Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD L‘Intrus for springy weather today

View attachment 5743106
I’ve always loved this huge mish-mash of birds… What a great CW!

First a big thanks to dear @Cookiefiend for guiding us through this wonderful week! You always are both an inspiration and lots of fun! :hugs:
And my last two contributions for this week: yesterday I wore my new grail-scarf. I am so happy that I found it in this CW for a decent price. Double sided La Cavalleria Favolosa worn with the blue and white side out and the other side only blinking out at the knot. Big love. Please ignore the tired look. I definitely needed more coffee. And a bit more Mascara. :lol:
And the second one is also ntm. I have looked for a Jeu des Omnibus et des Dames Blanches for some time. I only wanted special colors and I wanted the newer design with those graphic lines on top. Then I found two! A 90 and a gavroche ;)
Today the gavroche in soft grey, green and teal.
View attachment 5743126View attachment 5743127
Love both… After having gotten my orange Cavalleria I realized perhaps I should’ve bought your CW… And, I adore Jeu des Omnibus Remix with its great menswear vibe… I own the blues CW but should’ve collected more… It ties beautifully

A huge thank you to @Cookiefiend for Neutrals and Patent-Pending Mixed Neutrals week and to everyone for sharing their beauties and enlarging my color "vocabulary" as it were. I ended the week with some silky existential questions to ponder: does a neutral scarf make a bright top neutral? Does a neutral top make a bright scarf neutral? Hmmm. Its a puzzlement, but a beautiful one to consider!
My closing contribution is also Grail Mail. Here is my new-to-me Dans un Jardin Anglais in a beautiful neutral cw. It has travelled all the way from Switzerland to find a permanent home...(and some equally grail-ly mail arrived in Switzerland for a quite magical scarf trade :heart: ) and thank you to @Coco2606 for advocating powder blue as a neutral.
View attachment 5743153
Huge congrats! It is amazing and looks spectacular on you!

Thank you, @Cookiefiend , for leading us in Neutrals week. I'm finishing up this week with one of my earliest, and most favorite neutrals, Les Poulains by Xavier de Poret.

View attachment 5743258
Such a beautiful scarf and I love that irregular mix of pearls

I have had the great fortune to acquire La Cite Cavaliere (forgive the lack of French accent marks) in my grail colorwsy from a dear friend. Sending :hugs: to her.
Tied two ways, the first a bias fold and the second, SOTD with my first successful Angel Wing knot! :ty:Used a CdA instead of a trio because my trio isn’t quite big enough. I’m in heaven:hbeat:
View attachment 5743348
View attachment 5743346
Tried this CW on at the boutique and immediately fell in love. Didn’t take it because I had recently purchased Cosmographia in a very similar CW and now I want to rehome that Cosmo… I should’ve purchased this!! It is stunning… Love that hem

Today - a few I haven’t shown yet!

Navy is a great neutral - a little softer than black!
Le Sacre Saisons
View attachment 5743529
Tout en Carre
View attachment 5743533
And a couple moussies - cuz they’re my favorites ❤️
New Springs (this thing is amazing)
View attachment 5743532
Soleil
View attachment 5743531
And another surprise newtral in Robe Legere - these flowers glow!
SOTD!
View attachment 5743530
Hugs to you all, I hope you had fun!
Sigh… all so beautiful! But I must agree about the moussie… It is dreamy!

Changed it up to run out to the store and keep my neck warm. Tout en Carre CS losange. I love this baby. And neutral it is.
View attachment 5743539View attachment 5743539
What a gorgeous winter neutral!

There were so many fabulous neutrals here this week!

Here’s my Etude pour une Parure de Gala worn as a belt with a Mors scarf ring.

View attachment 5743544
Fabulous styling! I love this design… I own two CWs and should've also gotten your black

what a great neutrals week and super hosting, thank you!

Apparently, I have neutrals after all ;). As I did start the week by asserting that leopards are a neutral, here’s a couple of mine:

View attachment 5743602
A version of Coco’s double wrap (with a mother of pearl chain d’ancre to secure the two ends together, and using those short tails to knot around behind the long ones)

View attachment 5743605
And my new vert noir :love:
Magnificent neutrals!

Trying to highlight the neutral black and white in Regarde Paris for Theme.
View attachment 5743719
One of my favorite color combos… I’ve always adored this design… Maybe some day!

Another week has come and gone, and I am officially adopting this as my new weekly MO:

View attachment 5743758

A few neutrals got squeaked in despite all the craziness. Lazy Leopardesses in the bronze colorway with grey and beige accents is perfect. :tup:

View attachment 5743761

This warm dusty shade of pink in Zebra Pegasus CSGT is a good neutral pink for me, especially combined with the black and white.

View attachment 5743760

And plenty of neutral beige plays off the brighter greens and yellows in Carnaval des Animaux

View attachment 5743759
So many beauties! But my fav is the ZP triangle… Gorgeous on you!

