EU Chatting and Stalking

Great pics! I would say go see your SA at H and let him show you what they have. Cards don’t fit in Bastias, but they are perfect in a Calvi and hold lots of cards if you carry many. I find them perfect when I carry a really small bag. They have TDF leather goods overall, no other house does leather and color and quality better. And it’s not all Birkins and Kellys on the bag side (hard to find anyway). My Evelyne, a casual drapey soft crossbody is one of my favorite bags ever and is very casual and functional. They also have some fun bracelets and bangles and dishes and towels and pillows and blankets and…. their silks are definitely fabulous, but in a tropical setting maybe not for you (btw, I never thought I would ever wear scarves, but I’m hooked! I even found a way to tie one so almost no silk is on my neck that is super easy).

Why not have some fun looking with someone you know and it seems the two of you have a great relationship. How fun!
I really appreciate your insight. He starts in April, so I will have him give me a tour. I was looking through the Hermes threads and it's kind of overwhelming. Hermes has so many different leathers and colors. I don't know how people keep up. So what Hermes leather do most people prefer and which is their least preferred leather? Thanks for your help.

I really appreciate your insight. He starts in April, so I will have him give me a tour. I was looking through the Hermes threads and it's kind of overwhelming. Hermes has so many different leathers and colors. I don't know how people keep up. So what Hermes leather do most people prefer and which is their least preferred leather? Thanks for your help.
i know @brnicutie! It is overwhelming at first. But as an LV lover, you are already used to lots of choice. H leathers are very personal choice for most of us, just like our LV or other houses canvas or leathers.

For me I prefer less “treated” leather like clemence (baby bullskin, same as with LV), Togo which is the female skin and lighter weight than clemence. These two leathers handle inclement weather well. I like both leathers very much, and my bags in these leathers that have gotten some water (and even weak iced tea) on them easily wipe off with no sign of drops. I wouldn’t take any nice bag out in a downpour without protection! I love chèvre, which is goatskin and lightweight and just gorgeous with a sheen. It’s my favorite H leather. There are many others, like Barenia - a heritage leather that saddles, and bags and slg’s are made from. It’s gorgeous and will show spots and use, and has a beautiful patina over time and smells heavenly. Plus more! The only leather I truly don’t like at H is Epsom, similar to saffiano at other houses. To me it’s a very stiff leather with a plastic feel (love nice “hand” for my leather bags). Others love Epsom as it’s a leather that is stretched and stamped to hide imperfections, it’s often used in structured bags as it holds its shape and it takes color beautifully. For every leather or color there can be those of us that love it and those of us that don’t like it! The colors themselves are a stunning array of beauties, but some are seasonal only and not always available. H lovers are always amazed by their colors - they are gorgeous and very chameleon like in different light.

Sorry for the book! I’d say let your SA show you examples and I bet you will find what you love whether now or later. TPF has a thread for everything, it’s both a giant resource and as we all know here, a giant enabler! I would love to be able to have the chance you will have with your SA. Whether H becomes your thing or not what a fun field trip! Aloha :flowers: :hugs:

Sooo I had my appointment with my SA today, and tried on a lot of things and took some pics.
Official unboxing will wait a bit, i’m needing a nap right about now :biggrin:

But the new Nanogram was so much better irl than in pics, the leather is super soft. And the new Toilette on chain from the marine collection - it was nice, but not nice enough. Somehow the shape didnt work for me at all.

5B22939A-63F2-45A6-A503-681DB1AEC2BE.jpeg

8A45595E-2829-43DB-9069-D31E5827AB5F.jpeg

7E6E528E-7041-4453-B8DA-739C1D4F13C4.jpeg

And with me today, Classic speedy 30 with her cute necklace

1F56C645-FB9C-475D-8692-B285E43DED97.jpeg

But, here’s the endgame and best possible view on my passenger Seat :P

96580F85-6DEE-4773-9550-ED122283789A.jpeg

i know @brnicutie! It is overwhelming at first. But as an LV lover, you are already used to lots of choice. H leathers are very personal choice for most of us, just like our LV or other houses canvas or leathers.

For me I prefer less “treated” leather like clemence (baby bullskin, same as with LV), Togo which is the female skin and lighter weight than clemence. These two leathers handle inclement weather well. I like both leathers very much, and my bags in these leathers that have gotten some water (and even weak iced tea) on them easily wipe off with no sign of drops. I wouldn’t take any nice bag out in a downpour without protection! I love chèvre, which is goatskin and lightweight and just gorgeous with a sheen. It’s my favorite H leather. There are many others, like Barenia - a heritage leather that saddles, and bags and slg’s are made from. It’s gorgeous and will show spots and use, and has a beautiful patina over time and smells heavenly. Plus more! The only leather I truly don’t like at H is Epsom, similar to saffiano at other houses. To me it’s a very stiff leather with a plastic feel (love nice “hand” for my leather bags). Others love Epsom as it’s a leather that is stretched and stamped to hide imperfections, it’s often used in structured bags as it holds its shape and it takes color beautifully. For every leather or color there can be those of us that love it and those of us that don’t like it! The colors themselves are a stunning array of beauties, but some are seasonal only and not always available. H lovers are always amazed by their colors - they are gorgeous and very chameleon like in different light.

