Does anyone use Poshmark?

Hi. I did a search here using “delete” and couldn’t find anything on this. Has anyone ever deleted their PM account and then later create a new account with a new user name? if so, does PM treat you like a brand new member? Do they retain any info on you like your taxpayer info, your email, etc so that you are not really “new” to them? On their website, PM said they might keep certain info as required by law (don’t know what that means). Thanks
PM allows only 1 account per user. It probably depends on the reasons why account was deleted. If owner deleted it on their own will, they can create a new one, np. If it was a scammer flagged and removed by PM, then you may not be able to create another account (if PM tracks info like IP, phone, email).
Why are you searching for "deleted"? For tax reasons for mega successful sellers who exceed 200 sales and $20000 requirement, for 2022 PM will send 1029-K on all accounts detected for the same SSN or FIN.

• Thanks
Reactions: Iamminda
PM allows only 1 account per user. It probably depends on the reasons why account was deleted. If owner deleted it on their own will, they can create a new one, np. If it was a scammer flagged and removed by PM, then you may not be able to create another account (if PM tracks info like IP, phone, email).
Why are you searching for "deleted"? For tax reasons for mega successful sellers who exceed 200 sales and $20000 requirement, for 2022 PM will send 1029-K on all accounts detected for the same SSN or FIN.

Thanks for your reply. I didn’t know what else to search here for beside “delete” as in how to delete an account. I had an issue where they made a mistake on my account and can’t undo it due to technology limitation. I didn’t do anything wrong so I just want to delete and start fresh. Not sure if it’s possible.

Reactions: GemsBerry
Thanks for your reply. I didn’t know what else to search here for beside “delete” as in how to delete an account. I had an issue where they made a mistake on my account and can’t undo it due to technology limitation. I didn’t do anything wrong so I just want to delete and start fresh. Not sure if it’s possible.
Just to start fresh you may want to use different email and different phone # (not sure how they identify account, it can be by either of them). But I think for IRS reporting they will consolidate all the info on the same ssn (not your case, but if someone has many accounts with the same ssn).

• Thanks
Reactions: Iamminda
Does anyone have any thoughts on the PM auctions? I've seen a lot of chatter blaming them for increased low ball offers, and I have to say I agree to some extent. Low ballers have always existed, but these auctions definitely seem to be encouraging a race to the bottom with regard to prices.
I've had fewer sales since these started.

Anybody having trouble listing? Someone asked a question this morning. I was able to answer her but wanted to add the information to the listing description and add more photos. I've tried on two browsers on the desktop and it just stalls during processing.

Anybody having trouble listing? Someone asked a question this morning. I was able to answer her but wanted to add the information to the listing description and add more photos. I've tried on two browsers on the desktop and it just stalls during processing.
I just edited my listing as a test and it worked. I'm having another issue. using google chrome I can't see my messages and some other stuff. using Edge, it works fine. I reported it to Posh but they didn't have a solution.

I just edited my listing as a test and it worked. I'm having another issue. using google chrome I can't see my messages and some other stuff. using Edge, it works fine. I reported it to Posh but they didn't have a solution.
I'm having different issues since yesterday. My items keep getting disarranged when I'm sharing my closet. I mean I'm pretty consistent and go one by one, I don't jump 2 lines ahead and back, but when shared the closet looks like items are messed up about 5 positions or 2 lines.
It's actually consistent to what you are experiencing. I think some of PM servers have issues.
ETA: oh, at one point the whole closet was not available. I was like whah? Refreshed the page and it was back. Servers for sure.

Reactions: sdkitty and whateve
I'm having different issues since yesterday. My items keep getting disarranged when I'm sharing my closet. I mean I'm pretty consistent and go one by one, I don't jump 2 lines ahead and back, but when shared the closet looks like items are messed up about 5 positions or 2 lines.
It's actually consistent to what you are experiencing. I think some of PM servers have issues.
ETA: oh, at one point the whole closet was not available. I was like whah? Refreshed the page and it was back. Servers for sure.
When you share your closet, it should stay in the same order the listings were shared. If you share something that isn't at the top of your closet, the arrangement in your closet won't update for awhile. Eventually it should but I've had things get rearranged for no reason.

Reactions: GemsBerry
Thanks for checking. I just edited another listing and it worked fine. It is just that particular listing I'm having trouble with.

I usually use Firefox.

It turned out it was the photos causing the problem. I was able to edit the listing description yesterday. Today I deleted all the photos and added them back in. That worked.