Hi silk lovers,
Out of theme here but I need your help to identify this .. (I posted it on the plisse thread but was deleted). Any input will be greatly appreciated:

I am quite sure Lagarde is wearing a Hermes scarf but what is the design? Thank you

Reactions: shrpthorn
Happy Sunday, dear Scarfies!
Many thanks to @Cookiefiend for so beautifully guiding us through neutrals week!

Today we welcome a new theme:
•19 March 2023: EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN: The myriad designs by Dimitri Rybaltchenko (and his dad)

Once in a while it’s interesting to dedicate a week to explore the work of a specific Hermès artist by examining their work in depth. One that most of us are familiar with, mainly because of his recent oeuvre, is Dimitri Rybaltchenko.
E6EC0CF8-18C3-4C1A-9F5A-872CB01404B0.jpeg

Though this prolific artist has produced a few extraordinary scarves for Hermès’ recent collections, he has been designing for the Maison for almost 30 years. Some of Hermès’ most beloved Grails were created by him. He has also collaborated with Dior, YSL, Fendi, Diptyque and Laguiole, among others.

Many of Rybaltchenko’s designs pay homage to various world cultures and traditions and show ethnic references. Others depict fascinating graphics using a variety of interesting optical illusions, unusual perspectives, surprising points of view and interesting abstract patterns. His imaginative creations are always decorative and visually stunning.

Dimitri’s father is another celebrated Hermès designer: Vladimir Rybaltchenko (1939-2002), who was the grand-nephew of the legendary Philippe Ledoux. Vladimir‘s classic and elegant designs often demonstrate his interest in various cultures and peoples of the world, as well as in meticulous depictions of historical subjects and objects and beautiful renditions of flowers.

30B87295-16D8-4D92-9FAF-4AD324272512.jpeg

This week, we will focus on both Dimitri and Vladimir Rybaltchenko and share the scarves in our collections created by them.

I begin with the most recent Hermès creation by Dimitri Rybaltchenko in my collection: the Spring/Summer 2021 double-sided Clair de Lune. This marvelous design depicts an image of Pegasus on the moon with geometric graphics resembling vector seamless patterns.

5779868A-95E4-4783-9ABB-FE8928159D52.jpeg

090D56D1-34CE-4381-9D82-7856622E1005.jpeg

I own two designs by Vladimir Rybaltchenko and both are among my favorite classics. This is the 1981 British Heraldry, which presents a display of various British heraldic symbols, coats of arms and armorial patterns on a ground of Gothic architectural motifs.

51D4C978-6676-4203-87C8-D5E51FEF4520.jpeg

5845FEB7-C6B7-4522-A5C7-AD327472EE86.jpeg

I am looking forward to a great week where I am sure we will learn a lot about two of Hermès’ most well known and beloved designers. And, as always, we are welcome to share our actual SOTDs and scarf mail here, whether on topic or not.

Last edited:
what a great neutrals week and super hosting, thank you!

Apparently, I have neutrals after all ;). As I did start the week by asserting that leopards are a neutral, here’s a couple of mine:

View attachment 5743602
A version of Coco’s double wrap (with a mother of pearl chain d’ancre to secure the two ends together, and using those short tails to knot around behind the long ones)

View attachment 5743605
And my new vert noir :love:
Your Leopardesses is a stunning beauty, @Lellabelle!
You’ve wrapped and styled it perfectly! Congrats!

Many thanks to @Cookiefiend for so beautifully guiding us through neutrals week!

•19 March 2023: EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN: The myriad designs by Dimitri Rybaltchenko (and his dad)

Once in a while it’s interesting to dedicate a week to explore the work of a specific Hermès artist by examining their work in depth. One that most of us are familiar with, mainly because of his recent oeuvre, is Dimitri Rybaltchenko.
View attachment 5743830

Though this prolific artist has produced a few extraordinary scarves for Hermès’ recent collections, he has been designing for the Maison for almost 30 years. Some of Hermès’ most beloved Grails were created by him. He has also collaborated with Dior, YSL, Fendi, Diptyque and Laguiole, among others.

Many of Rybaltchenko’s designs pay homage to various world cultures and traditions and show ethnic references. Others depict fascinating graphics using a variety of interesting optical illusions, unusual perspectives, surprising points of view and interesting abstract patterns. His imaginative creations are always decorative and visually stunning.

Dimitri’s father is another celebrated Hermès designer: Vladimir Rybaltchenko (1939-2002), who was the grand-nephew of the legendary Philippe Ledoux. Vladimir‘s classic and elegant designs often demonstrate his interest in various cultures and peoples of the world, as well as in meticulous depictions of historical subjects and objects and beautiful renditions of flowers.

View attachment 5743835

This week, we will focus on both Dimitri and Vladimir Rybaltchenko and share the scarves in our collections created by them.

I begin with the most recent Hermès creation by Dimitri Rybaltchenko in my collection: the Spring/Summer 2021 double-sided Clair de Lune. This marvelous design depicts an image of Pegasus on the moon with geometric graphics resembling vector seamless patterns.

