Marvelous March 2023 Purchases

Stepped into the store after what seemed like ages (I’m been doing online shopping on LV website instead). I was eyeing on a few items and couldn’t possibly order all the items and slowly inspect one by one to compare and I wasn’t even sure if those three items are the ones I would get because I had a 4th item that wasn’t launched yet (Kusama flowers speedy) I was eyeing too.

I was grossing underwhelmed by the Onthego PM!!! Going by the measurements on the web, it should be nearer to the size of a speedy 25, just a slimmer profile.
E934E0F4-EE4C-460E-BEB3-4BC24F584856.jpeg
However, it’s nearer to my speedy 20 instead!! Both frontal profile and sides. It’s just taller.

Next, I asked to look at Empreinte speedy 25 and the braided DE 25. I really wanted a muted design (in terms of logos, I want it to be “quieter”, hence, black is suitable because you can only see the logo up close). The braided was a tinge of sweetness with a comfort I’m used too (I love DE).
65AB6118-82CC-4405-B76C-04F91FA16D28.jpeg

I was also able to get the price of Kusama speedy in flowers. $5400 sgd available for ordering. I gathered some feedback from my husband and friend. I also recalled someone saying, she would have gotten the Kusama flowers if she were 30 yo. She reminded me that I’m not all teensy cutesy age anymore and the flower is attractive now, but will it still suit me when I’m 50-ish?

So, after careful considerations, I decided to bag home between noir or braided. 28B53FCE-CD80-494C-BDFA-0756BDA25680.jpeg

No, this part was not at LV, because I wasn’t VIC. At least the CA was patient enough with me. The previous CA I stuck with was not that patient and only offers me stuff when there are leftovers. He brushes me aside when I said I’m looking for certain canvas pieces. So, the trip to the store was also about looking for a new CA that I can work with.

The Empreinte was a tad heavier than braided. The weigh matters here because I want to use it as a work bag. For sure I’m gonna be dumping a lot of stuff inside. I’m leaning towards braided more than Empreinte. It’s true I do not have Empreinte speedy and I own tons of DE speedy (ok, 2, not tons). But the heart likes what the heart likes.

I didn’t do an unboxing because it’s not any different from the usual DE except for these:
1) Shiny golden zipper pulls and D-rings instead of the usual matte type.
2) The braided straps and handles of course.
F7C92697-2013-4C46-B20E-EECF6F27624E.jpeg

2BFCF3E3-D1C4-4252-9F2F-9D69BA78D208.jpeg

The hardware linking the handles and bag were still the matte hardwares.
CE6DEB58-F535-49CD-B458-B02FEDB600DD.jpeg

It’s not anything different from the usual DE speedy that I own which I need to take in a million angles. It’s just a sweeter version of my usual DE speedy. One tiny thing before I can use it - I need an insert for this because I’m really quite clumsy and the light pink interior is sweet. I cannot smear it with my careless usage. While waiting for my insert to arrived, I will puff up the bag to remove the folded creases when they were storing the bag.
016F8EF1-0785-4AE5-BF48-8235DD870ECD.jpeg

Stepped into the store after what seemed like ages (I’m been doing online shopping on LV website instead). I was eyeing on a few items and couldn’t possibly order all the items and slowly inspect one by one to compare and I wasn’t even sure if those three items are the ones I would get because I had a 4th item that wasn’t launched yet (Kusama flowers speedy) I was eyeing too.

I was grossing underwhelmed by the Onthego PM!!! Going by the measurements on the web, it should be nearer to the size of a speedy 25, just a slimmer profile.
View attachment 5742872
However, it’s nearer to my speedy 20 instead!! Both frontal profile and sides. It’s just taller.

Next, I asked to look at Empreinte speedy 25 and the braided DE 25. I really wanted a muted design (in terms of logos, I want it to be “quieter”, hence, black is suitable because you can only see the logo up close). The braided was a tinge of sweetness with a comfort I’m used too (I love DE).
View attachment 5742868

I was also able to get the price of Kusama speedy in flowers. $5400 sgd available for ordering. I gathered some feedback from my husband and friend. I also recalled someone saying, she would have gotten the Kusama flowers if she were 30 yo. She reminded me that I’m not all teensy cutesy age anymore and the flower is attractive now, but will it still suit me when I’m 50-ish?

