Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Hello. I am unable to find any link for the purchase this bag. Only my purchase price. Sorry!

Genuine,and looks like a style 4022 Duffle Drawstring from the Lightweight line made in the early 1990s
4022_Duffle Drawstring-Lightweights-1990 winter prev.jpg

Hello Authenticators. Would you please have a look at this Sonoma drawstring. It's sold by whatnotshoppe on eBay. The link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/255959874682
By the seller's measurements, this would be the medium drawstring version in natural grain. I found it in the Holiday Preview 1994 Part 1 but it was listed only in the color black. The small drawstring in natural grain is listed in 3 colors.
Another concern is the inside zipper pocket. Thank you in advance
It's fine. Not all colors show in all catalogs. What is your concern about the inside zipper pocket?

Reactions: Jacynthe

The Daria48 Fake Coach Numbers List that's included in the Salearea Guides thread has shown "J8P-" serial prefixes in bags with United States creeds as "ALWAYS FAKE" for a very long time now. If the creed wording in a bag with "J8P-" actually states that it was made in Costa Rica, there's a good chance that it's genuine.

Plant codes in serial numbers can be faked just like any other part of a serial number. That's just one of several reasons why we don't post lists of plant codes.

Last edited:
Hello!
I bought this Coach bag from a friend of my friend. But I am not sure if this is a real thing. Looks like Swagger 27. I was told
that the story patch has all the numbers as zero because it was originally a gift from a fashion designer who works in NYC.

size is: Size : 27 x 14 x 20 Cm

There are 2 inside pockets. 1 with a zip closure and other with a button closure but the other Swagger bags don't have a button closure.

I have several Coach bags and this looks and feels a bit different.

Would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
View attachment 5743224

View attachment 5743230
View attachment 5743217
View attachment 5743218View attachment 5743219View attachment 5743221View attachment 5743223
View attachment 5743225View attachment 5743226View attachment 5743228View attachment 5743229View attachment 5743227
If you search the Coach subforum here on TPF, you'll find multiple posts and requests on "sample," "employee gifts," "runway shows" or otherwise non-retail items that have claimed to be genuine Coach. They've had various serial numbers including but not limited to 00000-00000, prefix with year/month/plant-00000, prefix with year/month/plant-99999, 99999-99999 and other similar formatted numbers.

Many have year-of-manufacture codes indicating they were made years before styles were introduced or invalid plant codes.

In EVERY case, there's never been any type of documentation or receipt showing that the item is legitimate or indicating the source (sample, prototype, etc.) and in too many cases, there were enough red flags on the items or the sellers that indicated that the items were fake.

Even if an item had/has "correct" construction, stitching, lining, hardware and other hallmarks used to show provenance, 99999 and 00000 style numbers cannot be proven or confirmed authentic.

And even if a buyer likes the bag, it's advised that should she choose to use it, when completed with using it, she shouldn't resell or donate. Sellers have to KNOW that items are authentic and it cannot be authenticated. And to donate is to risk another future buyer getting a fake (at worst) or an item that can't be proven authentic (at best).

Personally, I wouldn't keep such a bag. YMMV.

Hello again ladies. One more beautiful Coach vintage find I bought on PM website. I can’t find her identity anywhere. Authentic? Can you help? Thank you!!

Genuine, possibly a Shoulder Brief, style 5230 from the late 1980s. Here's a 1989 catalog description:
View attachment 5743537

As long as the listing information is still available online, we still need the link.

This is all I could find in my history of the purchase. Will this work? Thank you!!
Check out what I just found: Coach vintage leather luggage purse: Get up to $30 off* when you use my code VFBWWD to sign up for Mercari. *Terms apply #mercari

Item ID: m64034040098
That bag was listed by seller 3GirlsShop on Mercari.

My opinion is that buyers should beware that 3GirlsShop on Mercari doesn't verify her items and although she has some genuine item, she mixes (knowingly or not) fakes too.

Fake: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m33267307446/

Sold fake: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m66561615526/ (Someone spent $129 on this fake!)

Sold fake: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m46182194109/

Sold for $123: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m29513252545/

Sold: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m49219857732/

I haven't gone through all the listings but if I were a gambling gal, I'd bet there are more fakes!

I don't recommend 3GirlsShop

Oh, you're right. I didn't notice that. I still think it is authentic. It might be because this is an early model. I've never seen this particular style so I don't know if they are all like that.

There's a style 4904 Medium Drawstring Natural Grain in my files with a late 1993 4x3 serial number that has a plain inside pocket zipper. So it's a very early production bag. That style wasn't even introduced in the catalog in the Natural Grain version until almost a year later so the one with no leather border around the inside zipper is probably the equivalent of a pilot bag. That's the only 4904 that I have any photos of.

4904_Medium Drawstring Natural Grain 1994 Holiday catalog-d.jpg

While it wasn't really late at night, objectively, after a long day I was headed to bed. Someone, maybe a cat, hit the 'buy it now' button. Thoughts?

Seller: us2015.aksa
Number:204278280105

The cat in question still thinks it looks ok in the light of day. Thank you all!