Sorry for the book! I’d say let your SA show you examples and I bet you will find what you love whether now or later. TPF has a thread for everything, it’s both a giant resource and as we all know here, a giant enabler! I would love to be able to have the chance you will have with your SA. Whether H becomes your thing or not what a fun field trip! Aloha :flowers: :hugs:
Wow! Thanks for all the info and writing it up for me. At least I have a little knowledge now and won't go in there looking like a fool. :lol: :hugs:

Currently in Paris and visited the LV dream museum! Spent €140 on the LV chocolates haha!
Can’t find any of the bags on my list but did try this Coussin which I think is the Middle East exclusive one? I cannot find it anywhere online and while I’m tempted I’m worried about colour transfer. What do you think?

View attachment 5743353

View attachment 5743354

View attachment 5743355

View attachment 5743356

View attachment 5743357

View attachment 5743358

View attachment 5743359
Thanks for all the pics. They're amazing. That gold coussin is beautiful. :heart: I want that large chocolate looking Vivienne.:lol:

Sooo I had my appointment with my SA today, and tried on a lot of things and took some pics.

But the new Nanogram was so much better irl than in pics, the leather is super soft. And the new Toilette on chain from the marine collection - it was nice, but not nice enough. Somehow the shape didnt work for me at all.

View attachment 5743399

View attachment 5743400

View attachment 5743401

View attachment 5743402

View attachment 5743403
I can't wait to see what you got. I love your DE speedy and her necklace. What a great way to describe it.

Wow! Thanks for all the info and writing it up for me. At least I have a little knowledge now and won't go in there looking like a fool. :lol: :hugs:
Of course - and you wouldn’t look like a fool! There is so much history and knowledge of H here at tpf - I started my H journey in 2012 with a double tour leather bracelet knowing almost nothing about Hermes and thank dog for tpf! I have learned so much here in the H and LV forums primarily, with slight journeys into other forums When H started in the 1800’s, none of us were around :P :hugs:

View attachment 5743399

View attachment 5743400

View attachment 5743401

View attachment 5743402

View attachment 5743403
Can’t wait to see your reveal!! Love your DE speedy and her jewelry. When I saw the Nanogram and Victorine, I thought “how did my stuff show up there?!”:lol: Truly my mind playing tricks on me. I liked the DA pouch on you, but if it doesn’t work it doesn’t work. It looks super tall in pics, someone else mentioned that I think. look forward to your unboxing :flowers:

Sorry you got a wonky bracelet. Hope you can find another one.

The victorine wallet is perfect. I also have a matching NF and victorine set in brume.

I can’t wait to see all your goodies. I wanna see the flowers.

Holy smokes! I can’t believe you typed all that out. Thanks.
Thank you very much hun! :heart: I love your BTP NF and Victorine set!:love: I definitely need to take my BTP speedy with her Victorine out this season too :ghi5:

That’s wonderful that you already have something on your radar as replacement for the DA bracelet :smile: :heart:
Yes, I‘m considering getting a bracelet but cannot decided which one. I really like the Forever Young, the new Twiggy, the blooming supple and the Floragram :love:. I wish I could try them on in store and compare, but there never seems to be stock.
Will you order online again?
Oh those ones are really beautiful :love: I’ll my my luck during one of my next store visits ;) hope that you can have a look and try the jewelry at store too :ghi5:

It was my Gucci SA’s last day today, so I brought him a ginger lei. He is moving over to Big H. I’ve never been interested in Hermes before, but he wants me to go see him. For those of you that shop there, what’s good to get? I know many of you love scarves, but it’s not my thing. I live in Hawaii and it’s warm year round. No one here uses scarves. I don’t even know how to tie one. :lol: Any advice on things to buy would be appreciated. Makeup, perfume, jewelry? While I was in Gucci, I noticed their cute animals collection. View attachment 5742916View attachment 5742917View attachment 5742918
You are lucky you already have a connection at H!
Scarves in your climate are too hot to wear, but I suggest to have a look at cashmere scarves for chilly nights or places with A/C. Have a look at the men’s cashmere scarves, they’re smaller and easier to wear, and the design is sometimes prettier than the women’s.
Then there’s a whole world: ties, bracelets, SLG (agendas, belts, card cases), and obviously the bags.
I only have 3 vintage bags in box leather, which is difficult to be offered now, but I would love to get something in Barenia, which is their saddle leather and shows marks, and something in Clemence which is soooo soft and velvety, and performs better in rain.
No love for Epsom.
I’m an H lover but not for all their items, I find that Gucci and LV are to be preferred for the design and practicality of some SLG and bags, but H leather is on another level.
Have fun!

You are lucky you already have a connection at H!
Scarves in your climate are too hot to wear, but I suggest to have a look at cashmere scarves for chilly nights or places with A/C. Have a look at the men’s cashmere scarves, they’re smaller and easier to wear, and the design is sometimes prettier than the women’s.
Then there’s a whole world: ties, bracelets, SLG (agendas, belts, card cases), and obviously the bags.
I only have 3 vintage bags in box leather, which is difficult to be offered now, but I would love to get something in Barenia, which is their saddle leather and shows marks, and something in Clemence which is soooo soft and velvety, and performs better in rain.
No love for Epsom.
I’m an H lover but not for all their items, I find that Gucci and LV are to be preferred for the design and practicality of some SLG and bags, but H leather is on another level.
Have fun!
Thanks for all the info, Mary! DrTr said the same thing about Epsom, that she wasn't a fan. What is box leather? So it's rare these days?