Another buyer from hell. Offer accepted on Sat evening, shipped an hour later on Sat, it was received and authenticated by Posh on Mon and today (on Wed) was out for delivery to the buyer (took 5 days totally). Now the buyer can't receive it, she sent me 16 messages that it was "annoying delay" with authentication and how she needs it "today by 5". Then demanded that I rearrange her delivery and remove signature required. It all AFTER I patiently explained to her how PM works and that I don't even know her address, it's PM that ships to her after authentication. not to mention I can't "rearrange" anything. then she started harassing me that I'm "lazy" and the order will be cancelled the item returned to me. I reported and blocked her, naturally.

Last edited:
Another buyer from hell. Offer accepted on Sat evening, shipped an hour later on Sat, it was received and authenticated by Posh on Mon and today (on Wed) was out for delivery to the buyer (took 5 days totally). Now the buyer can't receive it, she sent me 16 messages that it was "annoying delay" with authentication and how she needs it "today by 5". Then demanded that I rearrange her delivery and remove signature required. It all AFTER I patiently explained to her how PM works and that I don't even know her address, it's PM that ships to her after authentication. not to mention I can't "rearrange" anything. then she started harassing me that I'm "lazy" and the order will be cancelled the item returned to me. I reported and blocked her, naturally.
OMG. I'm sorry you are going through this! There are some really rude and demanding buyers on PM! I sold a pair of brand new GZ shoes and the buyer demanded I ship them the next day. I messaged her and explained I will ship them the next day(even though I have 3 days to ship) but they will first go to Authentication and I have no control how long it will take her to get them. I told her I wish she had messaged me before she bought them and asked if she would get them in time for her trip. I told her I can cancel her order right now if she wants. Thankfully she got the shoes in time and loves them. I have had to block and cancel a lot of sales, because of some rude and pushy buyers. I just cancel and block them. I'm not a damn store! I have a job and life outside of PM

I just had a nightmare buyer. She claimed my new bag was used by showing crumbs in the back pocket. None of my used purses have crumbs in the back pocket. Why would they? Do people put biscuits in their purse pockets? It didn't matter how I responded to her claim; I was never going to win. Posh approved the return and when I received it, she had put an ink mark on the front. I immediately opened a case. They made a decision very quickly. They gave me a $60 PM credit I can only spend on PM. That doesn't help me at all! They know that if I want to use it I'll have to spend more of my own money. The purse is ruined. I lost the total amount I paid. It wasn't super expensive since it was small and I got it on sale but still more than $100. I was too upset to try to sell it for a nominal amount so I donated it. I wanted it out of my sight so I didn't get reminded of it.

I just had a nightmare buyer. She claimed my new bag was used by showing crumbs in the back pocket. None of my used purses have crumbs in the back pocket. Why would they? Do people put biscuits in their purse pockets? It didn't matter how I responded to her claim; I was never going to win. Posh approved the return and when I received it, she had put an ink mark on the front. I immediately opened a case. They made a decision very quickly. They gave me a $60 PM credit I can only spend on PM. That doesn't help me at all! They know that if I want to use it I'll have to spend more of my own money. The purse is ruined. I lost the total amount I paid. It wasn't super expensive since it was small and I got it on sale but still more than $100. I was too upset to try to sell it for a nominal amount so I donated it. I wanted it out of my sight so I didn't get reminded of it.
that sucks

• Thanks
Reactions: Gennas and whateve
OMG. I'm sorry you are going through this! There are some really rude and demanding buyers on PM! I sold a pair of brand new GZ shoes and the buyer demanded I ship them the next day. I messaged her and explained I will ship them the next day(even though I have 3 days to ship) but they will first go to Authentication and I have no control how long it will take her to get them. I told her I wish she had messaged me before she bought them and asked if she would get them in time for her trip. I told her I can cancel her order right now if she wants. Thankfully she got the shoes in time and loves them. I have had to block and cancel a lot of sales, because of some rude and pushy buyers. I just cancel and block them. I'm not a damn store! I have a job and life outside of PM
Not so pleasant experience, but I'm glad it's happy ending for you.

Sellers have 7 business days to ship actually on PM. I shipped 1 hour later on Saturday evening, I mean which delay that nuts is talking about?

To think about it, it can be a scammer. There are red flags. 1) pretending not reading terms and conditions and emails where it clearly says each time "item will be authenticated", "signature will be required". 2) creating some false sense of urgency (this one mentioned hospital), often it's vacations, family emergency etc. 3) for that fake emergency they demand (usually rudely) the seller to violate TOU (ship on your own, change delivery and remove signature required like mine). 4) when you don't comply and point at TOU they start harassing you. 5) threatening you "do as I want or else" like order will be cancelled, package rejected and returned to you, chargeback, neg review.

It's better not to engage with them. Explain TOU politely once, how you shipped timely and did everything right on your side and then block them report to PM.