Influencers and Hermes

I don't think it's up to an innocent person to prove anything.

In a court of law falsely accusing someone of something carries a penalty.
And that’s why TFBS never accused anyone of anything. All they ask was “where is that bag from?” or have emoji eyeballs. At least that’s what I’ve seen. Implied is different from accusation and that’s where they’ll ride the line.

Speaking of people who are posing as something they’re not, I wish the FBS would go after the “influencers” who pretend they live a life of luxury but when in actuality they scammed their way to a bkc offer by buying a bunch of prespend and hawking them in fb groups online.

You’ve seen those accounts. Look at me in Paris at a cafe with a beret having a pastry and drinking a coffee. The reality is they’re in Paris in the dead of winter :lol:. Everyone else is wearing a winter coat but the “influencer” is in some short skirt with a thin mango type pseudo Chanel jacket carrying a bk that was the result of selling thousands upon thousands of dollars of prespend in fb Hermes groups. They try to “relate” to genuine Jaime Chua type influencers by tagging them in their stories. It’s quite sad and desperate. Why not just be real? Why the need to seek such affirmation?

It’s the same people who do it over and over. They go to different boutiques, buy a bunch of Hermes items (fj, orans, watch, belt, scarves, Avalon blanket, etc) and get a couple of non qb and a coveted qb. They list the prespend items including non qb (which are listed at inflated prices) and sometimes the qb (at least double what they paid) which they find undesirable on fb with tags like “bnib” “closet clean out” and every holiday is an opportunity to boost their sale. It always amazes me how people are so willing to throw away money. Just for a bag and so they can flex momentarily and feel like they belong.

I’ve seen some of these ”influencers” even showcasing fake bags recently, passing them off as real. Just so desperate to keep up the charades.

Yeah, but the problem here too is that H can perpetuate the problem at times, especially recently as it's personally felt to me they are paying a bit more attention than usual to "influencers". I understand it from a sales & marketing standpoint, I get it. But I feel like especially lately I have seen such an uptick of unboxing videos live in the store, lots of videoing merchandise in the store, "shopping at H vlogs!" which I felt in the past H was fairly strict about full-on video recording in the store. Many of those "influencers" posting this type of content are the same exact people you are referring to. One of them recently somehow getting permission to video their unboxing IN THE STORE of one of the most coveted bags, alongside some fine jewelry purchases -- while having a history of being one of the most "trusted sellers" in those groups you are referring to. Yet, that "influencer" hasn't yet posted showing off their latest wares almost a month later. On the contrary, actually. Wouldn't you think that another post "enjoying the latest very to most coveted purchases" would get more likes/new followers and perpetuate that luxurious lifestyle than showing off that gold birkin again? Anyway, it's a lot of words to say that when there are constant cases similar to this all over social media, then you see those same influencers constantly posting in the resale market... I'm sure it can give the impression that "if I become an "influencer" then maybe I can get more at the store! and then resell everything else, who cares." It's been interesting to notice a trend that a lot of those same people also have show-off social media accounts that have garnered a decent following. It's just gotten a bit nauseating to me personally.

Last edited:
And that’s why TFBS never accused anyone of anything. All they ask was “where is that bag from?” or have emoji eyeballs. At least that’s what I’ve seen. Implied is different from accusation and that’s where they’ll ride the line.
That still implies IMO.

I hate fakes too but it's no my business or place.

Yeah, but the problem here too is that H can perpetuate the problem at times, especially recently as it's personally felt to me they are paying a bit more attention than usual to "influencers". I understand it from a sales & marketing standpoint, I get it. But I feel like especially lately I have seen such an uptick of unboxing videos live in the store, lots of videoing merchandise in the store, "shopping at H vlogs!" which I felt in the past H was fairly strict about full-on video recording in the store. Many of those "influencers" posting this type of content are the same exact people you are referring to. One of them recently somehow getting permission to video their unboxing IN THE STORE of one of the most coveted bags, alongside some fine jewelry purchases -- while having a history of being one of the most "trusted sellers" in those groups you are referring to. Yet, that "influencer" hasn't yet posted showing off their latest wares almost a month later. On the contrary, actually. Wouldn't you think that another post "enjoying the latest very to most coveted purchases" would get more likes/new followers and perpetuate that luxurious lifestyle than showing off that gold birkin again? Anyway, it's a lot of words to say that when there are constant cases similar to this all over social media, then you see those same influencers constantly posting in the resale market... I'm sure it can give the impression that "if I become an "influencer" then maybe I can get more at the store! and then resell everything else, who cares." It's been interesting to notice a trend that a lot of those same people also have show-off social media accounts that have garnered a decent following. It's just gotten a bit nauseating to me personally.

Wow, I wasn't even allowed to take a pic of a rg/diamond necklace on me for my reference with view to buying. Maybe the rules are once you've bought it's OK? :shrugs:

Appalled at the mean comments on the tpb directed at the author of the article I posted. She just did an interview about an insta account that is both disturbing and interesting to many people. That’s it. So many complaining about the mean girls club just joined the same club by attacking the author and posting mean things about her and her family. I do understand why people are upset about tfbs and what they do. I just come here and read the blog for simplistic handbag talk. It’s interesting and fun. That’s it. Carry on.

Appalled at the mean comments on the tpb directed at the author of the article I posted. She just did an interview about an insta account that is both disturbing and interesting to many people. That’s it. So many complaining about the mean girls club just joined the same club by attacking the author and posting mean things about her and her family. I do understand why people are upset about tfbs and what they do. I just come here and read the blog for simplistic handbag talk. It’s interesting and fun. That’s it. Carry on.
The Rep Ladies are wild! The comments mirror their Reddit page where they were posting the same comments and directing people to comment on the PB article. People who love fake bags engage in some serious mental gymnastics and hypocrisy.

Agreed that it is hilarious, albeit a bit painful, to see claims of "mean girl", "bullying", and "gatekeeping" in a place (and thread) like this.

TFBS has come-up before, it's not about the article - certainly not by me. I adore and support NP, she writes the most in-depth and interesting articles.

Super YIKES!
Ive had my fun and games on here, but after seeing the comments on that interview, I feel I really need to reevaluate what type of community I'm involving myself in. After seeing the vile personal attacks on someone like @Notorious Pink, (THE INTERVIEWER!) it really gave me pause.
If you mean the purseblog ones; the comments are available to non members and are usually quite vitriolic in nature. (Very different from the vibe on purseforum since there’s a lack of accountability and far less mediation)

Super YIKES!
Ive had my fun and games on here, but after seeing the comments on that interview, I feel I really need to reevaluate what type of community I'm involving myself in. After seeing the vile personal attacks on someone like @Notorious Pink, (THE INTERVIEWER!) it really gave me pause.
When you shine a light on the shady elements in society, they will either run or attack. Since they believe they have anonymity in the article’s comments section, they’ve chosen to attack. I can imagine that they are trying to retaliate and destroy @Notorious Pink for daring to give any air time to something that is not complimentary to their obsessions with fake bags.

So influencers, reality stars, and foreign celebrities are tabloid fodder… but an actual famous American is not? Ok. I would bet my Birkins that it didn’t happen.

No... to clarify, a celebrity carrying a fake bag is not worthy of reporting. My point was that it happens frequently. It's well-known that many who can afford to carry the real thing carry counterfeits for whatever reason or justification they have in their heads.

:shrugs: