Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @Living.la.vida.fifi for a wonderful and comprehensive introduction. I spent last year working on my Dmitri "family" of scarves so I am excited for this theme. Don't think I know Rybalchenko, pere's designs well at all so that will be fun too... Starting the week with Varangues, a design I had to have because it was so reminiscent of my tropical island childhood. I have both light and a navy cw-- posting the navy as a good transitional scarf from neutrals week... (and butterflies! to remind us spring is coming...)
Varangues 3.jpgVarangues (navy).jpeg

Thank you, @Cookiefiend , for leading us in Neutrals week. I'm finishing up this week with one of my earliest, and most favorite neutrals, Les Poulains by Xavier de Poret.

View attachment 5743258
Gorgeous with the pearls! I am so envious of your Porets @Redbirdhermes! Color me a non-neutral shade of green! One day...
Beautiful CW! Congratulations! I couldn't "get" this design at first and struggled to understand its overwelming popularity for quite some time - until one ended up in my lap by accident (it happens!)... And it was an epiphany - geez, it is gorgeous indeed! :smile:)) lack of defined borders and the balance of consistently arranged detail makes it for a magnificent scarf to work with when draping and tieing! I am a convert now:smile:
Thank you! I am glad you were so lucky @Ashanti_Rose! I despaired of ever getting one unless I was prepared to sell a kidney...
I have had the great fortune to acquire La Cite Cavaliere (forgive the lack of French accent marks) in my grail colorwsy from a dear friend. Sending :hugs: to her.
Tied two ways, the first a bias fold and the second, SOTD with my first successful Angel Wing knot! :ty:Used a CdA instead of a trio because my trio isn’t quite big enough. I’m in heaven:hbeat:
View attachment 5743348
View attachment 5743346
Well, you know I could not love this more @Karenska! The second Angel Wing tie with the cameo is brilliant.
Now that‘s a very happy grail mail, major congratulations on this treasure!
Thank you and yes, indeed! I am one grateful scarfie @Croisette7. It is a very beautiful silk...My fairy scarfmother was on duty that day!
Today - a few I haven’t shown yet!

Navy is a great neutral - a little softer than black!
Le Sacre Saisons
View attachment 5743529
Tout en Carre
View attachment 5743533
And a couple moussies - cuz they’re my favorites ❤️
New Springs (this thing is amazing)
View attachment 5743532
Soleil
View attachment 5743531
And another surprise newtral in Robe Legere - these flowers glow!
SOTD!
View attachment 5743530
Hugs to you all, I hope you had fun!
All beautiful navy stunners and that glorious surprise finish @Cookiefiend! And thank you again for the leadership and fun!
Changed it up to run out to the store and keep my neck warm. Tout en Carre CS losange. I love this baby. And neutral it is.
View attachment 5743539View attachment 5743539
Such lovely colors @Karenska!
:faint:
Grail Mail indeed!! :panic:
(I bet you're over the moon!!!)
You can find me slightly northeast of the moon on Cloud 9 @Cookiefiend but holler if you need me if you wwant to be heard over the rapturous violins...
It’s so beautiful, Ljb, congratulations! I don’t believe I have seen this cw. It’s stunning. So silvery and calm. What a nice transaction. :girlsigh:

Regarding your ‘neutral’ questions, they are questions for the scarf goddesses and gods. :loveeyes: All kidding aside, I think if the top is really bright, then the look will be bright, regardless of neutral scarf. And the same is true in the reverse. At least that’s my humble input.
Thank you @Karenska, and I tend to agree but I kind of enjoy being bewildered by things ...:lol:
..There were so many fabulous neutrals here this week!

Here’s my Etude pour une Parure de Gala worn as a belt with a Mors scarf ring.

View attachment 5743544
Great neutral look @renee_nyc!
what a great neutrals week and super hosting, thank you!

Apparently, I have neutrals after all ;). As I did start the week by asserting that leopards are a neutral, here’s a couple of mine:

View attachment 5743602
A version of Coco’s double wrap (with a mother of pearl chain d’ancre to secure the two ends together, and using those short tails to knot around behind the long ones)

View attachment 5743605
And my new vert noir :love:
The double wrap is stunning @Lellabelle and congratulations again on your new vert noir. Such a beauty...
Trying to highlight the neutral black and white in Regarde Paris for Theme.
View attachment 5743719
Love this design and this whole look is great @Nomad. Red is a great base for neutrals!
This color way of Dans un Jardin anglais is magical. I may know who it’s coming from :smile:
Thank you for your kind words and the green top is JCrew.
:lol: You are attuned to the magic scarf molecules in the sky @Maedi. I am overjoyed to have it and I believe my source is equally over the moon so it is lovely two-awy magic! Love the top -- I think I may have the white and will probably go back for more...
Another week has come and gone, and I am officially adopting this as my new weekly MO:

View attachment 5743758

A few neutrals got squeaked in despite all the craziness. Lazy Leopardesses in the bronze colorway with grey and beige accents is perfect. :tup:

View attachment 5743761

This warm dusty shade of pink in Zebra Pegasus CSGT is a good neutral pink for me, especially combined with the black and white.

View attachment 5743760

And plenty of neutral beige plays off the brighter greens and yellows in Carnaval des Animaux

View attachment 5743759
Love seeing your new Carnaval @bunnycat! It isn't easy being green, and Kermit has the right idea! :lol:
Huge congrats! It is amazing and looks spectacular on you!
Happy Sunday, dear Scarfies!
Many thanks to @Cookiefiend for so beautifully guiding us through neutrals week!

Today we welcome a new theme:
•19 March 2023: EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN: The myriad designs by Dimitri Rybaltchenko (and his dad)

Once in a while it’s interesting to dedicate a week to explore the work of a specific Hermès artist by examining their work in depth. One that most of us are familiar with, mainly because of his recent oeuvre, is Dimitri Rybaltchenko.
View attachment 5743830

Though this prolific artist has produced a few extraordinary scarves for Hermès’ recent collections, he has been designing for the Maison for almost 30 years. Some of Hermès’ most beloved Grails were created by him. He has also collaborated with Dior, YSL, Fendi, Diptyque and Laguiole, among others.

Many of Rybaltchenko’s designs pay homage to various world cultures and traditions and show ethnic references. Others depict fascinating graphics using a variety of interesting optical illusions, unusual perspectives, surprising points of view and interesting abstract patterns. His imaginative creations are always decorative and visually stunning.

Dimitri’s father is another celebrated Hermès designer: Vladimir Rybaltchenko (1939-2002), who was the grand-nephew of the legendary Philippe Ledoux. Vladimir‘s classic and elegant designs often demonstrate his interest in various cultures and peoples of the world, as well as in meticulous depictions of historical subjects and objects and beautiful renditions of flowers.

View attachment 5743835

This week, we will focus on both Dimitri and Vladimir Rybaltchenko and share the scarves in our collections created by them.

I begin with the most recent Hermès creation by Dimitri Rybaltchenko in my collection: the Spring/Summer 2021 double-sided Clair de Lune. This marvelous design depicts an image of Pegasus on the moon with geometric graphics resembling vector seamless patterns.

View attachment 5743832

View attachment 5743831

I own two designs by Vladimir Rybaltchenko and both are among my favorite classics. This is the 1981 British Heraldry, which presents a display of various British heraldic symbols, coats of arms and armorial patterns on a ground of Gothic architectural motifs.

View attachment 5743833

View attachment 5743834

I am looking forward to a great week where I am sure we will learn a lot about two of Hermès’ most well known and beloved designers. And, as always, we are welcome to share our actual SOTDs and scarf mail here, whether on topic or not.
Beautiful Clair de Lune and intro @Living.la.vida.fifi and thank you for the congrats!
I’m working on organizing my collection, and while my love of Alice Shirley and Jan Bajtlik is no secret I was surprised that Dimitri Rybaltchenko has a pretty solid presence in the scarf drawer.