So, after careful considerations, I decided to bag home between noir or braided. View attachment 5742867

No, this part was not at LV, because I wasn’t VIC. At least the CA was patient enough with me. The previous CA I stuck with was not that patient and only offers me stuff when there are leftovers. He brushes me aside when I said I’m looking for certain canvas pieces. So, the trip to the store was also about looking for a new CA that I can work with.

The Empreinte was a tad heavier than braided. The weigh matters here because I want to use it as a work bag. For sure I’m gonna be dumping a lot of stuff inside. I’m leaning towards braided more than Empreinte. It’s true I do not have Empreinte speedy and I own tons of DE speedy (ok, 2, not tons). But the heart likes what the heart likes.

I didn’t do an unboxing because it’s not any different from the usual DE except for these:
View attachment 5742871

View attachment 5742870

View attachment 5742869

It’s not anything different from the usual DE speedy that I own which I need to take in a million angles. It’s just a sweeter version of my usual DE speedy. One tiny thing before I can use it - I need an insert for this because I’m really quite clumsy and the light pink interior is sweet. I cannot smear it with my careless usage. While waiting for my insert to arrived, I will puff up the bag to remove the folded creases when they were storing the bag.
View attachment 5742884
That strap looks really comfortable too - so pretty!

That strap looks really comfortable too - so pretty!
Yes, the braiding kinda “buffers” the usual hard corners of the DE leather strap. The strap is also same length as the mono speedy 20 woven strap (first version, without the adjustable hardware). However, the placing of the speedy 25 D-ring is different from speedy 20, hence it sits lower for the 25. It pairs perfectly with the speedy 20 mono speedy too!!

View attachment 5742872

View attachment 5742868

So, after careful considerations, I decided to bag home between noir or braided. View attachment 5742867

View attachment 5742871

View attachment 5742870

View attachment 5742869

View attachment 5742884
Wow @Jumper! What a wonderful write up and comparison of all you got to see, glad your CA was more patient. As I recall you’ve been thinking about this lovely braided handle speedy for quite a while. I think it’s fabulous! And I giggled at the end when your cocktail was front and center - I bet after all your hard work you needed a drink :flowers: Congratulations!

7599BF0B-B2F4-4CB6-A3D9-96E4913996BB.jpeg

I have been eyeing the PM for a couple of years because I needed a more casual bag. I was initially attracted to the Reverse, but I had talked myself into the regular Mono over the last couple months because I thought it would be easier to match outfits with and I was worried about the Reverse looking dated in a few years. However, as soon as I laid eyes on the Reverse in person it was game over, love at first sight! It was also my first in-store purchase and I felt a little intimidated going in, but the SA’s could not have been nicer. Such a great experience and I’m so happy to own this beautiful bag.

View attachment 5743252

I have been eyeing the PM for a couple of years because I needed a more casual bag. I was initially attracted to the Reverse, but I had talked myself into the regular Mono over the last couple months because I thought it would be easier to match outfits with and I was worried about the Reverse looking dated in a few years. However, as soon as I laid eyes on the Reverse in person it was game over, love at first sight! It was also my first in-store purchase and I felt a little intimidated going in, but the SA’s could not have been nicer. Such a great experience and I’m so happy to own this beautiful bag.
Congratulations on your gorgeous PM! It’s one of my favorites - fairly weatherproof, and it holds a lot more than it would appear to! Great for travel as well.

Wow @Jumper! What a wonderful write up and comparison of all you got to see, glad your CA was more patient. As I recall you’ve been thinking about this lovely braided handle speedy for quite a while. I think it’s fabulous! And I giggled at the end when your cocktail was front and center - I bet after all your hard work you needed a drink :flowers: Congratulations!
Yes!! I had been asking about it here and there but not much information. I get that, because it’s really very similar to the classic DE and I also didn’t have a “brand new” feeling as I unbox my braided piece. Many people would have already gotten the DE in bandouliere 25 and it’s not really very “worth” it, to get essentially what looks almost the same AND with added cost to it.