View attachment 5743832

View attachment 5743831

I own two designs by Vladimir Rybaltchenko and both are among my favorite classics. This is the 1981 British Heraldry, which presents a display of various British heraldic symbols, coats of arms and armorial patterns on a ground of Gothic architectural motifs.

View attachment 5743833

View attachment 5743834

I am looking forward to a great week where I am sure we will learn a lot about two of Hermès’ most well known and beloved designers. And, as always, we are welcome to share our actual SOTDs and scarf mail here, whether on topic or not.
Good morning! I have always regretted not choosing this lovely colorway of Clair de Lune and it’s a beauty against the white top.

View attachment 5743830

View attachment 5743835

View attachment 5743832

View attachment 5743831

View attachment 5743833

View attachment 5743834

Thank you @Living.la.vida.fifi for a fun intro - love the photos and never knew DR was a redhead, and what a twinkle in his eye! Apologies to past hostesses… the themes have been challenging for me. I should be able to make up for lost time!

I’m working on organizing my collection, and while my love of Alice Shirley and Jan Bajtlik is no secret I was surprised that Dimitri Rybaltchenko has a pretty solid presence in the scarf drawer.

In a bit of a crossover from neutrals week (sorry for not posting @Cookiefiend !), Vif Argent and Cheval a Caractere separately and together

93FFA59E-B855-4B59-A463-720E98698A9F.jpeg76B87DB9-F1EB-42B3-A938-8D561ECC4F04.jpeg884ED795-6263-4CB2-90D1-49A46F2646E8.jpeg3AB85F31-4E4D-4A09-B19B-2DB9EE330353.jpeg5A68BCE0-2DFB-46D7-85F1-651020474C4C.jpeg

View attachment 5743830

View attachment 5743835

View attachment 5743832

View attachment 5743831

View attachment 5743833

View attachment 5743834

A wonderful introduction, Fifi, lots of interesting information, too, and I look forward to seeing and showing the creations of our père et fils duo. I love how you tied CdL - it’s a triangle fold with a CdA, yes?

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi

Love both… After having gotten my orange Cavalleria I realized perhaps I should’ve bought your CW… And, I adore Jeu des Omnibus Remix with its great menswear vibe… I own the blues CW but should’ve collected more… It ties beautifully

Tried this CW on at the boutique and immediately fell in love. Didn’t take it because I had recently purchased Cosmographia in a very similar CW and now I want to rehome that Cosmo… I should’ve purchased this!! It is stunning… Love that hem

Fabulous styling! I love this design… I own two CWs and should've also gotten your black

Magnificent neutrals!

One of my favorite color combos… I’ve always adored this design… Maybe some day!

:ty:, dear Fifi! I liked many cws of LCC including @Cookiefiend ‘s brown and creme but the one that stole my heart was this cw. It was worth the wait, for sure.

Hi silk lovers,
Out of theme here but I need your help to identify this .. (I posted it on the plisse thread but was deleted). Any input will be greatly appreciated:

I am quite sure Lagarde is wearing a Hermes scarf but what is the design? Thank you

Hi, @CaviarChanel
You can try posting your query in this scarf identification thread:

I’m working on organizing my collection, and while my love of Alice Shirley and Jan Bajtlik is no secret I was surprised that Dimitri Rybaltchenko has a pretty solid presence in the scarf drawer.

In a bit of a crossover from neutrals week (sorry for not posting @Cookiefiend !), Vif Argent and Cheval a Caractere separately and together

View attachment 5743918View attachment 5743917View attachment 5743919View attachment 5743921View attachment 5743920
Love all of these looks, Snausages.

Reactions: Snausages

Magnificent neutrals!

Thank you kindly fifi!

View attachment 5743830

View attachment 5743835

View attachment 5743832

View attachment 5743831

View attachment 5743833

View attachment 5743834

ooooh- fabulous intro fifi! It's definitely a like father like son moment there in those photos!

View attachment 5743918View attachment 5743917View attachment 5743919View attachment 5743921View attachment 5743920
Fabulous pics Snausages!

Welcome to Rybaltchenko week, @Living.la.vida.fifi , and thank you for this marvelous introduction. It is delightful to see the photos of father and son. It so happens that my latest Rybaltchenko acquisition is also Clair de Lune. I passed by introducing this beauty during Shakespeare, Bargains (it was indeed a great bargain), and Neutrals Weeks, but now it is time.

Introducing my new Clair de Lune in marine/blanc/beige, folded with the beautiful beige side out, for my crossover from Neutrals to Rybaltchenko week. Twins with Fifi, of course, and others, I'm sure.

20230319_100217.jpg

View attachment 5743830

View attachment 5743835

View attachment 5743832

View attachment 5743831

View attachment 5743833

View attachment 5743834

Such a great start and tribute to DR Fifi! Pulled mine out and will take some snaps as soon as light is better. Don’t think I have any Vlad but it’s great to see his designs this week! Xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.