In a bit of a crossover from neutrals week (sorry for not posting @Cookiefiend !), Vif Argent and Cheval a Caractere separately and together

View attachment 5743918View attachment 5743917View attachment 5743919View attachment 5743921View attachment 5743920
These look great each on their own and as a combination @Snausages!
Welcome to Rybaltchenko week, @Living.la.vida.fifi , and thank you for this marvelous introduction. It is delightful to see the photos of father and son. It so happens that my latest Rybaltchenko acquisition is also Clair de Lune. I passed by introducing this beauty during Shakespeare, Bargains (it was indeed a great bargain), and Neutrals Weeks, but now it is time.

Introducing my new Clair de Lune in marine/blanc/beige, folded with the beautiful beige side out, for my crossover from Neutrals to Rybaltchenko week. Twins with Fifi, of course, and others, I'm sure.

View attachment 5743948
Oh, congratulations-- it is lovely on that neutral side @Redbirdhermes. And of course you have the perfect pearls!
Most recent DR Fresh Paint with the cutest striped hem. Perfect for St. Pat’s and March. Pup bomb to this Sunday. Happy week all!

View attachment 5743953
Love this little gav @lanit-- so pretty and fresh. I am your navy sister-- couldn't resist the striped hem...And your pup is :heart: :heart:

Another week has come and gone, and I am officially adopting this as my new weekly MO:

kermit.jpeg

YES! This! It’s been a week…

Leopards are absolutely neutral! I think we're twins on the bronze one. :tup:
we most certainly are :drinkup:

A few neutrals got squeaked in despite all the craziness. Lazy Leopardesses in the bronze colorway with grey and beige accents is perfect. :tup:

lazyneutral.jpg
Gorgeous on you @bunnycat !

What a pack! I should buy a second one for the wild meetings. Superb idea !
thank you, @Coco2606 ! I folded it so as to get both the leopards with their tongues poking out featured. One cheeky leopard looks sassy. Two of them together look… thirsty? It’s definitely bordering on silly!

Magnificent neutrals!

Your Leopardesses is a stunning beauty, @Lellabelle!
You’ve wrapped and styled it perfectly! Congrats!

The double wrap is stunning @Lellabelle and congratulations again on your new vert noir. Such a beauty...

Thank you for the lovely comments! I do love my big cats and these languorous ladies are luscious indeed! :heart:

I had been meaning to wear this recently. It is rarely worn sadly. After seeing dear @Karenska adding this to her collection last week ( Congratulations!) I knew I had to make it happen. I have struggled w these colors for some reason. I guess due to having basically zero brown, ivory, cream, tan in my wardrobe, and it never looking great with other blues. But I had this teal sweater out on top of my sweater chest and it hit me!!!! These would be spectacular together! Now I absolutely LOVE love love this cite. Quick shot while running errands. Did some heavy lifting so I am all red and hot haha.
845C2BC6-5ADB-4A17-A53D-5260BB344474.jpeg

Today - a few I haven’t shown yet!

Navy is a great neutral - a little softer than black!
Le Sacre Saisons
View attachment 5743529
Tout en Carre
View attachment 5743533
And a couple moussies - cuz they’re my favorites ❤️
New Springs (this thing is amazing)
View attachment 5743532
Soleil
View attachment 5743531
And another surprise newtral in Robe Legere - these flowers glow!
SOTD!
View attachment 5743530
Hugs to you all, I hope you had fun!
Beautifully done @Cookiefiend. I am particularly taken with the Le Sacre Saisons. Black is a no-no for me, especially close to my face. Would you say the contast colour is white/clear or a softer light cream colour?

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Status
Not open for further replies.