But as I saw the nautical DA collection on the display shelves, I wonder how many who got that collection or last year’s braided DA collection also had the classic DA in their wardrobe? The heart wants what the heart wants.

As I examined the braided details, actually it doesn’t look like an easy feat to weave the leather on the Toron handles and the bandouliere strap. It has to be tight enough so it doesn’t move around and not too tight to create tension and bend it out of shape. The additional cost of the raw materials (very long strips of pink and cream leather) and the workmanship to craft the weaving vs the additional price tag (when comparing to its plainer sister), comes up to $560 sgd difference. I honestly think it’s reasonable enough.

The nautical DA speedy is $460 sgd difference from the plain DA. The lining textile has a nicer print (more luxurious feel) while the braided DE’s lining is just plain pink textile. I not keen in DA so that has never fallen into my radar.

The cocktail is a little celebration for getting the sweetie bag. It’s no hard work when it’s just (retail) therapy.

I bought the sunrise Keepall 25 and two bag charms. Love them! I also preordered the Kusama bag charm. :smile:

View attachment 5743151

View attachment 5743145
View attachment 5743146
yay! Love your keepall and charms.
A new to me but made in 2007 monogram mini pochette. View attachment 5743235
This little piece is wonderful, glad you got it. Mine is always in my bags!
View attachment 5743252

Lovely!!! Glad you had a good first experience. I love my PM - it does hold a lot and it’s organized and the back zip pocket is perfect for a phone. Bet you will love it. Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: Honeymoon and Taimi
Yes!! I had been asking about it here and there but not much information. I get that, because it’s really very similar to the classic DE and I also didn’t have a “brand new” feeling as I unbox my braided piece. Many people would have already gotten the DE in bandouliere 25 and it’s not really very “worth” it, to get essentially what looks almost the same AND with added cost to it.

But as I saw the nautical DA collection on the display shelves, I wonder how many who got that collection or last year’s braided DA collection also had the classic DA in their wardrobe? The heart wants what the heart wants.

As I examined the braided details, actually it doesn’t look like an easy feat to weave the leather on the Toron handles and the bandouliere strap. It has to be tight enough so it doesn’t move around and not too tight to create tension and bend it out of shape. The additional cost of the raw materials (very long strips of pink and cream leather) and the workmanship to craft the weaving vs the additional price tag (when comparing to its plainer sister), comes up to $560 sgd difference. I honestly think it’s reasonable enough.

The nautical DA speedy is $460 sgd difference from the plain DA. The lining textile has a nicer print (more luxurious feel) while the braided DE’s lining is just plain pink textile. I not keen in DA so that has never fallen into my radar.

The cocktail is a little celebration for getting the sweetie bag. It’s no hard work when it’s just (retail) therapy.
Indeed - we often know the second we see something that our heart wants it even if we have something similar. I think the braided strap is beautiful. You’re right, retail therapy, especially with LV and bags and slg’s isn’t really work, but many of us obsess and think and plan and calculate a great deal As we add to our collections. Glad your celebrated you much loved bag!

I will take this opportunity to show my technically Feb purchases, but cc will come due in March :P

My Nanogram rose speedy, and Nanogram Rose Victorine wallet. I am in LVoe with these 2 pieces! And my 2mm insert from Zoomoni arrived in a week! So I can start using it, protecting the inside and keeping the bag structure as this calfskin is soft and lovely. It is a bright pink for sure, but not as bright as the gorgeous Rose Miami. I’m posting my bag/wallet next to a pic from the website (another my bag) so people can tell the difference. Can’t wait to see everyone’s lovelies for March!

View attachment 5731412

View attachment 5731413

View attachment 5731414

View attachment 5731415

DrTr, you have such exquisite taste! :heart: Congratulations on these beauties! That color is just stunning! I love pinks and magenta colors:smile:
Enjoy!