toned QBs
by the time my boutique found the perfect B25 sellier in gold, I happened to be 5X rising.
I did get other offers for B30s well before that, but rejected them as I have enough in that size already
there are of course many who say that prespend is a myth, but experiences differ

Last edited:
I think with the smaller sizes it’s definitely harder to get - at least for B. Do you have any important events coming up? Make sure your SA know, my SA told me that they like to celebrate clients special occasion because Hermes is a family business. Good luck!
Thank you that's good to know! I'll hint to my SA that I am wanting a B25 for my birthday and try to build my profile more :smile:. I know I'm not a big spender at my boutique so I'm also considering going to preloved or reseller route.

I waited about 9 months for a second Q offer - just under 1x spend but turned it down because it just wasn't a colour I wanted. And mind you, it was a hot colour that other people want. I have to wait a 4-6 weeks for nonQB requests, shoes are the damn hardest coz I have big feet and I live in Asia. :biggrin:

I'm about 10 months waiting for the spec I have requested, which is a B35 Black w GHW. It's proving difficult coz most orders are B25 and B30 at my store. Happy to wait tho coz I have a Tokyo and 2 Paris trips coming up.

yes, unless you truly love non leather boutique items
I buy both reseller and boutique and my home store is Madison Ave
i do not believe that 2:1 will guarantee timely offers in smaller, neutral toned QBs
by the time my boutique found the perfect B25 sellier in gold, I happened to be 5X rising.
I did get other offers for B30s well before that, but rejected them as I have enough in that size already
there are of course many who say that prespend is a myth, but experiences differ

Oh wow, yes it's super competitive these days. Congrats on your offers, a B25 sellier is the dream! :loveeyes: I will continue to purchase at my store, but I know that I'm not a big spender at my boutique so a B25 or K25 may be tough. Do you have any recommendations for reputable resellers? Apologies if this has been discussed at length already. The ones I was considering was: Prive Porter, Madison Avenue Couture, Saclab, or maybe even Sothebys. Would appreciate your opinion, thanks!

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
Oh wow, yes it's super competitive these days. Congrats on your offers, a B25 sellier is the dream! :loveeyes: I will continue to purchase at my store, but I know that I'm not a big spender at my boutique so a B25 or K25 may be tough. Do you have any recommendations for reputable resellers? Apologies if this has been discussed at length already. The ones I was considering was: Prive Porter, Madison Avenue Couture, Saclab, or maybe even Sothebys. Would appreciate your opinion, thanks!
Thanks

@Izzie07 - I’m moving this post to discuss resellers bc it’s OT and I will tag you there.

there is a discuss reseller thread here:

also, you can plug into the search function ( upper right magnifying glass) the name of the reseller you are considering.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Izzie07
I waited about 9 months for a second Q offer - just under 1x spend but turned it down because it just wasn't a colour I wanted. And mind you, it was a hot colour that other people want. I have to wait a 4-6 weeks for nonQB requests, shoes are the damn hardest coz I have big feet and I live in Asia. :biggrin:

I'm about 10 months waiting for the spec I have requested, which is a B35 Black w GHW. It's proving difficult coz most orders are B25 and B30 at my store. Happy to wait tho coz I have a Tokyo and 2 Paris trips coming up.
I read somewhere on the Tokyo store thread that they offer B35s to the first few people in line everyday. Maybe try your luck there!!

Paris stores will love your B35 request - if you can't get an appointment, try to let whoever you're shopping with know that's all you want. I'm not saying it's easy, but it's much easier than a pink K25 ;)