2023 Resolution: Shopping my Own Bags and SLG Collection

A long standing tradition in this thread is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

• New theme weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show old pictures from previous years to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

So what are the showcases? In the Fall, we group our bags by makers! Feel free to show bags, small leather goods, or however it is easiest to organize!

August 13 - Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta

August 20 - Burberry, Celine

August 27 - Coach, Chanel

September 3 - Chloe, Dior

September 10 - Dooney & Bourke, Fendi

September 17 - Ferragamo, Givenchy

September 24 - Goyard, Gucci

October 1 - Hermes, Kate Spade

October 8 - Loewe, Longchamp

October 15 - Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs

October 22 - Michael Kors, Miu Miu

October 29 - Mulberry, Prada

November 5 - Proenza Schouler, Rebecca Minkoff

November 12 - Saint Laurent, Tods

November 19 - Tory Burch, Valentino

November 26 - Bags by Jewelers: Bulgari, Cartier, Tiffany Co, Van Cleef & Arpels. Alternatively, the pillboxes, compacts and other lovelies made by jewelers that fit in your bag.

December 3 - independent artisans and custom bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Chanel travel luggage sounds lovely. Glad you are still able to use it. I love train travel, even though I haven't been on a train in ages -- in my mind, it is associated with a slower, leisurely pace of life and glamour.

Tote bags do seem popular amongst a lot of us. I need to go look up the Harveys totes as I am not familiar with them. I understand what you mean about shoulders starting to complain. My mom had shoulder pain issues and after a while, she stopped using all her leather luggage, and would only use Vera Bradley duffels and big bags for travel because she said they were the lightest, and had the most pockets for organization.

Backpacks are so practical, being a hands-free option, and I wish I could use them, but I keep thinking that they will be heavier than other carry-on options. I think I could do a mid-sized backpack, but not the very large ones that I sometimes see people travelling with. Do you have any recommendations for a mid-sized backpack with one or two compartments (ideally two main compartments).
This is my travel backpack it has a travel sleeve on the back and multiple pockets inside and out. It is an Mz Wallace Madelyn backpack. I would recommend Tumi also for great travel backpacks.

4A15C6EB-DFF1-4402-8BA5-D5D0F384E5AC.jpeg

This is my travel backpack it has a travel sleeve on the back and multiple pockets inside and out. It is an Mz Wallace Madelyn backpack. I would recommend Tumi also for great travel backpacks.

View attachment 5743458
Thank you! I love everything about this backpack, including the color. Do you buy Mz Wallace directly from their website?

@Sunshine mama, thanks for the pretty pictures! The spring season begins officially in a couple days I believe, and your flower pics and pink bag, and @nyeredzi's Brahmin bag with its happy, spring colors is really putting me in the mood for spring (my favorite season).

Although it's still cold outside here, I am already starting to assemble my spring capsule wardrobe together. Is anyone else looking at their spring wardrobes, and maybe coming up with a shopping list? I realized that for starters, I need new white sneakers, and maybe even new white trousers or jeans.