EU Chatting and Stalking

Thanks for all the info, Mary! DrTr said the same thing about Epsom, that she wasn't a fan. What is box leather? So it's rare these days?
Box leather is their smooth leather, most of their vintage bags come in box. It is very prone to show marks and scratches, but with the use they blends and it is quite easy to restore.
I’ve sent all my Kellys to get leather treatment in October and they are slowly coming back from Paris. My oldest is from 1969. The good thing about H is that they will always service their bags, no matter how old or if bought preloved. They won’t service only if someone outside H has worked on it (f.i. replacement of handle or other parts).
Box and Barenia are quite rare these days because H has some difficulties in finding leather that stand up to their quality standards, so they prefer to offer less items with these leathers rather than releasing items that they consider of inferior quality.

Box leather is their smooth leather, most of their vintage bags come in box. It is very prone to show marks and scratches, but with the use they blends and it is quite easy to restore.
I’ve sent all my Kellys to get leather treatment in October and they are slowly coming back from Paris. My oldest is from 1969. The good thing about H is that they will always service their bags, no matter how old or if bought preloved. They won’t service only if someone outside H has worked on it (f.i. replacement of handle or other parts).
Box and Barenia are quite rare these days because H has some difficulties in finding leather that stand up to their quality standards, so they prefer to offer less items with these leathers rather than releasing items that they consider of inferior quality.
Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure your bags are beautiful. :love:

Currently in Paris and visited the LV dream museum! Spent €140 on the LV chocolates haha!
Can’t find any of the bags on my list but did try this Coussin which I think is the Middle East exclusive one? I cannot find it anywhere online and while I’m tempted I’m worried about colour transfer. What do you think?

View attachment 5743353

View attachment 5743354

View attachment 5743355

View attachment 5743356

View attachment 5743357

View attachment 5743358

View attachment 5743359
That bag is stunning!

The finish on that coussin is gorgeous! The Métis is probably more everyday but does it make your heart sing? I personally have a lot of everyday bags so I would get the coussin especially on a trip to Paris!
I was really surprised with the Metis, but there’s something about the Coussin even though my intention was an every day bag. I even tried the chain as a choker necklace and it worked with the mother of pearl sections to it. Maybe I’ll get both :lol: :loveeyes:

I was really surprised with the Metis, but there’s something about the Coussin even though my intention was an every day bag. I even tried the chain as a choker necklace and it worked with the mother of pearl sections to it. Maybe I’ll get both :lol: :loveeyes:
The Metis seems to be a more practical everyday bag, and probably holds more. But the Coussin is absolutely gorgeous so I support your choice to get both.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Let’s move on to the nicer unboxing now ;) After I got the nautical NF, I’ve been wanting the matching wallet so badly :drool::facepalm::giggle: one week long I was trying to convince myself that I didn’t need it, because I already have the Clemence and the daily cardholder in DA with rose ballerine lining, but it didn’t help - I continued checking the website every day, whether the nautical Victorine was still available :loveeyes::panic: finally this week I’ve just given up and ordered it - and here she is! Looks even more beautiful irl as on the pics (I didn’t have a chance to see her in store as they didn’t have any stock) :girlsigh: sorry for spamming you with pics! :loveeyes:
View attachment 5742530
View attachment 5742531
View attachment 5742532
View attachment 5742535
View attachment 5742536
View attachment 5742537
View attachment 5742538
Gorgeous wallet :loveeyes: I love the Victorine wallet, it’s the perfect size I think. Since I got in in DA from the studs collection last year, I have to pass this one. But very cute!!

Love the metis on you. Matches perfectly with your outfit :loveeyes: but is more a casual, everyday bag. The Coussin is gorgeous in gold will go with a lot more because it's a neutral colour. Which one did you gravitate towards more?
More towards the Coussin as it’s just such a gorgeous piece. I asked the SA why they had it when it’s the Middle East exclusive piece and they said a few get to some of the flagship boutiques. It would definitely be a piece to remember my trip to Paris! The Metis is much better than a expected to would be the more carefree bag out of the two :panic: